28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest johnnydj

waiting for the baked version to try it out :P

Paul could you possibly make 2 baked versions?

with and without the 64ram hack?

Edited by johnnydj

Guest okdac

Hi Paul,

Baked the latest AND FANTASTIC (many many thanks) FR17 RC3 yesterday. I fully wiped and even waited until battery reached 15%. Went to Recovery mode and re-wiped, just battery. Then turned the phone off and plugged it to recharge. Powered on this morning (of course 100% charged ;-)), and still this battery drain with Dialer (Appeler) just 1 hour after powered on (90%)...I didn't give any call of course...(see the attachment)

What am I doing wrong ? I'm lost...

Thanks again anyway.

Okdac

post-606282-1305781750_thumb.png

Edited by okdac

Guest wapz

i lost 17% in 6 hours of sleep being idle and the dialer has a huge partial wake bar on mcr fr17b3. no difference for me. i charged to 100%, flashed image and shutdown before booting, charged again for and hour and started. after booting it was already on 95%.

:P

Guest johnnydj
i lost 17% in 6 hours of sleep being idle and the dialer has a huge partial wake bar on mcr fr17b3. no difference for me. i charged to 100%, flashed image and shutdown before booting, charged again for and hour and started. after booting it was already on 95%.

weird... I never had any battery drain problems ever.

Now I'm really curious to try it out.

Guest mox2001

Yeah.. I just lost 26% overnight ON FLIGHTMODE!!!!

FR16 B3

How is that even possible??

Guest Atomicman

Paul,

is it possible to download your kernel in a seperate CWM .zip?

As of battery drain, i go back to another ROM :-( but want to use your latest Kernel...

Thanks!

Guest sckank
Paul,

is it possible to download your kernel in a seperate CWM .zip?

As of battery drain, i go back to another ROM :-( but want to use your latest Kernel...

Thanks!

Battery drain for me is great. In 7.5h 2% with wireless network on. Some UV but not tweaked to max.

Guest Jay_Snake
Battery drain for me is great. In 7.5h 2% with wireless network on. Some UV but not tweaked to max.

Which UV did you use? What are your settings in pimpmycpu?

Guest Husum182

I too have been experiencing battery drain ever since FR12. On FR12 battery life is okay. But since even on FR17RC3 it has been draining very fast.

Went from 100% to 36% during last night - Efter flash at 100% with Cache/Dalvik-Cache and battery stats wipe beforehand.

This morning I have now tried full wipe of everything and flashed FR17R3 Vanilla like version, and see how it goes. Will report my findings..

EDIT: Very sorry, just wanted to post my experience, thought it might be helpful for some. All my builds I have been vanilla only, no LG apps selected. MCR Kernel - tried with and without 64MB Ram hack and SQL Fix.

Edited by Husum182

Guest conceptics

First of all, this shouldn't be the thread about battery issues anymore, unless something happens between a release build directly. Secondly, posting about battery drain without specifying what programs or what kind of kitchen options were installed is kind of pointless, since the majority doesn't seem to have the same issues - so it's probably program and not directly build related. Only way to find out is to post detailed information on spec/apps/kitchen-options etc.

Guest djpalmis

LOL

It is really funny: Initially users want power: OC/UV, step voltage custimizzation and so on.

Like a PC...

I'm not surprised if someone wants to adjusts FAN SPEED on Optimus Dual.. -.-

THEN somebody discovers that POWER is useless without control (a Pirelli slogan sentence...).

:rolleyes:

Poor Paul! <_<

I take this opportunity to say thank to Paul for his HARD work.. and his patience! :P

Guest gin0v4

hmmm still on fr12, battery life is awesome (2 days with yt, heavy 3g, auto sync & games) - i do not even want to upgrade anymore cuz everything runs smooth and works fine for me :P

Guest goatee

I also posted a thread saying that my Exchange account details weren't persisted. I'm glad I'm not alone!

hmmm... using Google Email in place of LG Email : not keeping my account setting..

Any one have tried and have the same issue ?

I also tried to push ( on another rom :rolleyes: ) Email.apk from CM7 ( to get the option to retreive all emails and not only one month early ) but i had same issue : setting and account are not keep :P

Fix permission already done

Guest ben1th
With RC3 I can't make or receive calls. No signal. Revert to FR16b4 and everything worked again :rolleyes:

i have the same problem! what sim do you have? for me with any vodafone sim it doenst work (in paderborn germany, who knows if its only in this area) but when i put a o2 sim it works perfect!

EDIT:

DUDE it works!! :P

just did the same like last time. wiped cache, data, dalvik and installed fr17rc3 and after entering the code it just connected to network!!!

last night i called vodafone because of that. they told me in bielefeld (next bigger city from paderborn) one network is faulty. I guess they also had problems in my area because my htc desire with another vodafone sim had some problems too

Edited by ben1th

Guest alvari

How's GPS working for you guys?

I can't seem to get a GPS lock, not even outdoors. This problem has been around for me since I think fr15.. I've tried the hidden menu fix to change supl to supl.nokia.com, which indeed worked, but seems like a hack. Any news on this situation?

Guest Squide
How's GPS working for you guys?

I can't seem to get a GPS lock, not even outdoors. This problem has been around for me since I think fr15.. I've tried the hidden menu fix to change supl to supl.nokia.com, which indeed worked, but seems like a hack. Any news on this situation?

no problem at all using nokia server.

did you select hidden menu?

Guest TheSacredSoul
Gonna start poking around with the SU660 update next (once prebakes for Fr17 final are up later today)...

P

Great news!

Guest Reister
i have the same problem! what sim do you have? for me with any vodafone sim it doenst work (in paderborn germany, who knows if its only in this area) but when i put a o2 sim it works perfect!

EDIT:

DUDE it works!! :P

just did the same like last time. wiped cache, data, dalvik and installed fr17rc3 and after entering the code it just connected to network!!!

last night i called vodafone because of that. they told me in bielefeld (next bigger city from paderborn) one network is faulty. I guess they also had problems in my area because my htc desire with another vodafone sim had some problems too

No network problems in my country. Vodafone Spain. I just reflash and everything worked again (with fr16b4)

Guest ODIN679

I seem to have battery issues with FR17 that were gone with FR16.... Lost 10% in 40m.... Any one else getting this again!?