28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest withoutwings
Gonna start poking around with the SU660 update next (once prebakes for Fr17 final are up later today)...

P

Not sure it's worth doing that, as the official P990 update is less than a week away according to LG. Unless you're as impatient as the rest of us! :P

Guest MrMastodon
where can i find the shortcut to hiddenmenu? in online kitchen ive selected hiddenmenu but i cant find it.

That's why it's called 'hidden' menu :P

But if you dial 1809#*990# you might find something...

Guest raze19

Anyone having trouble with suspend sucking up battery and number one on the CPU usage list?

@Paul Im currently using FR16 Beta 4 and upon checking spareparts > battery history > CPU usage > #1 on the list is suspend. its running on the background even if the phone is on idle/sleep hence sucking up the phones battery. is this issue addressed or fixed on the Fr17 RC 3?

Please help.

Guest c.joenie

Ok, i have some issues with FR17RC3: when you have a realy unreliable wireless, it starts crashing :P. This was ok in FR15 for as far as i know :rolleyes:.

Other than that: nice work!

Guest Naga01

Guys,

I am trying to flash FR17RC3 thru clockmod, but everytime i try i get this error

E: Can't open /sdcard/....b6f.zip (bad)

Installation aborted,

have anyone came across this, any suggestion ?????

Guest alvari

I just checked the GPS in hidden menu and Nokia is now set as the default supl? I guess my GPS problemos are then related to my network provider since I can't seem to be able to get any data moving up or down (altough my phone says it has hsdpa/3g connectivity).

Btw, shouldn't GPS be available without data connectivity too? Just not as accurate?

Guest jambezuk
Guys,

I am trying to flash FR17RC3 thru clockmod, but everytime i try i get this error

Installation aborted,

Reboot into CWM first then flash... are you trying to flash through Rom Manager?

Guest abye

I have try many way to flash Fr17 RC3 but it still can't boot. It stay on black screen after the LG logo. Even i use the default kitchen.

I have reflash the clockwork mod recovery and i got the same problem. I try flash a rom with oc/uv kernel(not mcr) and i got the same problem.

what's wrong with my phone?

Guest ezangrando

There is a problem with google dialer from Fr16 till now, when you are calling the numeric pad don't work so can't navigare in call center sub menu. :P

Guest phete

Am I the only one getting a very long delay before the screen gets turned on after pressing power to wake it from sleep? It even got so delayed it turned off before I had the time to unlock it :P

And minutes ago I just received a phone call and the screen didn't turn on for ~7+ sec. :<

Guest BrumBrum74
Am I the only one getting a very long delay before the screen gets turned on after pressing power to wake it from sleep? It even got so delayed it turned off before I had the time to unlock it :P

And minutes ago I just received a phone call and the screen didn't turn on for ~7+ sec. :<

I have the same. Very annoying.

Running Google Lockscreen and removed Car Home, Facbook (LG) and some other LG apps.

Using MCK kernel r14 with overlocking / undervolt support and 64MB RAM hack

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest goatee

Are you under-clocking or under-volting?

I have the same. Very annoying.

Running Google Lockscreen and removed Car Home, Facbook (LG) and some other LG apps.

Using MCK kernel r14 with overlocking / undervolt support and 64MB RAM hack

Guest phete

I'm also using Google Lockscreen and didn't include the LG lockscreen :P, I also removed Car Home just as BrumBrum74 did. I did not choose the 64MB RAM hack kernel though, just regular MCK.

And regarding uc/uv, all I did was to install Pimp my Cpu and set the pre-set "1200" as max, nothing else.

Edited by phete

Guest BrumBrum74
Are you under-clocking or under-volting?

Was using PimpMyCpu with sleep underclocking. Uninstalled PimpMyCpu and rebooted and all seems good now.

Guest planeth

Once again, Paul, thank you so much for your hard work.

I am on 17rc3+ramhack and must say it is really smooth.

Lockscreen is still lagging a little... Although it's a lot better than on previous releases (i no longer se my desktop before lockscreen pops up... but i still have to wait for about 1 second, when I press power)

Besides, in my case, dialer is still #1 battery hog. F.ex., i just unplugged from power and listened to some music for about 10-15 minutes... Dialer in idle was the first one on the list, spending about twice as much battery as the music player did, for those 10-15 minutes... I know it's a short period to meassure, but I guess it still counts (I do check in spare parts regularly, dialer in idle always uses more battery than anything else.)

Btw, i'm using LG lockscreen and LG dialer.... And basically nothing else from LG (which reminds me.... Do I still need to bake on-screen phone into the ROM, or are any issues without it solved by now?)

You're doing an awesome job, if you can stop dialer from spending so much battery in idle, it'll be even awesomer :P

Guest Boergen

My friend the Dialer ist back with 17_3...

Unplugged it at ~0:15am and 12 hours later is has accumulated 38mins of Dialer usage (top of the list)... :P

Guest ascito

Just un upgrade for Paul: battery life is better than I had before with previuos ROM version, but always standby phone is taking 43% of battery resource...

Edited by ascito

Guest d-droid
Guys,

Installation aborted,

Maybe the download is corrupted?