28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest aaww

Seems like I have found a small problem with Fr17 RC3 Auto Brightness function.

The Automatic brightness function is nor working for me, the same levels of brightness are shown.

Even if i put the device under direct light, specifically the censor under a table lamp nothing happens.

Please test if you can.

are there any logs i can export to the forum to show technical info about this ?

P.S

I have intalled Fr17 RC3 on top of Fr16 beta 4 and preformed a full wipe and cleared the cache and dalvic as well.

Guest maedox

Amazing! :P

I can't wait for an update from LG though. I still see random lock-ups with no apparent pattern, and it happens mostly when the phone is _not_ charging. If LG doesn't fix it I'll sell this sh*t and ban LG from getting my money for a long time.

Guest Trym Hansen

The Automatic brightness function is nor working for me, the same levels of brightness are shown.

Even if i put the device under direct light, specifically the censor under a table lamp nothing happens.

Please test if you can.

are there any logs i can export to the forum to show technical info about this ?

P.S

I have intalled Fr17 RC3 on top of Fr16 beta 4 and preformed a full wipe and cleared the cache and dalvic as well.

Confirmed on FR17 RC3 here. Also a wipe-install, but I did restore a Titanium Backup (which sometimes leads to problems). Someone with a pure installation should test it as well.

::Trym

Guest AleFranz

@Paul: is Camera.fr17rc1fix.apk the same version of the silent camcorder as in 17 final?

Thanks! I appreciate your work!

Guest Paul
@Paul: is Camera.fr17rc1fix.apk the same version of the silent camcorder as in 17 final?

Thanks! I appreciate your work!

Yeah.

P

Guest Paul
Confirmed on FR17 RC3 here. Also a wipe-install, but I did restore a Titanium Backup (which sometimes leads to problems). Someone with a pure installation should test it as well.

MCK kernel or Eternity kernel?

P

Guest withoutwings
Amazing! :P

I can't wait for an update from LG though. I still see random lock-ups with no apparent pattern, and it happens mostly when the phone is _not_ charging. If LG doesn't fix it I'll sell this sh*t and ban LG from getting my money for a long time.

Eternity kernel sorted out non-charging locks and reboots for me; however locking-up still happens when charging. But as there are other lingering bugs with EK I think I'll switch back to using Paul's one and wait for LG's fix.

Guest soundsk

MCK here, fresh install (wiped) installed a few apps nothing much. Auto brightness does change brightness, but very very little.

MCK kernel or Eternity kernel?

P

Guest Paul

Help me diagnose the auto brightness problem.

If you have the issue, please download this file - http://gordon.modaco.com/boot.Fr16.img - then do the following via ADB:

adb push boot.Fr16.img /data/local/
adb shell dd if=/data/local/boot.Fr16.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
adb reboot[/code]

This will break your WiFi (you'll need to flash Fr17 back afterwards), but hopefully will the Fr16 boot is on your auto brightness will work, in which case i'll be able to confirm it's a kernel issue. Could someone try with Eternity kernel too?

TIA.

P

Guest maedox

Auto-brightness seems to work as usual here. I haven't wiped since stock though.

Played around a bit with Pimp my CPU. 1400 MHz = 3600+ Quadrant Adv without the SQL hack. :P Maybe the Galaxy S's Exynos just is that much faster than Tegra2.

Guest Trym Hansen
Help me diagnose the auto brightness problem.

If you have the issue, please download this file - http://gordon.modaco.com/boot.Fr16.img - then do the following via ADB:

adb push boot.Fr16.img /data/local/

adb shell dd if=/data/local/boot.Fr16.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5

adb reboot

This will break your WiFi (you'll need to flash Fr17 back afterwards), but hopefully will the Fr16 boot is on your auto brightness will work, in which case i'll be able to confirm it's a kernel issue. Could someone try with Eternity kernel too?

TIA.

P

Done. Er, not sure what to say here. Wi-Fi NOT broken. Auto-brightness increasing slightly if shining a bright light directly at the sensor, but not dimming when covering the sensor in a moderately lit room.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest PhilNelwyn
I still see random lock-ups with no apparent pattern, and it happens mostly when the phone is _not_ charging. If LG doesn't fix it I'll sell this sh*t and ban LG from getting my money for a long time.

You'd sell a faulty device ? Very kind... ^^

I have no problem with mine, why don't you use the warranty to have it changed ?

[sorry for OT]

Guest maedox
You'd sell a faulty device ? Very kind... ^^

I have no problem with mine, why don't you use the warranty to have it changed ?

[sorry for OT]

LG does so why wouldn't I? On the other hand I might use the warranty, but I hate having to be without a device or use an older device in the meantime.

Guest withoutwings

Auto brightness has never been particularly good on these phones to begin with. Eg. it would never go up to max in direct sunlight, so it's hard to read the screen outdoors sometimes. And it's not smooth gradients between values.

EDIT: Sorry, probably not helpful - just venting! :P

Edited by withoutwings

Guest PhilNelwyn
LG does so why wouldn't I? On the other hand I might use the warranty, but I hate having to be without a device or use an older device in the meantime.

Yes... annoying.

Guest Paul
Done. Er, not sure what to say here. Wi-Fi NOT broken. Auto-brightness increasing slightly if shining a bright light directly at the sensor, but not dimming when covering the sensor in a moderately lit room.

After flashing the Fr16 kernel above? Does it now show 'mck-r12' in settings->about?

P

Guest Trym Hansen
After flashing the Fr16 kernel above? Does it now show 'mck-r12' in settings->about?

P

Yes, it does. "2.6.32.28-mck-r12" to be precise.

::Trympost-869413-1305819207_thumb.png

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest aaww

Please test if you can.

P.S

UPDATE:

I have been playing with it for 30 min now.

I have noticed the that there are Brightness changes but very small and it takes a very long time until the change happens.

Went from a light room to darkness :P and it took 7 seconds for the phone to catch up and make the screen a bit darker.

I have repeated this a few times.

Guest beeklaan

My Quadrantscore is only 2500/2600? It used to be 3000.

It seems to have some problems with the I/O part.

Also, the hidden menu is gone...

Guest abye

Paul, any idea with my phone? i can't use the Fr17 RC3 or Fr17 prebake. After flashing and loaded the lg logo, then stay on black screen & no respond.

I have try revert to EXT3 and do a NVflash v10b. Then root &flash recovery you posted. still not working on my phone.

maybe it's the kernel problem, because i try to flash different rom with OCUV kernel and it's same.PLEASE HELP ME.

Guest Trym Hansen
Paul, any idea with my phone? i can't use the Fr17 RC3 or Fr17 prebake. After flashing and loaded the lg logo, then stay on black screen & no respond.

I have try revert to EXT3 and do a NVflash v10b. Then root &flash recovery you posted. still not working on my phone.

maybe it's the kernel problem, because i try to flash different rom with OCUV kernel and it's same.PLEASE HELP ME.

Read post #1 very carefully.

Guest abye
Read post #1 very carefully.

I had read it 3 times... what i missing? I had wiped

Edited by abye