28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Trym Hansen
I had read it 3 times... what i missing? I had wiped

"A WIPE IS MANDATORY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK / Fr3 OR EARLIER! Apologies, but this is unavoidable for this release. I recommend using Titanium Backup to back up your data. Wipe BEFORE installing the ROM."

Big letters, aren't they?

Edit to conform to your edit. If you had wiped, as you added, then you're probably not patient enough. It takes a long time to start the phone the first time.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest abye
"A WIPE IS MANDATORY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK / Fr3 OR EARLIER! Apologies, but this is unavoidable for this release. I recommend using Titanium Backup to back up your data. Wipe BEFORE installing the ROM."

Big letters, aren't they?

Edit to conform to your edit. If you had wiped, as you added, then you're probably not patient enough. It takes a long time to start the phone the first time.

No... I had wait about 15~20mins only LG LOGO for 5-10second THEN GO TO BLACK SCREEN(I back to the Fr17 RC2,After the lg logo i can see the loading bar then it booted. If i pull out my battery and restart my phone, it will boot loop or no respond....

Guest Paul

It's deselected in the default bake, as is the SQL tweak for safety reasons).

I'll put the hidden menu files back in the next release (I removed them during battery drain analysis).

P

Guest mattfigaro

On this latest rom, I always have the music app running in the background and i cant kill it.

I didnt even start it. Any tips?

I always use the standard google apps when I bake the rom, and havent noticed this behaviour before.

Guest mould14
My Quadrantscore is only 2500/2600? It used to be 3000.

It seems to have some problems with the I/O part.

Also, the hidden menu is gone...

i got the same problem

Guest d-droid
Paul, any idea with my phone? i can't use the Fr17 RC3 or Fr17 prebake. After flashing and loaded the lg logo, then stay on black screen & no respond.

I have try revert to EXT3 and do a NVflash v10b. Then root &flash recovery you posted. still not working on my phone.

maybe it's the kernel problem, because i try to flash different rom with OCUV kernel and it's same.PLEASE HELP ME.

I came from Fr15 and had to wipe everything to be able to boot up. I also got stuck on LG/Modaco boot screen if only wiping cache. Didn't have to use any ext-magic.

Edited by d-droid

Guest d-droid
i got the same problem

Problem with hidden menu gone or low quadrant scores?

Hidden menu is not in the prebake as Paul stated couple of posts above. Quadrant is worth nothing and alas can't be a problem.

Guest iSlash75

Paul,

I have some question because I do not understand everything.

- For "pimpmycpu" I can installed it works here?

- 64mb ram are included or not?

- Google music is included?

- you can not access the menu to change the hide gps nokia?

Thank you.

otherwise the Rom FR17 is great...

Guest ilos

small feedback : huge battery drain => 15% in 6H , flight mod on and phone not used ( during sleep ) / stock rom => 2% drain in 8h in same condition

oO

Edit : not alone !

i lost 17% in 6 hours of sleep being idle and the dialer has a huge partial wake bar on mcr fr17b3. no difference for me. i charged to 100%, flashed image and shutdown before booting, charged again for and hour and started. after booting it was already on 95%.

:P

Edited by ilos

Guest withoutwings
Paul,

I have some question because I do not understand everything.

- For "pimpmycpu" I can installed it works here?

- 64mb ram are included or not?

- Google music is included?

- you can not access the menu to change the hide gps nokia?

Thank you.

otherwise the Rom FR17 is great...

You can answer some of those questions by looking at the default options in the Kitchen...

Guest 75markus

guys, if you have low quadrant scores, you selected "Revert SQLite Library to Stock" (or use the prebake)

without Revert SQLite Library to Stock i get about 3200 with 1000Mhz & 4273 with 1400Mhz in quadrant ...

but it´s only numbers ... :P

Guest withoutwings
small feedback : huge battery drain => 15% in 6H , flight mod on and phone not used ( during sleep ) / stock rom => 2% drain in 8h in same condition

That's not huge!! 15% is perfectly fine in that time from a smartphone (even with flight mode on). I'd be worried about 50+% over 6 hours, which is what many were getting before.

Edited by withoutwings

Guest ilos
That's not huge!! 15% is perfectly fine in that time from a smartphone (even with flight mode on). I'd be worried about 50+% over 6 hours, which is what many were getting before.

without using it ? during my sleep ? if it lost 15% without touching it, what you think will happened when i have a heavy use ?

conditions :

flight mode

no apps installed except stock FR17 apps

Baked with :

Google Email

Google Launcher

Live Wallpaper (google)

Stock LockScreen

Maps

Google MMS/SMS

Youtube

Calculator

LG Calendar

FM Radio

LG Gallery

Home selector

LG launcher

LG Live wallpaper

LG Mirror

LG Music

PC Sync + On Screen Phone + MITS

Preloaded Additional Applications

Screen Capture

SmartShare

LG Video application

WAP Service

LG widgets

Adobe Flash Player

Polaris Office

Sprite Backup

Gingerbread Keyboard

Spare Parts

Titanium Backup

MCK kernel r14 with overlocking / undervolt support and 64MB RAM hack ( stock setting with pimpmycpu )

Power On / Power Off Sounds

SQLite 'speed tweak'

Wipe Battery Stats

as you see , baked ( with small additions ) like a stock rom :P

Edited by ilos

Guest withoutwings
without using it ? during my sleep ? if it lost 15% without touching it, what you think will happened when i have a heavy use ?

Well it is possible that an app might be keeping your phone awake for some of that time. Try looking in Spare Parts --> Battery History to see if anything looks bad in "Partial Wake" or "Sensor Usage".

Guest davidzendrato

I don't know whether this is a stupid question or no, but one thing is bothering me,

why is it that every time that i want to start angry bird (after being restored with titanium backup) it always force close? (my other applications doesn't have this problem as far as i know)

it never happened to me in previous builds, only happens in FR17 final and FR17 RC3

anyone got the same problem with me?

Edit : I tried uninstalled angry bird, and then restoring it again with the option restore app + data...in the middle of restoring it, my phone just reboot....it happened 5 times already....

please help :P

Edited by davidzendrato

Guest abye

lol. my phone seems can't use your fr17 ocuv kernel, i have change the kernel back to rc2 ver. and it booted. It seems only my phone had this problem... cause i try to flash eternity project kernel 2.0 or higher version to my phone it have the same problem i have....

Guest withoutwings
I don't know whether this is a stupid question or no, but one thing is bothering me,

why is it that every time that i want to start angry bird (after being restored with titanium backup) it always force close? (my other applications doesn't have this problem as far as i know)

it never happened to me in previous builds, only happens in FR17 final and FR17 RC3

anyone got the same problem with me?

I have had that happen randomly before with Titanium Backup.

Solution is to uninstall the app, reinstall from market, then restore data only in TB.

Guest Trym Hansen
About to add the new RIL to the kitchen for anyone who's upgraded to the latest (SU660 rip) baseband.

P

Did this actually happen? The changelog says nothing about it, and with the latest baseband, with a freshly cooked ROM (and on FR17 RC3) I can't get no co-connection.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest davidzendrato
I have had that happen randomly before with Titanium Backup.

Solution is to uninstall the app, reinstall from market, then restore data only in TB.

when i installed it through the market, in the middle of installing, the phone just reboot....4 times of 4 try already

thanks anyway for trying to help me :P