28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ilos
Use the battery life topic for battery life discussion, please.

P

Can you delete my post please Paul ? i will copy/paste it in battery thread

Guest Trym Hansen
The Korean 10s RIL is NOT compatible with our 2Xs it seems.

P

Probably best to remove 1035.21_20110502 from the sticky then, I couldn't get any connection with it, reverting to 0405 fixed it. So far all basebands have been compatible with the older RILs, I beleive, but not this one.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen

Just noticed another peculiarity with FR17 and auto-brightness. The Phone popped up the 15% battery left warning, and dimmed the screen to the minimum. After clicking ok, the screen did not revert to the previous state (perhaps to save battery I thought.)

However, switching auto-brightness off, then back on again returned it to the state it was before the battery-popup.

FR17, MCK reflashed, ie. latest kernel.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest alvari
So, noone withGPS problems? I can't get a lock even outside...

I was unable to get GPS lock yesterday and today.. But I was also unable to get almost any data moving when on 3g/hsdpa. Then suddenly today when I used wifi to download some updates from market and then switching back to mobile data, the gps also started working.. Dunno what's up with that.

Guest ilos
Probably best to remove 1035.21_20110502 from the sticky then, I couldn't get any connection with it, reverting to 0405 fixed it. So for all basebands have been compatible with the older RILs, I beleive, but not this one.

0502 work like a charm on stock rom

Guest Paul
Probably best to remove 1035.21_20110502 from the sticky then, I couldn't get any connection with it, reverting to 0405 fixed it. So far all basebands have been compatible with the older RILs, I beleive, but not this one.

The RIL doesn't work but the baseband does.

P

Guest Trym Hansen
The RIL doesn't work but the baseband does.

P

Uhm, no, not for me. Maybe it technically "works", but for sure it doesn't connect. Could be provider-related I guess.

Edit: What the heck, I'll try again, maybe something went wrong with the first flash.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest gaz31
Uhm, no, not for me. Maybe it technically "works", but for sure it doesn't connect. Could be provider-related I guess.

0502 works fine here, no problems with connection using FR17.

Guest Paul

Edit: What the heck, I'll try again, maybe something went wrong with the first flash.

I obviously connected to data and made some test calls before I posted.

P

Guest Trym Hansen
I obviously connected to data and made some test calls before I posted.

P

I don't doubt in the least that it does work for you. I don't doubt myself either when I say it doesn't work for me. As stated I'll reflash and see if the same thing happens again.

EDIT: I thought it best to redownload as well, to make sure the file isn't corrupted, and I get this: "The requested URL /files/paul/2x/LGSU660AT-00-V10s-450-05-MAY-02-2011+0.fls was not found on this server."

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen
I don't doubt in the least that it does work for you. I don't doubt myself either when I say it doesn't work for me. As stated I'll reflash and see if the same thing happens again.

EDIT: I thought it best to redownload as well, to make sure the file isn't corrupted, and I get this: "The requested URL /files/paul/2x/LGSU660AT-00-V10s-450-05-MAY-02-2011+0.fls was not found on this server."

Ok, reflashed, and this time it connects without incident. Must have been a bad first flash - which makes me kinda nervous. Anyway, I solemnly swear I tested it thorougly the first time.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Guest djmcnz

@Paul

I still get the stack dump on YouTube as posted before so I did some further analysis using different kernels:

Fr17 With:

MCK-R14+64: stack dump

MCK-R14-No64: stack dump

MCK-CM1 (Fr12): stack dump

MCK-R4 (really old): **NO DUMP** ...

So.. I think it's kernel related... can I do some more testing?

Edited by djmcnz

Guest orlox

I have gps - data problems too. Gps lock takes ages. Like 30 minutes outside and no conection. But 3g data althougt its on and I see the small icon up i have no data. IF I restart the phone I have data and lock in 47 seconds.

Also the device froze 2 times since yesterday. One while i was browsing the net and one while i was opening the tethering. I had to remove battery. Hardware keys werent workink either. Thats with fr16 beta 2 no overcvlock no sql hack no 64mb hack.

Other than these 2 phone is super fast 0 lag and I suggest people to donate to use the custom kitchen. Pauls rom makes a huge difference in experience using optimus 2x.

Edit: Ok the problem appears when the phone changes from 3g to 2ÄŸ network.

Try do this. Go 3g check dataall ok. Go 2g check data and not working. Restart phone 2g works. Change to 3g not working. Restart phone 3g working.

So if it changes fro 3g to 2g and vice verca net isnt working until I restart the device.

Edited by orlox

Guest audioph1le

I just downloaded the file, i can't bake one.

Paul, could you please make a file with the RAM-Hack?

Edited by audioph1le

Guest raze19

any idea why SUSPEND is number one on my CPU USAGE list ?

Never had this on FR12 and FR13

Started having this issue from FR16 - FR17 and for whatever reason this is sucking up the CPU usage as well as battery, hence my phone drains faster on FR16 - FR17 than FR12. Am I the only person seeings "SUSPEND" under CPU Usage ? I was able to check this using spareParts. I tried reflashing FR17 multiple times and suspend is still there, same thing w/ all beta versions of FR16. I'm now back to FR12 ( I know its not as snappy as FR17 ) yet I dont have suspend sucking up CPU usage/battery. Please help me Paul.

Edited by raze19

Guest eniux

installed, it was working great until i just got a force reboot out of the blue, after the reboot my external sd card wasnt recognized anymore. rewiped and reinstalled rom see if that fixes it.

any other suggestions in case it doesn't ? sns, f secure and car home are gone. and there is nothing wrong with the sd card (for as far as i could tell (checked in 3 different phones))

Edit : 3 hours further still no reboot, I'll check again in the morning

Edited by eniux

Guest Tomasz Topa

Hi,

I've tried baking FR16, all FR17RCs and now FR17 final, MCK+64MB, "Battery Full" default, silent camcorder, speed tweak, no vanilla themes selected and a dozen different combinations. I had black clocks etc, but I could fix them using different ingredients.

But I still have a weird problem with the notifications bar - It's laggy when I try pulling it down and I can't hide it / pull it back. It gets stuck. I can see through the transparent notification bar the "expose" effect after pressing "Home" in LauncherPro, but there's no way to hide it.

Everything worked fine on prebaked FR15, but I hate the LG's SMS app and F-Secure, so I want to make my own bake :P

Anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Guest mmisep

Paul, can you please confirm if there is any problem with GPS on FR 17?... Or maybe is just some of us who have the problem locking...

Guest mirsadm
Hi,

I've tried baking FR16, all FR17RCs and now FR17 final, MCK+64MB, "Battery Full" default, silent camcorder, speed tweak, no vanilla themes selected and a dozen different combinations. I had black clocks etc, but I could fix them using different ingredients.

But I still have a weird problem with the notifications bar - It's laggy when I try pulling it down and I can't hide it / pull it back. It gets stuck. I can see through the transparent notification bar the "expose" effect after pressing "Home" in LauncherPro, but there's no way to hide it.

Everything worked fine on prebaked FR15, but I hate the LG's SMS app and F-Secure, so I want to make my own bake :rolleyes:

Anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I had this problem - you have to wipe everything and it'll go away :P