28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sorensiim
Does anybody know if there is a way to hide/disable the zoom controls in the browser? They're annoying as hell and on my custom bake the controls looks weird, like they only have partial graphics.

Also i don't know if anybody noticed but those music controls in the notification control can be disabled from the music player's settings. So no framework mods are needed to disable them.

Try Opera Mobile. I've always liked the stock browser, but Opera supports HW acceleration and it SCREAMS on the LG2X!! :D

Guest emprize
Try Opera Mobile. I've always liked the stock browser, but Opera supports HW acceleration and it SCREAMS on the LG2X!! :D

would u prefer opera mini or opera browser? whats the different of it?

Guest Sorensiim
would u prefer opera mini or opera browser? whats the different of it?

Opera mini = Optimized for smaller screens, had it on my Nokia's :D

Opera Mobile = The "full" mobile browser - Go with that one for the L2GX B)

Can you add to the rom kitchen CyanogensMod APN list? I do it in my port, it is better when your phone know, how to setup GPRS and MMS :-)

Put file into /system/etc folder :-)

apns_conf.xml

Edited by bckp

Guest gensplejs
I didn't quite know where to ask this and I am a complete noob, the LG Optimus 2x being my very first smartphone... so here goes!

I have the LG 2x version LG-SU660

Android Version 2.2.1

Baseband Version 1035.21_20110213

Kernel Version 2.6.32.9

Build number FRG83.star.20110213

Software Version LG-SU660-V10I

I bought the phone in Korea.

Can I still root the phone with what Paul posted? Or is this a completely different phone from T-mobile's G2x release? Many thanks in advance!

Yes... you can root using the standard method. but DO NOT INSTALL P990 ROMS.

The SU660 is 99% the same as the P990 but it has different hardware buttons. So the hardware buttons will not work if you use a p990 rom on an su660.

I am not really sure about the G2x. It is supposed to be a p990 with vanilla android. But who knows if LG makes some minor breaking hardware change....

Can you add to the rom kitchen CyanogensMod APN list? I do it in my port, it is better when your phone know, how to setup GPRS and MMS :-)

Put file into /system/etc folder :-)

Already in the next release! :D

P

Guys this is so stupid.... The music player controller can be disabled through the music player. just open the music player go to the settings and un check the First Option (Show notifications) Show the controller on the notification bar. (No hack needed for that) LOL! :D

Guest djmcnz
Guys this is so stupid.... The music player controller can be disabled through the music player. just open the music player go to the settings and un check the First Option (Show notifications) Show the controller on the notification bar. (No hack needed for that) LOL! :D

Your theory is perfect.

In theory.

Guest Korumera

Yes and when you freeze the music player or remove it, the notifcation bar is back B) so yes in theory your right ;)

Right now I have the stock rom Rooted. I removed the music player and yes the bar is back , but for me it is a good solution since I like the stock Music player.

Guest Formel-LMS

A little question. I'm using this rom now since yesterday and I found it sometimes really unresponsive.

I click on an Icon and wait for it to open.

Is this normal?

Stock rom was the same.

Now I have installed stock kernel.

Is there anything, I can do?

- But sometimes it is very quick.

Edited by Formel-LMS

A little question. I'm using this rom now since yesterday and I found it sometimes really unresponsive.

I click on an Icon and wait for it to open.

Is this normal?

Stock rom was the same.

Now I have installed stock kernel.

Is there anything, I can do?

What was your stock rom ver ?

this is what i have but no issues or waiting time...

LG-P990

Android ver 2.2.2

Baseband VER

1035.21_20110223

Kernel

Build number

FRG83G

LGE Ver

LGP990-V10a

Guest Korumera

I've installed a baked version with the r2 kernel, but i'm having some issues with serious battery drainage. I installed something with CWM and had 45% left, after reboot only 8% left.

Guest djmcnz
I've installed a baked version with the r2 kernel, but i'm having some issues with serious battery drainage. I installed something with CWM and had 45% left, after reboot only 8% left.

Give it 10 mins, it will auto-correct...

Next task - stock lockscreen I think and a stock theme, then I can packages a basically 'Vanilla' release (now i've fixed the stock Calendar app).

P

Guest Korumera
Give it 10 mins, it will auto-correct...

lol :D indeed. Oh well it works again

@paul

Thanks ! B) i'll test it right away.

Edited by Korumera

Guest Sorensiim
4 Apr Fr5
  • Multitouch Fix
  • SD card speed fix
  • Clock size fix
  • Optional Google calendar
  • MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) r5
  • CyanogenMod APN list

Next task - stock lockscreen I think and a stock theme, then I can packages a basically 'Vanilla' release (now i've fixed the stock Calendar app).

P

Only one question: Coming from FR4 to FR5, will I need to wipe /data?

Baking now, will nandroid before flash, then post result :D

Only one question: Coming from FR4 to FR5, will I need to wipe /data?

Baking now, will nandroid before flash, then post result :D

No wipe...

P

Guest Sorensiim

Would it be possible to save user preferences in the kitchen? I'm checking & unchecking pretty much the same options every time I bake a new rom, having my preferred options saved would be cool :D

Guest Korumera
Would it be possible to save user preferences in the kitchen? I'm checking & unchecking pretty much the same options every time I bake a new rom, having my preferred options saved would be cool :D

that would be handy indeed. I'm doing the same thing over and over again, starting to feel like a job ;).

testing R5 on the moment so far so good B)