28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Homer314
So you baked without hidden menu and expect it to magically appear anyway?

As i wrote, "i installed it with the external package, posted on page #156".

Guest Tiketti
Hi, i flashed the fr18 b2 with the stock google launcher and w/o the hidden menu, installed with the external zip (page #156) but dialiang 1809#*990# nothing appear :P

Use LauncherPro (for this tip and also a general recommendation), long press on home screen: Add > Shortcut > Activities > com.lge.hiddenmenu > HiddenMenu.

Guest okdac

Hi Paul,

As we are never fed up with your cooking, do you have any ETA for our next dish to bake (FR19, who konws...)? :P

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Okdac

Guest Homer314
Use LauncherPro (for this tip and also a general recommendation), long press on home screen: Add > Shortcut > Activities > com.lge.hiddenmenu > HiddenMenu.

GPS Fixed, really really thank's

Guest Atomicman

Using now FR18b2 for some days and it works quite fine, but i found some bugs, which are not existing on older ROMs and also happen after full wipe & reflash:

- When opening browser and start a search with the search button, i always land only on google page, without showing any results.

- Some Apps won't install and give installation error "Installation on the USB storage or SD-card failed" one tested App "CPH Airport" or "Flightradar24" - working on older MCR ROM and same phone. (also when SD Card is mounted!)

- SD-Card disappears very often, and it works again after re-inserting SD-Card (Sandisk Mobile Ultra 16GB)

Edited by Atomicman

Guest maedox
As i wrote, "i installed it with the external package, posted on page #156".

Sorry, I misunderstood.

User a third party launcher or BetterCut to make a shortcut for it.

Guest alvari
Anyone else with this problem on the lock screen? Have had it since at least FR16. And did a full wipe between 17 and the 18 betas....

20110526074235.png

I've had that a couple times.. Not with the latest rom tho

Guest maedox
Using now FR18b2 for some days and it works quite fine, but i found some bugs, which are not existing on older ROMs and also happen after full wipe & reflash:

- When opening browser and start a search with the search button, i always land only on google page, without showing any results.

- Some Apps won't install and give installation error "Installation on the USB storage or SD-card failed" one tested App "CPH Airport" or "Flightradar24" - working on older MCR ROM and same phone. (also when SD Card is mounted!)

- SD-Card disappears very often, and it works again after re-inserting SD-Card (Sandisk Mobile Ultra 16GB)

1. I think it was verified that there is a browser issue when language is set to German.

2. Use an app like Market Access to force install location to Internal or it might be fixed with the next step.

3. Your sdcard might be damaged or needs a clean-up. Make a backup and format it.

Guest aaww
Had a reboot today, however this one was different to the rest...

I lost all of my app settings/data!! :rolleyes: :P

It's basically as if the internal database got completely corrupted. When the phone rebooted it asked me which Launcher I wanted, and that was followed by about 20 FC boxes as every app that was trying to start up crashed. Tried a restart but to no avail.

So good job I had updated to FR17 in the last week and had a nandroid backup I could restore. But I thought that FR17 didn't have the SQL hack applied by default and therefore should have been safe against this?

FWIW, I've also identified a repeatable pattern for my phone rebooting itself - it's when the wifi gets switched back on (automatically via Timeriffic in my case at 5PM) and if the phone is warm enough - like my pocket, warm car, etc. It pretty much does this every day now, and even gets in a boot loop sometimes until you force the screen to stay awake.

It is probably because of the SQL hack.

Guest Squide
1. I think it was verified that there is a browser issue when language is set to German.

2. Use an app like Market Access to force install location to Internal or it might be fixed with the next step.

3. Your sdcard might be damaged or needs a clean-up. Make a backup and format it.

the browser search problem also apply to Chinese language.

Guest Atomicman

Thanks, but i got no success

1. did not work in english :-(

2. did not work :-(

3. will try it later on

Guest withoutwings
It is probably because of the SQL hack.

But I thought that FR17 didn't have the SQL hack applied by default

I used the prebake.

Guest Paul
Hi Paul,

As we are never fed up with your cooking, do you have any ETA for our next dish to bake (FR19, who konws...)? :P

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Okdac

It's coming!

P

Guest aaww

I have been using my phone for more than 12 hours with WIFI always on (405 baseband) twitting (following Nvidia and Paul...) using skype,making phone calls with video, surfing and playing Angrybirds rio and N.O.V.A 2 HD and still have 20% battery left !

<EDIT>

One hour listening to music from my brand new and shiny Google Music account (got Invited today)

(installed the music app thanks to Paul's tip).

(I am on Fr18 Beta 2)

</EDIT>

Thank You so much Paul !

Edited by aaww

Guest Trym Hansen
Is anyone else experiencing random reboots on 18b2?

If that's just me, perhaps the time for summer cleaming has come!

I've had no reboots, but a few freezes. (MCKr14 kernel, but no OC or UV, as usual.) As soon as I discovered them I pulled the battery, which may have been a mistake.

Yesterday I was luckily busy talking to someone when the phone wouldn't turn on after sleep. I nervously fingerered the on-button again after 5 minutes, no response as expected. But then, after 10 minutes, the screen switched on when I pressed the button. The lock screen would not unlock however, nothing responded. So I let it sleep again, and what do you know, when trying again after yet another 5 minutes the phone reacted as if nothing had happened.

So the speculations that the phone isn't really frozen or dead may be right, it may just be in a loop at a too high priority, preventing it from doing anything else. Somehow mine got out of it. So the next time the phone appears unresponsive, give it some time. (It didn't get warm though, so there is probably another explanation for it.)

::Trym

------

On an unrelated note, I'm now testing a so far (24hrs) very stable ROM with the best batterylife I've seen yet, 10B build date 04.04. It uses practically no power when idle, and is just as fast.

To get it I had to install 10A via Smartflash, and then let the LG-tool update the phone.

------

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest maedox
I've had no reboots, but a few freezes. (MCKr14 kernel, but no OC or UV, as usual.) As soon as I discovered them I pulled the battery, which may have been a mistake.

Yesterday I was luckily busy talking to someone when the phone wouldn't turn on after sleep. I nervously fingerered the on-button again after 5 minutes, no response as expected. But then, after 10 minutes, the screen switched on when I pressed the button. The lock screen would not unlock however, nothing responded. So I let it sleep again, and what do you know, when trying again after yet another 5 minutes the phone reacted as if nothing had happened.

So the speculations that the phone isn't really frozen or dead may be right, it may just be in a loop at a too high priority, preventing it from doing anything else. Somehow mine got out of it. So the next time the phone appears unresponsive, give it some time.

------

On an unrelated note, I'm now testing a so far (24hrs) very stable ROM with the best batterylife I've seen yet, 10B build date 04.04. It uses practically no power when idle, and is just as fast.

To get it I had to install 10A via Smartflash, and then let the LG-tool update the phone.

------

You must have been lucky. My phone has locked up quite a few times, but I never cared to let it fix itself though. A couple of times the battery has been completely drained in the morning, and those times there is no way it could have happened without a huge bug somewhere. I went to bed having barely used the phone and leaving it at around 70 % battery. There is just no way it would be empty after 7-8 hours on standby in the situations it has happened in.

Guest Trym Hansen
Fixed an issue with some confused kitchen kernel options.

P

As long as you're fixing the kitchen, maybe you can fix this as well?: "This option includes the LatinIME stock input method. Do not exclude this AND Swype!."

As long as I've been a member there's never been a Swype option in the kitchen.

EDIT: Oh, and if you choose kernel r11, you get r10.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest djmcnz
Fixed an issue with some confused kitchen kernel options.

P

Sweet! :P

Likely to squash reboot bug?

Edited by djmcnz

Guest aaww
As long as you're fixing the kitchen, maybe you can fix this as well?: "This option includes the LatinIME stock input method. Do not exclude this AND Swype!."

As long as I've been a member there's never been a Swype option in the kitchen.

EDIT: Oh, and if you choose kernel r11, you get r10.

Yep you do get ver 10 of MCR instead of 11 i was wondering about that myself.

Guest SouNourS
Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs) installed to /system partition

This option disables the 'Battery Full' popup on the Stock style ROM (black bar).

Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (Vanilla Style ROMs) installed to /system partition

This option disables the 'Battery Full' popup on the Vanilla style ROM (grey bar).

How know what option I must choose ?

Guest aaww

Disable stock is for the stock theme, so if you don't select any other themes from the kitchen you should choose the stock, but if you chose Gingerbread standard (Vanilla) theme BETA then use the second one.

Guest Trym Hansen

Under "Vanilla Themes" there are two options - "Froyo standard" and "Gingerbread Standard".

If you have chosen none - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs)"

If you have chosen Gingerbread - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs)"

If you have chosen "Froyo standard" - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (Vanilla Style ROMs)"

EDIT: I seem to disagree with aaww. This is how I understand the options, they *are* confusing.

Edited by Trym Hansen