28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest aaww
You must have been lucky. My phone has locked up quite a few times, but I never cared to let it fix itself though. A couple of times the battery has been completely drained in the morning, and those times there is no way it could have happened without a huge bug somewhere. I went to bed having barely used the phone and leaving it at around 70 % battery. There is just no way it would be empty after 7-8 hours on standby in the situations it has happened in.

That is strange. Did you Wipe your phone after flashing Fr18 b2? what kernel and baseband do you use ?

are there any special apps that you are using?

If you want, you can nandroid your rom and send it to me to test it on my device.

send me the link in PM and i can check it out and maybe i can help.

I must say it is really strange since I had almost all the roms on my device from the very beginning and did experienced problems before but not since Fr16.

cheers

Guest Qwertymon
As long as you're fixing the kitchen, maybe you can fix this as well?: "This option includes the LatinIME stock input method. Do not exclude this AND Swype!."

As long as I've been a member there's never been a Swype option in the kitchen.

EDIT: Oh, and if you choose kernel r11, you get r10.

::Trym

IM fairly certain +members get swype

Guest SouNourS
Disable stock is for the stock theme, so if you don't select any other themes from the kitchen you should choose the stock, but if you chose Gingerbread standard (Vanilla) theme BETA then use the second one.

Under "Vanilla Themes" there are two options - "Froyo standard" and "Gingerbread Standard".

If you have chosen none - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs)"

If you have chosen Gingerbread - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs)"

If you have chosen "Froyo standard" - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (Vanilla Style ROMs)"

EDIT: I seem to disagree with aaww. This is how I understand the options, they *are* confusing.

oh, thank's.

Guest aaww
IM fairly certain +members get swype

Hi.

Plus member here. got no swype.

not in fr18 kitchen and also not in the Fr17.

I became a member since Paul got the 2x

Ever since I became Plus there was no swype in the kitchen.

Guest planeth

Hi.

I usually change the font on my ROM... When I baked fr18b2, "Fonts" wasn't there... I always check it in kitchen (of course, it's possible I made a mistake, and didn't check it this time, even though I doubt it.)

Anyway, when I noticed it was gone, I restored it from Titanium.... but it's still not there... Even after a reboot.

Can "Fonts" not be restored like that, or what went wrong? Is there a way to get it, without baking a new ROM?

Guest Kouwezakkie
Hi.

I usually change the font on my ROM... When I baked fr18b2, "Fonts" wasn't there... I always check it in kitchen (of course, it's possible I made a mistake, and didn't check it this time, even though I doubt it.)

Anyway, when I noticed it was gone, I restored it from Titanium.... but it's still not there... Even after a reboot.

Can "Fonts" not be restored like that, or what went wrong? Is there a way to get it, without baking a new ROM?

It's an LG application, and the apk file won't be backed up by Titanium -- that explains why it's not there. (Same with all other LG applications I tried to back up myself, only I had backed up the original system app folder beforehand, which saved the day). PM'd you a link, or you can search for the system app backup that undoubtedly posted *somewhere* in here.

EDIT: new keyboard typos (looked like I was a retard -- not that I'm not :P )

Edited by Kouwezakkie

Guest planeth
It's an LG application, and the apk file won't be backed up by Titanium -- that explains why it's not there. (Same with all other LG applications I tried to back up myself, only I had backed up the original system app folder beforehand, which saved the day). PM'd you a link, or you can search for the system app backup that undoubtedly posted *somewhere* in here.

EDIT: new keyboard typos (looked like I was a retard -- not that I'm not :rolleyes: )

Thanks for your reply.

Just want to clarify something... It IS there (in Titanium) I can easily find it and restore... And Titanium gives me no erros, just says it has been restored... Never experienced that before, system app or not.

Anyway, I will take a look at your link.. Hope I can get fonts back that way. Thanks :P

Guest Kouwezakkie
Thanks for your reply.

Just want to clarify something... It IS there (in Titanium) I can easily find it and restore... And Titanium gives me no erros, just says it has been restored... Never experienced that before, system app or not.

Anyway, I will take a look at your link.. Hope I can get fonts back that way. Thanks :P

Well, that's strange -- TB has never backed up any 'system apps' for me -- they do show up in the list (Email, widgets, SNS, etc.), but I've never had the option of restoring them (the restore button just doesn't show at all).

I hope the apk file installs cleanly and you get your Fonts application back that way.

Guest Paul
Under "Vanilla Themes" there are two options - "Froyo standard" and "Gingerbread Standard".

If you have chosen none - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs)"

If you have chosen Gingerbread - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs)"

If you have chosen "Froyo standard" - Select "Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (Vanilla Style ROMs)"

EDIT: I seem to disagree with aaww. This is how I understand the options, they *are* confusing.

Clarified the theme options and fixed the Swype typo. :P

P

Guest djmcnz
Hi.

Better fonts, easy install: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=994544

Guest frantic777

Guys,

After installing FR17 with any of kernerls my phone switches of just after showing LG logo... But it starting to boot if I install Eternity kernel (1.5c only, 2.3 and 2.2 are also bricks my phone). What is wrong with my phone? How to fix this?

Thanks!

Guest planeth
Well, that's strange -- TB has never backed up any 'system apps' for me -- they do show up in the list (Email, widgets, SNS, etc.), but I've never had the option of restoring them (the restore button just doesn't show at all).

I hope the apk file installs cleanly and you get your Fonts application back that way.

That's weird??

I have to ask... Do you have full version or free? Maybe it's a paid feature?

djmcnz: thanks, looks like that one has more fonts, I'll try :P

Guest eisdrachen

Hey Paul,

found a bug in FR18b2. The sync goes often away at gmail. Then I have to manually sync it in the app.

It would be very nice if you could recognize it!

Thanks.

Guest Paul

Just a heads up for people asking re: Eternity project kernel updates - the build included is already running against the latest available sourcecode.

P

Guest r3stless
Is anyone else experiencing random reboots on 18b2?

If that's just me, perhaps the time for summer cleaming has come!

It's not only you, had 2 reboots the last 2 nights, I was lucky Alarm Clock works without entering the PIN for the SIM.

Guest Kouwezakkie
That's weird??

I have to ask... Do you have full version or free? Maybe it's a paid feature?

djmcnz: thanks, looks like that one has more fonts, I'll try :P

Nope, Pro version (paid, that is).

Guest planeth
Nope, Pro version (paid, that is).

That's weird??

Anyway, I noticed something about my fonts... "Autokiller" shows fonts as an active proces... If I hold my finger on "fonts" and pick "switch to application" nothing happens.

Also, I used AndroExplorer to go to system/app and pressed "fonts.apk".. It said this is a system app, and asks if I'm sure I want to REPLACE it.. When I press yes, it says "application not installed".

I have not flashed any of the font-files you guys linked to yet.

If anyone can explain, please do :P

Guest brunoli
Hey Paul,

found a bug in FR18b2. The sync goes often away at gmail. Then I have to manually sync it in the app.

It would be very nice if you could recognize it!

Thanks.

idem for me

Guest djmcnz
That's weird??

Anyway, I noticed something about my fonts... "Autokiller" shows fonts as an active proces... If I hold my finger on "fonts" and pick "switch to application" nothing happens.

Also, I used AndroExplorer to go to system/app and pressed "fonts.apk".. It said this is a system app, and asks if I'm sure I want to REPLACE it.. When I press yes, it says "application not installed".

I have not flashed any of the font-files you guys linked to yet.

If anyone can explain, please do :P

lol - flash the one I linked to above and be done with it. Will take less than 2 mins.

Guest planeth
lol - flash the one I linked to above and be done with it. Will take less than 2 mins.

I'm just the type, who likes to know what's going on :P

Guest aaww

Hi Paul.

I have noticed a thing about Fr18 B2 that became a problem for me.

From time to time with no special reason the device doesn't sleep and doesn't lock the screen.

The light goes dark after 60 seconds (my setting for screen timeout) but it doesn't lock. if you touch it the lights come on and you can continue using it.

I have frozen most of my apps and using the LG luncher but still it randomly happens.

Hope you can fix that on the next release.

Please let me know if you need any logs.

thank you.