28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Involver
Li-ion batteries will always last longer if you use a lower mAh charger.

that means charging from USB (500mAh), the battery will last a little bit longer than charging from the wall (1000mAh), since the wall charger puts out twice as much mAh than a computer's USB port.

Well... charging Li-Ion cells is not as easy as NiCd cells, see this site Battery University for more info, especially the part about 'charge and run' which seems especially true for cell phone manufacturers...

Guest mould14

i try to bake fr18 b2 after wipe everything

but the problem is that i cannot choose traditional chinese as the preferred language..

actually, there is no this option for me, am i doing something wrong?

Edited by mould14

Guest DABB

Hi everybody,

I have one question again, do I really need a theme!?

Which theme is better, Froyo Grey standard or Gingerbread Black standard!?

How they look and how it looks without theme!?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

DABB

Guest gk141054

Just got the HDMI cable for my phone but can't seem to get it to work on my TV...

Anyone tell me how I get my screen replicated on my TV? I'm running FR17 if it makes a difference.

Cheers

Guest zippyioa
Just got the HDMI cable for my phone but can't seem to get it to work on my TV...

Anyone tell me how I get my screen replicated on my TV? I'm running FR17 if it makes a difference.

Cheers

Firstly, check you have it in the HDMI port of the phone, not the micro USB like I did last time :D

Also check your TV is set to the same HDMI you plugged it into on the TV

All you should need to do then is turn the phone on and it should connect - just did this with mine no problem

Have you set the phone to do auto resolution? Menu, settings, HDMI - Automatic Resolution

Does your TV do 1080p?

If its still not working try checking the cable elsewhere to check it works

Guest zippyioa
Just 720p mate... does that make a difference?

It shouldn't do if the HDMI on the phone is set to auto... you could change it to 720P and see if that works! :D

Guest Wovchik
Hi everybody,

I have one question again, do I really need a theme!?

Which theme is better, Froyo Grey standard or Gingerbread Black standard!?

How they look and how it looks without theme!?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

DABB

you can leave the LG Stock theme

Guest gk141054
It shouldn't do if the HDMI on the phone is set to auto... you could change it to 720P and see if that works! :D

Thanks mate, got it working now... the HDMI at the TV end wasn't quite pushed in properly....

Only problem now, the video plays great on the TV but the sound still plays from the phone speaker.... i thought HDMI carried sound too, so is there a setting I need to change to output sound as well as video?

Guest DABB

Thanks for your help Wovchik, but can you tell me where do I get the circle battery tool for mcr 4?

Or can I also use this tool!? I think its a newer one!?

android@modaco

Do you know that mod!?

Best regards

DABB

Edited by DABB

Guest Wovchik
Thanks for your help Wovchik, but can you tell me where do I get the circle battery tool for mcr 4?

android@modaco

Do you know that mod!?

Best regards

DABB

i would say yes but i didnĀ“t try this one.

Guest zippyioa
Thanks mate, got it working now... the HDMI at the TV end wasn't quite pushed in properly....

Only problem now, the video plays great on the TV but the sound still plays from the phone speaker.... i thought HDMI carried sound too, so is there a setting I need to change to output sound as well as video?

Glad you got video sorted :-)

You are right, the HDMI cable should carry sound too... mine does at least. I'm not aware of any settings to change that, but you could check the following:

Is the TVs sound turned up? (sounds very obvious, but worth checking)

Does sound work if you use a different HDMI port on the TV (hopefully you have more than one) - if it does work, your TV may have an option to disable sound for some inputs, check the settings for the one that didn't work.

Perhaps your cable/HDMI ports are faulty, can you try another cable, or try your cable on another TV?

Guest planeth

Still waiting for Gingerbread for my 02x, I tried to flash Cm7 (build 37+38).

When I flash it, nothing happens (still on MCR, in settings/about phone, nothing seems to have changed)

I have installed with Rom Manager, partitioned my sd card and wiped everything.

I have tried 3 times... There are no error messages, it just installs and reboots, and then I get a wiped Modaco.

Is it because I'm coming from MCR... If so, how do I fix it? I know some of you guys have tried both Modaco and CM7, so I hope someone can teach me the trick to do it.

Guest Qwertymon

When I flash it, nothing happens (still on MCR, in settings/about phone, nothing seems to have changed)

I have tried 3 times... There are no error messages, it just installs and reboots, and then I get a wiped Modaco.

Is it because I'm coming from MCR... If so, how do I fix it? I know some of you guys have tried both Modaco and CM7, so I hope someone can teach me the trick to do it.

I have no issues bouncing between the two myself, I just back up mcr, wipe data and install cm7, it black screens about 4 hours later and I go back to mcr

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen

Are you sure it is installing correctly? When using ROM manager there is the issue of internal versus external sd cards. Perhaps you should try a manual installation?

Guest Squide

Possibily there will not be any Gingerbread based MCR for O2X..

LG release it too late..

there will be tones of new devices to play with..

Guest brunoli

android@modaco

Do you know that mod!?

Best regards

DABB

no problem with Fr18 beta2 but you will loose toggle and music buttons. Otherwise perfect

Guest Elte Hupkes

Found a small bug in the Gingerbread keyboard in Fr18b2: the "<" character is displayed as its HTML-entity "&lt;" (and because of it you cannot use it). I rather need it though, so for now it's back to the LG-keyboard for me..

(BTW, to even get to the character choose the special characters button at the bottom left, and select Alt)

Edited by Elte Hupkes

Guest zippyioa
Possibily there will not be any Gingerbread based MCR for O2X..

LG release it too late..

there will be tones of new devices to play with..

I don't want to tempt fate, but Paul has always been great at bringing older devices up to their full potential. He has done so for many years, so I hope this doesnt change any time soon. Fingers crossed he will be giving our 2x's some gingerbread love when the time is right! :D

Edited by zippyioa

Guest Wovchik

it works fine here i think to thats its the problem of Rommanager

Guest djmcnz
I don't want to tempt fate, but Paul has always been great at bringing older devices up to their full potential. He has done so for many years, so I hope this doesnt change any time soon. Fingers crossed he will be giving our 2x's some gingerbread love when the time is right! :D

GB would be great but Paul needs to urgently fix the GPS and reboot problems introduced after Fr14. It's disappointing that these issues haven't been addressed already even if they don't affect everyone. The search for performance is admirable but shouldn't be at the expense of usability. In all fairness, two weeks is an extraordinarily long time to wait for such fixes when they're obvious regressions.

O2x Fr's have been worth waiting for in the past but CM is now progressing faster than MCR which may make checking this thread irrelevant in a week or so. I hope not.

Guest Paul

Quick heads up that i'm still here, i'm working on some MoDaCo site / kitchen updates at the moment which means I can't work on ROMs at the same time. :D

P

Guest DABB

android@modaco

Do you know that mod!?

Best regards

DABB

i would say yes but i didnĀ“t try this one.

Which one do you use and where can I find it!?

And first of all, how I implement it to my phone!?

Best regards

DABB