28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

How many different devices do you provide custom kitches for and HOW THE FRICK do you keep up with all the incoherent ramblings, demands, wishes and bug reports throughout the kitchen threads?

I'll go add a little something to my wishlist in post #4 :D

With difficulty, I have to commit to devices for a period of time and that upsets everyone else sadly... but to be honest I am most needed when devices are new and not opened up yet (I can do that, as you see!)

P

With difficulty, I have to commit to devices for a period of time and that upsets everyone else sadly... but to be honest I am most needed when devices are new and not opened up yet (I can do that, as you see!)

P

It is a bit sad that people are upset at you since you are doing an Excellent Job Paul.

It is impossible to expect from you to own all the phones and handle everything at the same time.

I suggest that if there is a specific device you like and had a high rating, tell the community to make donations so you can buy this specific device.

Obviously you cant split into 2 so I think that in the future you might ask for help from other developers and become bigger than XDA.

I will help gladly with what ever i can to keep this up since you are doing so much good.

Thank you.

Guest gensplejs

Its great that i can now add the stock vanilla calendar :-) But what about removing the LG calendar with the kitchen? (i have both now and don't see a kitchen option to remove LG version)

On that note. Is it safe to freez the LG calendar if i added the vanilla calendar?

And im really really looking forward to the stock lockscreen later today!!!

When the lockscreen is in we have close to stock 2.2.2 :-) I can live with that until i can get 2.3.3 and or CM7

Guys, i use Hebrew from time to time on the device and I noticed that it is OK when surfing the web but the Gmail app shows the text in reverse.. also could you or anyone else recommended a keyboard app that has many different languages supported ?

I use Swedish, Norwegian, Russian, Hebrew, Italian and some times German. Lg native keyboard doesn't have such a good support.

Thank you upfront.

Its great that i can now add the stock vanilla calendar :-) But what about removing the LG calendar with the kitchen? (i have both now and don't see a kitchen option to remove LG version)

On that note. Is it safe to freez the LG calendar if i added the vanilla calendar?

And im really really looking forward to the stock lockscreen later today!!!

When the lockscreen is in we have close to stock 2.2.2 :-) I can live with that until i can get 2.3.3 and or CM7

Well spotted, i'll add that in!

P

Guest Sorensiim
Guys, i use Hebrew from time to time on the device and I noticed that it is OK when surfing the web but the Gmail app shows the text in reverse.. also could you or anyone else recommended a keyboard app that has many different languages supported ?

I use Swedish, Norwegian, Russian, Hebrew, Italian and some times German. Lg native keyboard doesn't have such a good support.

Thank you upfront.

Add "Gingerbread Keyboard" in the kitchen, then add language packs from the market. For a bacon-chomping Dane like me, searching for "Danish LP for GK" in the market gives me the danish language pack. Once you've gotten the LP's you need, open the keyboard (start a new mail or something), hold down the "comma" key and go to options. Here you can tick off which languages you want. This is where it gets nice: After adding languages, you just slide your finger on the space button to scroll through the installed languages :D

Guest moonie17
Vanilla Edition anyone? :D

P

vanillaedition.jpg

Beast! soooooo looking forward to some vanilla goodness B)

Paul, ive noticed when using the stock Android launcer when pressing the capacitive search button it doesnt bring up the search box? Is this a known issue?

P.s cheers for the brilliant work! extrememly pleased with my new toy.

Guest gensplejs
It is a bit sad that people are upset at you since you are doing an Excellent Job Paul.

It is impossible to expect from you to own all the phones and handle everything at the same time.

I suggest that if there is a specific device you like and had a high rating, tell the community to make donations so you can buy this specific device.

Obviously you cant split into 2 so I think that in the future you might ask for help from other developers and become bigger than XDA.

I will help gladly with what ever i can to keep this up since you are doing so much good.

Thank you.

Sure.... if becomming big is his goal.

Unlocking devices (root + cwm) is something only few developers are really really good at. I see Paul as the "god mode guy" who gets the community going and then moves on to other phones where his help is needed.

I keep my phones for a relatively long time compared to Paul and others like him. (had my HTC Hero for 2 years and i installed a brand new CM7 builds on it only days before i got my o2x)

I don't expect MCR to be relevante for my o2x in a few months or maybe even a year. But i hope the o2x will have an active communety and maybe CM support so i can get shiny new android features long after Paul has moved on to phones that make my o2x look like a Nokia 3310.

Guest Sorensiim
Vanilla Edition anyone? :D

P

Either you *really* love keeping things original/vanilla or you just couldn't get your VW T2 mouse pad with right-hand steering.

Oh the phone looks nice too B)

Guest moonie17
Sure.... if becomming big is his goal.

Unlocking devices (root + cwm) is something only few developers are really really good at. I see Paul as the "god mode guy" who gets the community going and then moves on to other phones where his help is needed.

I keep my phones for a relatively long time compared to Paul and others like him. (had my HTC Hero for 2 years and i installed a brand new CM7 builds on it only days before i got my o2x)

I don't expect MCR to be relevante for my o2x in a few months or maybe even a year. But i hope the o2x will have an active communety and maybe CM support so i can get shiny new android features long after Paul has moved on to phones that make my o2x look like a Nokia 3310.

I had a Hero too :D loved it still gonna use it as a ROM flasher just for the crack.... CM7 has already been ported sucessfully there's still a few bugs but its a work in progress B)

Guest Sorensiim
Paul, ive noticed when using the stock Android launcer when pressing the capacitive search button it doesnt bring up the search box? Is this a known issue?

Don't un-check the "Quick search box" option :D

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest moonie17
Don't un-check the "Quick search" widget :D

Ahh i see!! thanks for the help B) wondered why it wasnt working lol gonna have to "bake" again! hopefully it will be vanilla flavoured ;)

Either you *really* love keeping things original/vanilla or you just couldn't get your VW T2 mouse pad with right-hand steering.

Oh the phone looks nice too :D

My T2 is left hand drive. B)

P

Guest poi2005

having a strange issue, my battery info shows that cell standby with 50% time without a signal.

But I do have the signal and its full bar, able to make call/received call.

anyone having the same problem?

Btw, I am charging atm.

Guest maxisma

Tip: If you are experiencing FCs after updating this ROM, your /data/data/<app> permissions are messed up. If you don't give a **** about security, simply run this command:

adb shell chmod -R 777 /data/data/

This gives every app access to every folder. Don't run this if you care much about your data. If you run this even though you do, at least be careful which apps you install.

Guest Sorensiim
My T2 is left hand drive. :D

P

In other news, local man Paul O'Brien was today declared "The Most Vanilla-loving Man in Great Britain". Crowds cheered, while frantically waving smartphones in the air for an unknown reason. This could very well be some sort of underground cult. Ice cream vendors at the scene reported very disappointing sales, as apparently none of the revelers were particularly interested in their frozen goods. All of the vendors mentioned "giggling nerds" asking for Frozen Youghurt, Gingerbread cookies and honeycombs, like they had some sort of very specific cravings. Police drug tested a vast number of people from the crowd but found no traces of substance abuse. Is the UK facing a mystic cult using hereto unknown drugs while using their smartphones to plan terrorist attacks? Stay tuned as we investigate...

In other news, local man Paul O'Brien was today declared "The Most Vanilla-loving Man in Great Britain". Crowds cheered, while frantically waving smartphones in the air for an unknown reason. This could very well be some sort of underground cult. Ice cream vendors at the scene reported very disappointing sales, as apparently none of the revelers were particularly interested in their frozen goods. All of the vendors mentioned "giggling nerds" asking for Frozen Youghurt, Gingerbread cookies and honeycombs, like they had some sort of very specific cravings. Police drug tested a vast number of people from the crowd but found no traces of substance abuse. Is the UK facing a mystic cult using hereto unknown drugs while using their smartphones to plan terrorist attacks? Stay tuned as we investigate...

lmao!

P

Add "Gingerbread Keyboard" in the kitchen, then add language packs from the market. For a bacon-chomping Dane like me, searching for "Danish LP for GK" in the market gives me the danish language pack. Once you've gotten the LP's you need, open the keyboard (start a new mail or something), hold down the "comma" key and go to options. Here you can tick off which languages you want. This is where it gets nice: After adding languages, you just slide your finger on the space button to scroll through the installed languages :D

Dammm, when I was backing i unchecked it. ill bake again

Thank you Sorensiim.

Guest moonie17

Paul, ive become quite attached to the LG status bar! will there be the possiblity for a Vanillaish experience but being able to keep the status bar?

Yes, of course, the kitchen will let you select which vanilla bits you want... basically you could deselect all the LG stuff and select all the Google stuff except the Vanilla theme. :D

P

Will there be gingerbread theme? I like vanilla system with one thing changed - theme gingerbread.

Yeah, I like that idea too, might do that too at some point. :D

P