28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jay_Snake
Paul, a new european firmware is released: LGP990AT-00-V10c-NEU-XXX-JUN-06-2011+0

And it plays MKV.

I can confirm it now, it does play MKV....Paul, get to work ;)

Hey all, this is amazing news!

I've blocked out all day tomorrow to work on Fr19, i'll download tonight and release Betas throughout tomorrrow. Good times! ;)

P

Guest Jay_Snake
Hey all, this is amazing news!

I've blocked out all day tomorrow to work on Fr19, i'll download tonight and release Betas throughout tomorrrow. Good times! ;)

P

Great news, Paul!

Just a heads up folks!

This new 10C firmware is still NOT the new firmware promised by LG to be released this week. Well, not officially that is! Therefore, I still expect a new firmware to be released this week with a version number greater than 10C.

Paul, is there any similarities between this new 10C firmware and the korean 10S firmware???

Grabbing it now anyhow, makes sense to give it the once over. Has anyone else tried playing MKV on it?

P

yes and it work

btw performance pack r4 give bootloop ( service.jar different maybe..)

Edited by ilos

OK.

Flashed to my device, kicking off the MCR optimiser scripts now.

I can confirm 100% that this ROM plays a [email protected] MKV, 1280x720 with AC-3 audio. Not 100% ultra smooth out of the box mind, but like the Korean update, it plays. ;)

P

OK.

Flashed to my device, kicking off the MCR optimiser scripts now.

I can confirm 100% that this ROM plays a [email protected] MKV, 1280x720 with AC-3 audio. Not 100% ultra smooth out of the box mind, but like the Korean update, it plays. ;)

P

still amazing considering the fact the hardware doesn't fully support it :-)

still amazing considering the fact the hardware doesn't fully support it :-)

I guess LG devs hasn't just been sitting around doing nothing as some people may think ;) Too bad the crash fix update isn't released yet though...

Guest Qwertymon
I guess LG devs hasn't just been sitting around doing nothing as some people may think ;) Too bad the crash fix update isn't released yet though...

I just wish they would hurry the badword up with gingerbread

I just wish they would hurry the badword up with gingerbread

I think the majority of users wouldn't even notice the difference between 2.2 and 2.3 if they didn't check in the settings. I don't feel any big difference between 2.2 and 2.3 exept the better battery life. I feel like everyone just want the latest version just to have the latest version.

Guest djpalmis
I feel like everyone just want the latest version just to have the latest version.

Ehm.. In general I do not agree with that sentences: My Grandmother was more open-minded..

But, specifically, that is wrong: Gingerbread is much more optimized.. And the MOST important thing, it has video gtalk..

Sorry if we want to use voice over gtalk.. and the frontal camera of O2X....

But even if i'm wrong, there is another LITTLE THING: I payed 500 € for a "Gingerbread ready phone".

Now I WANT IT!

But that was off topic.

Guest eisdrachen
Ehm.. In general I do not agree with that sentences: My Grandmother was more open-minded..

But, specifically, that is wrong: Gingerbread is much more optimized.. And the MOST important thing, it has video gtalk..

But even if i'm wrong, there is another LITTLE THING: I payed 500 € for a "Gingerbread ready phone".

Now I WANT IT!

But that was off topic.

If you want a GB-Phone then get it. In the specs from LG to the 2x stands Android 2.2.2., you bought it and you got it. What is your freakin' problem? Everytime I see your replies i read something about Gingerbread, you are very upset about it. But you still bought a Froyophone, so don't get lost in aggressiveness. Everyone wants Gingerbread, thats for sure. Get CM7 if you want it. Or wait for LG's Update. I got a Motorola Milestone (Droid in US) before my LG2x and that was horrible with updates. There is no consistence for Android-Updates, each manufacturer got his own tactics about that. If you want to better up your phone then mod it. Or buy an iPhone and your problems with update-politics are gone forever (but you don't got have the option to mod your phone like you want it). Sorry pal, but that must be said...

Guest mirsadm

Now I WANT IT!

But that was off topic.

No phone except the Nexus S has video GTalk (including the galaxy SII). Go to XDA and look at all the people having issues with battery life with GS2 on Gingerbread. The fact is Android phones in general aren't very "battery friendly". What is it that you can't do right now on Froyo?

Guest Husum182

Just to be sure - to use this rom with 0606RIL, I will need to upgrade to baseband 0606 beforehand, or have I misunderstood something ? wanna do things correctly ;)

Thanks for coming back and improving on our phone Paul!

Guest Altemir

Paul

Can you fix WiFi issues? It is:

1. disconnection after 5 minutes with sleep-mode on ASUS RT-N56U and some others access points

2. WiFi Error message after ~12-16 hours without using it