28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jon.m.knight
Just to be sure - to use this rom with 0606RIL, I will need to upgrade to baseband 0606 beforehand, or have I misunderstood something ? wanna do things correctly ;)

Thanks for coming back and improving on our phone Paul!

Also would like to know the answer.

Guest MeX_DK
LG STILL forcing ENG mode in this ROM. Stupid. Fixed.

P

So us that just "wants" the updated rom without getting MCR can just download the original rom and then apply your ENG mode disable patch?

So us that just "wants" the updated rom without getting MCR can just download the original rom and then apply your ENG mode disable patch?

I haven't looked to see if there's any other changes around that area compared to the previous version, so my previous patch isn't recommended. I'll create a new one in due course.

P

Where can I download it?

You can't, yet. I'll be uploading Beta 1 to a kitchen and then adding bits to bring it up to the same feature levels as Fr17 then releasing as a prebake.

P

Guest Cosmoskatten
You can't, yet. I'll be uploading Beta 1 to a kitchen and then adding bits to bring it up to the same feature levels as Fr17 then releasing as a prebake.

P

Sorry if this comes off as extremely impatient, but any idea when the kitchen will be up?

Guest Killer2X

So this ROM will be only available to paying customers? IMHO, it isn't a nice move to give away work based on free and open-source software (Android) for money..

Guest space79
So this ROM will be only available to paying customers? IMHO, it isn't a nice move to give away work based on free and open-source software (Android) for money..

Whats your Problem? Paul don't want Money from you!

Keep the Forum running, the Download Servers online etc. produces costs.... If you wanna have a benefit Membership you have to "do something for the COMMUNITY"... Nothing more....

PAUL FOR THE WIN!

Guest CopEater

read for what the users here pay, before you write nonsens.

Guest gensplejs

The rom will be out in a free prebaked version too as soon as it is not beta any more.

But the kitchen cooks custom roms for each user and servers + server hosting cost a lot of money. (this is not just simple storage)

Basically you pay to try out Pauls beta versions and customize your rom with the kitchen.

If you don't want to pay just use the LG original or the prebaked versions. (or one of the tons of modaco based roms on XDA)

Guest jon.m.knight

*rolleyes* .. hope you have a fire extinguisher handy ;-)

e: looks like people have beaten me to it already

Hoping someone can clear something up for me once and for all.. I've come from a HTC hero, so terminolgy is as I understand it.. can someone please correct me if I'm wrong..

Baseband - effectively the 'kernel' for external interfaces such as the wifi / 3g / phone ?

RIL - the library / 'dll' that sits in system\lib that effectively controls the baseband ?

Assume FR19 will ship with the 0606RIL.. therefore will only be of any benefit if I update my baseband to 0606 prior to FR19 with smartflash?

i.e If I do not update my baseband to 0606 I'll be using the 0606RIL with the 0405 baseband, which is essentially the same as using the 0405RIL & 0405 baseband?

Edited by jon.m.knight

Sorry if this comes off as extremely impatient, but any idea when the kitchen will be up?

This evening! Finishing off a few bits!

No, the development is taking place in a kitchen, when the ROM is ready it'll be available as a prebake.

P

Guest moler

Hi i have a big problem now , my phone is dead . I have made backup with recovery , and then i whent on flashing my new baked modaco rom , but i forgot to do a wipe of the phone so it would not start shifting between the lg logo screen and lg modaco screen , then i whent in to recovery mode and made a restore to my stock system, but now the phone stops at the lg loading screen ?? any help would be nice

Guest djmcnz
Hi i have a big problem now , my phone is dead . I have made backup with recovery , and then i whent on flashing my new baked modaco rom , but i forgot to do a wipe of the phone so it would not start shifting between the lg logo screen and lg modaco screen , then i whent in to recovery mode and made a restore to my stock system, but now the phone stops at the lg loading screen ?? any help would be nice

Try using the mount menu in CWM and mount and format each partition then restore your backup, might work.

Guest orlox

Open source can be free as in free ideas but not necessary as in free beer.

@jon.knight in my understanding you are correct.

Id say baseband=firmware for wifi 3g etc

Ril=drivers

I had many problems using an old baseband (i was one of the firsts whogot the 2x) and i had many problems with fr17 but almost all problems vaniced when i updated the baseband and having fr17

Guest Peterfdevries
*rolleyes* .. hope you have a fire extinguisher handy ;-)

e: looks like people have beaten me to it already

Hoping someone can clear something up for me once and for all.. I've come from a HTC hero, so terminolgy is as I understand it.. can someone please correct me if I'm wrong..

Baseband - effectively the 'kernel' for external interfaces such as the wifi / 3g / phone ?

RIL - the library / 'dll' that sits in system\lib that effectively controls the baseband ?

Assume FR19 will ship with the 0606RIL.. therefore will only be of any benefit if I update my baseband to 0606 prior to FR19 with smartflash?

i.e If I do not update my baseband to 0606 I'll be using the 0606RIL with the 0405 baseband, which is essentially the same as using the 0405RIL & 0405 baseband?

Than it doesn't help when I update the baseband without having the RIL since the RIL is the instructionset for the baseband? Or is updating the baseband always effective?