28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ph4nt0m
Do we have to update the baseband ? I can't as I dont have a windows pc !

If you are on MAC just install Parallels. I have installed XP (virtual machine) and flashed the phone without any problems. I don't know if VMware works too, if you are using Linux. I know Odin for Samsung doesn't (or at least didn't) work this way, but no problems with SmartFlash.

Just replicating the build around the servers and we're good to go.

Really feeling this is a better effort from LG... feels quick and smooth and i've a couple of optimisation tricks still to apply. Time will tell tho!

P

Beta 1 kitchen is up!

Remember this is a MANDATORY WIPE update, and if you're on a EXT4 ROM you MUST do the EXT3 rollback first (linked in the first post).

Beta 2 to follow tomorrow.

Finally, beware the 'Preloaded Applications' checkbox... it'll grow your download by about 450MB (it includes all the preloaded internal SD content!)

P

Guest sckank
Just replicating the build around the servers and we're good to go.

Really feeling this is a better effort from LG... feels quick and smooth and i've a couple of optimisation tricks still to apply. Time will tell tho!

P

Well, LG's gotten a lot of pepper for the ROM update's so I bet they really trying to land on the feet.

Hope both stability and performance is OK. ;)

Oh and thanx a lot!!!

Edited by sckank

Guest marra2
If you are on MAC just install Parallels. I have installed XP (virtual machine) and flashed the phone without any problems. I don't know if VMware works too, if you are using Linux. I know Odin for Samsung doesn't (or at least didn't) work this way, but no problems with SmartFlash.

Thanks downloading now ! ;)

Guest Jay_Snake

Great job, Paul. Just one question...where's the Google Lockscreen in the kitchen?

The lockscreen isn't kernel related, is it?

Edited by Jay_Snake

Obviously as a ground up rebuild there's a fair bit of work involved (and some interesting challenges as we don't have the new kernel source yet, which has considerable changes)... so keep it locked here to follow progress!

This is an initial hit, next task is to merge all that good stuff in. ;)

P

Guest moler
I guess you also might need to convert back from the EXT4 to EXT3 filesystem, which is used by the stock roms. There's a tool that can help: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...r-back-to-ext3/ (haven't tried it yet though)

that did not work ;) when i made my backup i called it lg stock rom but when chosing restore the file is named after the date i did it and then some numbers , but the phone loads a lot of things and says restore complete?

worst of all now i do not have any recovery option , so now i am realy stock , before i could get modaco to work , but now with no recovery , i do not know what to do

Edited by moler

Guest Vicdu81
Great job, Paul. Just one question...where's the Google Lockscreen in the kitchen?

The lockscreen is't kernel related, is it?

You can add the zip here in the kitchen ;)

EDIT : And it works on Fr19 Beta 1 :P (tested & approved)

Edited by Vicdu81

Guest Jay_Snake
You can add the zip here in the kitchen ;)

That's what I thought too. But to be sure I'm asking Paul. Maybe the lockscreen doesn't work with this rom and that's why he left it out? It could be, how unlikely it sounds...

And there's Pauls answer...thanks!

Edited by Jay_Snake

I left it out because i'm reimplementing everything and double checking everything as I do so. Hence multiple Betas and Beta 1 = starting point!

P

I left it out because i'm reimplementing everything and double checking everything as I do so. Hence multiple Betas and Beta 1 = starting point!

P

you can include :r1-sqlite-2x-unsigned.zip ;) ( performance pack not tested coz i previously get a bootloop ( on stock rom ) , probably due to service.jar )

tested by me and result as follow :

post-377855-1308168262_thumb.png

Edited by ilos