28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest moonie17
Yeah, I like that idea too, might do that too at some point. ;)

P

That will be niiiice! it will look identicle to my old Hero :D haha..... any timescale for Fr6? i hope its ready for me to bake when i get home from work B)

Guest gensplejs

Ehm FR5 Multitouch Fix does not seem to fix multitouch.

It still wont detect when i lift second finger if i hold first finger really really still.

Edit: Tested on FR5 with full whipe first. (i used the alt framework without music control from the kitchen if that makes any diff.)

Edit 2: I tested with

MultiTouch Tester https://market.android.com/details?id=com.t...e=search_result

and

Phone Tester https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m...e=search_result

The issue seems fixed with MultiTouch Tester but is still present with Phone Tester.... WTF.... I dont have that problem with HTC Hero and HTC Desire with phone tester so i dont think its the app.

Edited by gensplejs

Guest lukereeve

Waiting on FR6.

Without you Paul this device wouldn't be anywhere near as good to me. I'm liking the idea of losing that light blue text!

Guest Korumera

Works like a charm and i love the vanilla look! :D

1 small question is there a way to remove the carrier notification at the notification shade (i dont have to be reminded all the time i'm with t-mobile).

Guest Wovchik

Nice Work Paul.

i have one problem with the r5: The Mobile Contection ist not working right.

i have UMTS or i have no Connection its not going on 2G since R5 (maybe r4 too but r4 i installed today and saw u uplodet r5)

I come from Stock to r4 with full wipe to r5

Setings are GSM/WCDMA (auto...)

Any one else with this problem or any Idee how to fix it?

Guest gensplejs
Ehm FR5 Multitouch Fix does not seem to fix multitouch.

It still wont detect when i lift second finger if i hold first finger really really still.

Edit: Tested on FR5 with full whipe first. (i used the alt framework without music control from the kitchen if that makes any diff.)

Edit 2: I tested with

MultiTouch Tester https://market.android.com/details?id=com.t...e=search_result

and

Phone Tester https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m...e=search_result

The issue seems fixed with MultiTouch Tester but is still present with Phone Tester.... WTF.... I dont have that problem with HTC Hero and HTC Desire with phone tester so i dont think its the app.

Can anyone reproduce the MT issues i am having with phone tester?

Guest Korumera
Can anyone reproduce the MT issues i am having with phone tester?

tested and works fine here. Put 1 finger on the screen, then the second, i lift the second and i see the dot disappreaing.

edit: ok now it acts weird, i think this prorgram is bugged it's not the phone :D

Edited by Korumera

Guest gensplejs
If MT tester works but Phone Tester doesn't, surely it's a problem with the Phone Tester app?

P

Well... i was thinking the same but then i used phone tester on my old HTC Hero and HTC Desire and it works fine with both. So it is somehow specific to the o2x. And since the bug matches the one you just fixed in mt tester 100% i am not really sure what to think...

It does not matter much to me anyway. Just wanted to point out the issue.

Guest moonie17

Are you's on about the mutitouch test app? tried it just before got 10 touches :D couldnt get anymore coz no one at my work is as geeky as me B) ha

Guest Xoneso

Hi Paul.

Just a quick question.

Have you tried to edit any of the xml files in framework-res.apk?

I mean mostly the ones in the values folder.

Asking since when i tried to do that for the theme i'm porting i ended up with only the phone booting to the end of the LG animation where you don't even have access to logcat :D

Guest poi2005

My battery indicator is acting strange,

off and on the device few times ended up 2 different percentage,

e.g.

off and on 1st time shows 50%.

off and on 2nd time shows 6%

off and on 3rd time shows 50%

off and on 4th time shows 10%

strange behaviour. I do notice that every time after the phone was fully charged, I pull out the cable, then after 1minute it shows 97%~98% seems not normal to me, but it drop 2%~3% after 5~6 hours of idle which seems normal to me.

any idea why?

Thanks.

If I select the stock lock screen I can easily unlock it by pushing the menu button. I think this is a bug?

Not a bug per se, but I will disable that in the next release (it's a framework setting).

P

Guest wuthton

Is anybody else having trouble with Google‘s servers? I can't download from the Market or sign in to Talk, email works fine though.

Too early for me to point the finger at the Rom, timing could be coincidental. I've gone straight from stock to Fr6 with wipe.

Guest Wovchik

R5 Rom hangs while surf this forum already 2 times.

Only help is to remove the battery and power on again.

try now the R6 Release and do a full wipe again

Guest lukereeve
Is anybody else having trouble with Google‘s servers? I can't download from the Market or sign in to Talk, email works fine though.

Too early for me to point the finger at the Rom, timing could be coincidental. I've gone straight from stock to Fr6 with wipe.

My Market and everything work fine Wifi or 3g.

Another lock screen thing I've noticed is that the distance you need to slide the lock or silencer are too small for the screen. Almost unlocks by touch without needing to slide.

Future requests would be a Gingerbread theme of course + removal of the awful light blue text in the settings!

Am more than happy with FR6 though! Thanks again Paul

Guest Korumera

@Paul

Is it possible to remove the Carrier info @ notification shade like you see at the screenshot. I know it's somewhere in the framework.apk but i dont have a clue where to look.

post-860538-1301939069_thumb.png