28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest BatfinkUK1

Wow - thanks for the confirmation. Have you tried using the LG Email application? I tried it, but in one of the earlier FR releases, it kept on forgetting my Exchange account details, and it also annoyed me that it couldn't jump straight into my inbox, which just made it slower.

I have had both Google and LG's email app's forgetting my Exchange credentials ever since FR17? And it persists in 19. I have wiped,reinstalled etc but no joy ;)

Keep up the good work Paul. :P

Edited by BatfinkUK1

Guest Jay_Snake
Great news, Paul.

Some other things I;ve tested as well:

Battery Full Popup: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...ery-full-popup/ Working!

Disable USB sound: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056674 Working!

Just to let you know, Paul. The Battery Full Popup is resulting in a bootloop with beta 2. I'm gonna wait now till you write it in the FR19beta's. Guess that option will have to be rewrited.

I also noticed the gps.conf isn't there yet. So I'll share my version of it, it works great. I'm getting a fix within 30 seconds in my home. Outside it's almost instant.

gps_conf.zip

Edited by Jay_Snake

Guest Fajar EP

i'm making my own cwm patch based on fr19b2 patch file on previous page, looks good, compared than downloading full ROM again. To all of you that request something related with kernel, I think you should READ all the pages FIRST. Paul said there is something different with the kernel, and he can't use old kernel to this firmware, UNTIL LG release new kernel or OLD kernel somehow can be run on this new firmware, forget everything related with KERNEL changes.

Guest moler
Just get CWM 3.2.0.0 and there is no problems restoring anymore

How to i do that , when the phone is stock on lg loading screen? and the return to ext3 from ext4 file deleted my cwm so i have no custom recovery option.

there's one thing you can do: use nvflash or smartflash to flash stock rom. Again how to do this without the cmw recovery ?

thx for all replys

Edited by moler

Guest eisdrachen

The Stock Kernel with FR19b2 rocks. It's all very smooth and everything seems to be fine. Even Gmail is syncing again ;) I think it is okay til now, i hope that some more performancechanges and batterysavings will come. Thanks Paul for your very good work, i'm looking forward to install more mcr! I hope you will not forget the LGOS-Community :P

Guest MeX_DK
How to i do that , when the phone is stock on lg loading screen? and the return to ext3 from ext4 file deleted my cwm so i have no custom recovery option.

there's one thing you can do: use nvflash or smartflash to flash stock rom. Again how to do this without the cmw recovery ?

thx for all replys

Nvflash doesn't require custom recovery. nvflash your phone,install cwm 3.2.0.0 (you can get it from android.tehtdk.info or xda. Its for LG O2x only.)

and then you can flash FB 19 and restore your nandroid backup.

Guest AnonymousPengiun

Just installed the firmware - it's impressively fluid. The phone still dies occasionally while charging from the wall socket, but I guess every optimus 2x owner kind of has to learn to live with that...

Guest Damaelyon

Working all the day with beta 2 and almost everything seems stable and extremely fluid. Congratulation.

I don't know if it is the new baseband but twice in the day, I had no sound during a phone call.

Yay - thanks ;). Gives me something to do over the weekend.

At the risk of not having RTFM, is a wipe required to go from B1 to B2?

No wipe required from Fr19 Beta to Fr19 Beta.

P

Paul, I can confirm this but it's not a special issue of FR19. Usually I have ~48 hours battery life with FR17, WLAN nonstop, surfing, mailing etc.

Google's email app (*) starts behaving badly after some time. It keeps syncing while the device should be in sleep mode (even in airplane mode). If you delete and readd existing email accounts it works for a couple of hours/days, then it starts all over. You can follow it in the detailed battery protcol. Battery life is reduced by over 30% with this issue or even more.

Maybe this issue can be the cause of battery drain for many other devices?

/Edit

Just found these links:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/andr...a2160&hl=en

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15803

* I'd be using K9 but K9 has issues with Exchange server and I like a unified inbox.

I'll check it out...

P

Hi Paul,

1st of all, thanks for the great work!

I'm coming from Fr18b2 and had vpnc widget running so far (VPN client with XAUTH). In Fr19b2 no TUN device can be found. Are there drivers missing, can you implement them again?

Thanks

Jenne

Not until we get the kernel source update for Euro or Korea I think sadly...

P

Just to let you know, Paul. The Battery Full Popup is resulting in a bootloop with beta 2. I'm gonna wait now till you write it in the FR19beta's. Guess that option will have to be rewrited.

I also noticed the gps.conf isn't there yet. So I'll share my version of it, it works great. I'm getting a fix within 30 seconds in my home. Outside it's almost instant.

You should get good GPS performance as it is with no gps.conf file.

P

Guest myfluxi
I'll check it out...

P

This was intended neither as request nor as bug report. I was just confirming the user's observation.

I think I found the solution myself rather quick after posting the links and flipping through the settings. Activating Exchange sync in account settings seems to do the trick (turned it off before with the intention to save battery...funny, eh). Now Google's email app seems to behave nicely.

Just wanted to report back though. Good luck with the new firmware, Paul. Amazing job, mate!

post-896928-1308246324_thumb.png

Edited by myfluxi

Guest gensplejs

I get lock within 10 seconds at the office and at home. Outside i get lock within 5-6 seconds.... without any gps conf.

Not sure why CM is so bad at getting lock or why my gps sports tracker (endomondo) looses signal after about 10 minutes when using CM...

For now ill just stick with mcr until cm gets gps fixed.

Guest Ph4nt0m
I get lock within 10 seconds at the office and at home. Outside i get lock within 5-6 seconds.... without any gps conf.

Not sure why CM is so bad at getting lock or why my gps sports tracker (endomondo) looses signal after about 10 minutes when using CM...

For now ill just stick with mcr until cm gets gps fixed.

I get lock in max 10 seconds too, but today I tried Runtastic and GPS stopped working after 500 meters. Never happened before. Don't know why but I am sure it is not because the phone couldn't "see" satelites.

Edited by Ph4nt0m

Guest Boergen
Lost 20% since 8:30AM with 3g always on!!!

Depending on what timezone you're in... that could be very much or nothing at all.. ;)

Guest colhicks
Not until we get the kernel source update for Euro or Korea I think sadly...

P

What a pitty. Do aynone have any contacts to LG? When will they release the kernel-source?

All news here for Fr19 sound very promissing, but without tun.ko there is no openvpn, and without openvpn I have to wait ;((

I hope they will release it fast...

Paul keep on with your great work.

colhicks