28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ODIN679

Hmmmm.... Did anyone see Paul running to your cell phone when you did this last update? I mean he must have came to my house to place a new battery on my cell phone.... It lasts 2 days with 3g and sync always on.....

Guest jambezuk
Hmmmm.... Did anyone see Paul running to your cell phone when you did this last update? I mean he must have came to my house to place a new battery on my cell phone.... It lasts 2 days with 3g and sync always on.....

do you recommend updating with the front door unlocked?

Guest JanOwe

I really cann`t get the rom to work. I`m now with 0606 BB and stock rom. My steps are : reboot into recovery, wipe/factory reset, wipe data, wipe dalvik, then install zip from sd card > choose zip and everything is fine. The rom installs without error messages. The phone boots, and the blue/white line under LG logo shines for 3-4 sec and there is nothing more. I`m stucked @ LG logo for about 20 min. Should I wait more, or i`m doing anything wrong. Any help, pls.

I hope my very bad english is understandable. Thanks!

Guest Jay_Snake
I really cann`t get the rom to work. I`m now with 0606 BB and stock rom. My steps are : reboot into recovery, wipe/factory reset, wipe data, wipe dalvik, then install zip from sd card > choose zip and everything is fine. The rom installs without error messages. The phone boots, and the blue/white line under LG logo shines for 3-4 sec and there is nothing more. I`m stucked @ LG logo for about 20 min. Should I wait more, or i`m doing anything wrong. Any help, pls.

Did you convert to EXT3?

Guest moler
Nvflash to get your phone to stock. and then you can install cwm 3.2.0.0 and restore the backup that you could not restore before

I have now used nvflash and get the test result as in the guide , but when trying to start my phone it still get stock on lg loading screen.

Guest JanOwe

I think i`m on ext3 with the stock rom with stock kernel. I just checked it /data is ext3, /system ext2. Should i use "back to ext3" tool in this situation, when i`m not with ext4.

Edited by JanOwe

Guest zippyioa
I'm working through the tracker - http://android.modaco.com/index.php?autoco...p;showproject=3 - a bunch of stuff is fixed in Fr19 (Navizon / Plants with Zombies bug for instance).

P

Your are brilliant Paul, thank you so much for taking the time to do this!!! ;)

(also thanks for pointing out the new version of navizon on Twitter, it is SO much better than the old one!)

Guest jon.m.knight
I think i`m on ext3 with the stock rom with stock kernel. I just checked it /data is ext3, /system ext2. Should i use "back to ext3" tool in this situation, when i`m not with ext4.

You shouldn't have had any issues flashing from stock as, as you've identified stock is already ext3.

Haven't tried fr19 myself, but the issue you've reported (lg loading bar hang) is indicitive of a partition structure miss-match. I've had to convert to ext3 previously to get past this error; at the end of the day it's not going to leave you in a worse position than you are at the minute...

I'm wondering if anyone else has flashed straight from stock and is encountering the same issue? I know you said that CWM reported sucess, but assume you've md5'ed the baked ROM?

Guest muckie

@SnowmanDK what hast pimp my cpu to do with installing the rom? I think 2x1ghz is enough to install. By the way i only see more points in benchmarks @2x1,4, i cant feel a diffirenz by working in browser,tipping messages, play games and so on.

Guest Jay_Snake
Seems like the "dialer" sucks out the battery again. checked partial wake usage, on fr18b2 it was way lower

Even though battery life is great with FR19, I agree with you about the dialer sucking the battery again. Check my screen capture. The "kiezer" (witch is Dutch for dailer) is back at the top of the list @ partial wake usage.

If we could get it to the level of BR17/18 the battery would last even longer.

post-802141-1308315662_thumb.png

Guest JanOwe
at the end of the day it's not going to leave you in a worse position than you are at the minute...

I'm wondering if anyone else has flashed straight from stock and is encountering the same issue? I know you said that CWM reported sucess, but assume you've md5'ed the baked ROM?

I baked 2 roms, md5 is correct, nandrestore of the stock rom works fine.

Beta 3 is online!

P

Changelog

Jun 17 Beta 3

• Added 'remove battery full alert' options
  • Fixed incorrect '<' character in Gingerbread keyboard
  • Updated Maps app
  • Updated Amazon Appstore app
  • Updated Google Music app

Guest Jay_Snake

Paul, Button Backlight Alert isn't supported anymore in Beta 3. The buttons don't light up after a missed call or sms and the app itself says it's not supported.

Guest Jay_Snake
Ah, oops, noted, i'll fix that for Beta 4, apologies.

P

Thnx! Beta 4 is due tomorrow?

Edited by Jay_Snake

Guest Jay_Snake
Not over the weekend i'm afraid. BBA will still work as long as you don't select the 'remove battery full popup' option.

P

Ok, thnx for letting me know. Then I'll make a Beta 3 without the popup option

anybody tried running a custom kernel on FR19, or is it a no go at the moment ?!

well, we won't know what they have improved since the new kernel has fixed since it ia not open source yet so potentially you are undoing parts that make mcr fr19 to what it currently is.

Guest 75markus
well, we won't know what they have improved since the new kernel has fixed since it ia not open source yet so potentially you are undoing parts that make mcr fr19 to what it currently is.

thx, i know that kernel source isn´t open yet, i just would like to know if it would work or somebody tried yet ...

i would like to have the possibility to OC/UV, and with custom kernel we could run this ROM on ext4 perhaps ...

edit : i think i´ll cook ROM and try out ;-)

Edited by 75markus

Guest 75markus

Paul, your update script of FR19 contains following lines:

#ui_print("Converting to / Checking EXT4");

#run_program("/sbin/tune2fs", "-O", "extents,uninit_bg,dir_index", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8");

#run_program("/sbin/e2fsck", "-p", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8");

#run_program("/sbin/tune2fs", "-O", "extents,uninit_bg,dir_index", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8");

#run_program("/sbin/e2fsck", "-p", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8");

#run_program("/sbin/tune2fs", "-O", "extents,uninit_bg,dir_index", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1");

#run_program("/sbin/e2fsck", "-p", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1");

#run_program("/sbin/tune2fs", "-O", "extents,uninit_bg,dir_index", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1");

#run_program("/sbin/e2fsck", "-p", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1");

it´s converting to ext4 ????

is that correct ?

edit : sorry, i have seen you added # before, so it´s not executed, all right ;)

Edited by 75markus

Guest seamonkey420

just got my G2x today! and first thing i do? root and put on a recovery image and then an MCR rom! ;) renewed my ad-free membership just for the kitchen.

thanks paul for your hardwork, can't wait to see how she looks :P

Guest 75markus

got the same problem, coming from FR18b2 ...

used back to ext3 script before, did a complete wipe ...

simply not booting , why ?

Edited by 75markus

Guest CopEater
got the same problem, coming from FR18b2 ...

used back to ext3 script before, did a complete wipe ...

simply not booting , why ?

i´ve the same problem. ;)

also come from 18b2, back to ext3, wiped, ....