28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 75markus
Would still have to redo most of my settings again, which is a tad annoying. But guess I will have to think it over.

i use mybackuppro, it restores almost all settings & apps ...

launcherpro can also save +restore homescreen settings...

not much work needed anymore, just set up wifi password, google acount, wallpaper and some minor stuff again ...

you will be happy with a fresh install from the scratch !

Edited by 75markus

Guest Trym Hansen
Would still have to redo most of my settings again, which is a tad annoying. But guess I will have to think it over.

Actually, no. TB should restore almost all of the settings as well. The only thing I consistently have to do is to re-enable synching of accounts.

::Trym

Beta 4 tomorrow will add the Froyo stock / Gingerbread themes and fix the BBA compatability, then this topic will be merged with the Fr18 topic to become the official Beta.

Have some performance optimisations to do and i'm hoping we get the updated kernel source soon.

I also have a new baseband leak from LG that is as-yet unseen... :)

P

Guest 75markus
Beta 4 tomorrow will add the Froyo stock / Gingerbread themes and fix the BBA compatability, then this topic will be merged with the Fr18 topic to become the official Beta.

Have some performance optimisations to do and i'm hoping we get the updated kernel source soon.

P

looking forward, hopefully you get the new kernel sources soon !

P

so far 0606 with the new baseband is really much smoother compared to the others, looking forward to the newer ones!

Guest gaz31
so far 0606 with the new baseband is really much smoother compared to the others, looking forward to the newer ones!

Its the opposite for me, finding 0606 to have poor call quality compared to 0502 from the LG U660 10S.

Hopefully the new baseband as a better call quality.

Its the opposite for me, finding 0606 to have poor call quality compared to 0502 from the LG U660 10S.

Hopefully the new baseband as a better call quality.

i wasn't talking about call quality but about the smoothness of the interface. for me battery life is much more important than audio quality atm :-)

Guest fifi139

hmmm.. just flashed fr18b, mck11. it seems everything is slower than before. I was using v10b stock rom. Now i don't know why but it's less responsive. any idea?

Guest nocomp

hi folks,

what a great news this rom :)

just few question before flash my lg:

- does hdmi output works?

- does fm radio works ?

- does BT audio works ?

-does video recording works?

and quite important, is it much faster than stock one?

thxx for your time

rv

Guest ben1th
hi folks,

what a great news this rom :)

just few question before flash my lg:

- does hdmi output works?

- does fm radio works ?

- does BT audio works ?

-does video recording works?

and quite important, is it much faster than stock one?

thxx for your time

rv

-hdmi works

-fm radio works

-bt audio and phone works (tested with sony car radio)

-video recording works (i use one of the camera hacks for better quality but this one here works good)

Guest nocomp
-hdmi works

-fm radio works

-bt audio and phone works (tested with sony car radio)

-video recording works (i use one of the camera hacks for better quality but this one here works good)

thxx ben, but you forgot to tell me if it s much faster :)

worth the change?

thxxx

Guest ben1th
thxx ben, but you forgot to tell me if it s much faster :)

worth the change?

thxxx

For me it was worth the change because the stock rom wasnt really stable for me. After many many reboots i decided to get a replace. I had the same problem with the replacement and so i decided to install a custom rom. After reading into it i had to decide between CM7 and Modaco. Because CM7 is 2.3 and there is no 2.3 from LG i took the Modaco rom. Paul put a lot of work into it and its way, way better than the stock one. More stable and after a battery stats wipe (best way choose "Battery Calibration" from "NéMa" and follow instructions) the battery last longer.

Well if its faster ... quadrant says yes ( i have choosen the sql fix) but i dont think it was slow before. I didnt select the LG stuff for my fr18 and i use Launcher Pro.

For me there is no way back to stock and i dont like LG because they seem to not really care about there software. I only bought the 2x because of the tegra chip what i (and probably many others) have been waiting years for. I hope the next Nexus will be a HTC and a Tegra3 but i dont think that will happen B)

If the 2x is to slow for you, u can overclock it and hit 4k in quadrant as i remember right.

So give it a try. For me it was worth it!

Guest fifi139
That's what Titanium backup is for. (Don't use the version included in MCR, install a fresh one from the market.)

::Trym

Why? what's wrong with MCR's TB? I noticed that there are several apps that MCR's TB couldn't restore. And some data are simply unrestoreable, eg. Angry birds progress all gone, opera's settings and bookmarks are gone. Is that what you mean?

EDIT: not sure whether this has something to do, but I freezed MCR's TB and install the one from market (newer version) and restore data only. All the game settings are baaaacckkkk... :)

Edited by fifi139

Guest fifi139
If the 2x is to slow for you, u can overclock it and hit 4k in quadrant as i remember right.

So give it a try. For me it was worth it!

hmm.. i think the slow problem i'm experiencing is because of reading/writing the card. I noticed after flashing fr18b2 my phone starts in a few seconds slower and it's a bit slow on reading the apps, eg. TB, or Manage apps. But this rom solved my hdmi problem, so it's a keeper. Also, it looks more stable. I can play around with Sygic, while listening to music, and opening up Opera. Which i couldn't do that because Sygic seemed to crashed.

Still, not sure why file reading/writing takes a toll. And it ran out of memory pretty quickly, hence the slow response.

Guest nocomp

hi,

thx for your answer, so it s not 2.3 but 2.2 then, dunno if i gonna flash it then.

any idea where i can download the beta2 version? can t find a link

thxxx

rv

Guest francarl77

waiting for beta4 and new baseband.... no problem with fr18b2, but again dialer issue (abnormal partial wake usage) with fr19b3 and baseband 606!! What a pity! fr19b3 is very smooth..

Guest Jay_Snake
waiting for beta4 and new baseband.... no problem with fr18b2, but again dialer issue (abnormal partial wake usage) with fr19b3 and baseband 606!! What a pity! fr19b3 is very smooth..

Yes, the dialer issue is back again. I posted a screenshot of it a few pages back. Maybe Paul can fix it again.