28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gensplejs
Is anybody else having trouble with Google‘s servers? I can't download from the Market or sign in to Talk, email works fine though.

Too early for me to point the finger at the Rom, timing could be coincidental. I've gone straight from stock to Fr6 with wipe.

Check date and time settings on your phone.

EDIT: maybe the bit about checking date and time should be put in first post by now.....

Edited by gensplejs

Just a heads up that i'll probably feature-lockdown this for a short while while I do performance tuning / boosting and look for the pesky 'browser freeze' issue.

My sources are working on getting Gingerbread early too... :D

As always, thanks for your support everyone that's signed up to a subscription or bought my market apps!

P

Guest Jolpool

Hi Paul, Anyway to flash your rom from the internal memory card? I haven't got an external one yet and i really want tp try your rom.

Guest Sorensiim
Just a heads up that i'll probably feature-lockdown this for a short while while I do performance tuning / boosting and look for the pesky 'browser freeze' issue.

As always, thanks for your support everyone that's signed up to a subscription or bought my market apps!

P

I'm already unchecking most of the boxes in the kitchen so feature freeze is fine by me. Gingerbread > More features, any day. A few trimmings and tweaks along the way will be fine too B)

Hi Paul, Anyway to flash your rom from the internal memory card? I haven't got an external one yet and i really want tp try your rom.

Hmmm, you might be able to do it if you're comfortable with adb?

P

Guest Jolpool

P

Yeah im not too bad with adb. Used it previously with my HTC desire.

Guest wuthton
Check date and time settings on your phone.

EDIT: maybe the bit about checking date and time should be put in first post by now.....

Many thanks but no luck I'm afraid . Tried network time and manual imput with reboots.

I've tried 3 bakes including default selections and still no Market downloads or Gtalk. Looks like a restore to backup for me.

Guest b3ndech0
Many thanks but no luck I'm afraid . Tried network time and manual imput with reboots.

I've tried 3 bakes including default selections and still no Market downloads or Gtalk. Looks like a restore to backup for me.

hei paul, good work thank you very much! I got one question left, i realy dont like the modaco bootlogo that much, how can i remove it?

thx!

Guest AlexandrKiev
If I select the stock lock screen I can easily unlock it by pushing the menu button. I think this is a bug?

I have a same problem

P.s.: read Paul comment about this

Edited by AlexandrKiev

Guest moonie17

Hi all,

Baked my custom rom earlier which had mainly Google apps and a few LG which were the calendar and alarm clock. Had to do to battery pulls dye to it freezing while trying to load web pages in dolphin mini whilst on 3g.

Any ideas?

Edit: right just read earlier posts .... sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by moonie17

Guest gensplejs

P

Great. Looking forward to a browser fix... and to GB.

Guest gensplejs
I have a same problem

P.s.: read Paul comment about this

Not a bug. Its a feature in vanilla android. (but can be turned off somewhere i think.....)

EDIT: ahhh. no... there is no visible option for menu unlock in vanilla. (i just remembered it from the CM7 settings)

But there is an option to turn it off somewhere deep down in that filthy green robots belly. (just dont remember how.... and i dont really care hehehe)

Edited by gensplejs

Guest sibbor

P

Here's a public spreadsheet containing benchmarks with a few usual benchmarks, running O2X with a couple of different ROMs.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap...dnJpMGxNQXZxeEE

P

I'd like to know how to do this. Don't want to rely on my small card ;-)

Guest ritdaw

Paul,

Just for info I haven't had the browser lockup on Fr6 as of yet.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, just had a lockup!

EDIT2: Also woke up to find it had frozen whilst on charge overnight!

Edited by ritdaw

Guest nサn_

So im in clockworkMod 3.0.1.4 and i have to install the zip file from my external SD. I copied the ROM file serveral times to the ext sd file so i know its there.... i did a factory reset (once before ti copied the rom and once after, no change), whipe from CWM and went to

"ïnstall zip from sdcard" - "choose zip from sdcard" .... and there's no rom only the maps DCIM, LGEmail, Lost.dir and clockworkmod. how can i install the rom then. Where is it :D

Guest Le_PoUnT

@nサn_

The file should normally be where you put it ... If you have a micro SD card reader, put your card inside to verify his location.

And in the future, put the files in the clockworkmod folder, it will be easier to remind itself.

Guest Formel-LMS

For all, who doesn't want to unlock the lockscreen via Menu Button.

Open your Explorer App with root rights (e.g. root explorer)

Browse to /data/local (NOT /system/data/local!) and look if there is a file called "enable_menu_key"

Delete this (or rename if you want) and you will be fine!

If there is not such a file: Sorry! :D

Guest moonie17

Right never got any browser freeze issues after reflashing, however my WiFi wasnt able to scan for networks so i rebooted and recieved a mass of force closes, every 2 minutes or so i would get the "phone" force close which would cause me to loose lignal and the radio reboot. Ended up doing a nand restore and alls fine now, just an FYI paul :D reverted back to Fr4 and alls good in the world.

Guest BrumBrum74

Great work paul.

But fr6 wont let me put LG weather/clock widget on the desktop. Says no room even if there's nothing else there. Same with LG calendar widget. Could it be because I removed LG email app?

Guest Wovchik
Great work paul.

But fr6 wont let me put LG weather/clock widget on the desktop. Says no room even if there's nothing else there. Same with LG calendar widget. Could it be because I removed LG email app?

i had the same problem with R6 just delete the widget and put new one from the LG widget menü then it fits on the screen :D

Edited by Wovchik

Guest BrumBrum74
i had the same problem with R6 just delete the widget and put new one from the LG widget menü then it fits on the screen :D

Don't work with the SE Arc Launcher.

Edit: And now my computer doesn't see my memcard properly so I can put new file to flash. Recovery sees it fine.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest sebsal

I just cant get the market to download anything no matter what I try. The market loads up but it wont start a download

It worked on the original ROM.