28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest goatee

Damnit, once I saw CM7 RC1 was out for the 2X, I downloaded it, and was about to install it, when I saw FR19 RC2 with major changes. Dilemmas what to install now!

Guest gin0v4
Damnit, once I saw CM7 RC1 was out for the 2X, I downloaded it, and was about to install it, when I saw FR19 RC2 with major changes. Dilemmas what to install now!

just try both but cm7 rc1 isnt stable and not that smooth...

Guest Ph4nt0m

I was on CM7 RC1 for a few days now but I am coming back to Fr19. I think Fr19 works better and it is much more stable.

Guest TheSacredSoul

I havent used FR for over 2 months now cos of the unholy dialer usage. Went over to CM and hadn't really had an issue. How's the battery with the latest RC2?

Guest pruimmann

yes it's looking good for me

only the quadrant score is 250 point lower(2753), but the phone is feeling very smooth:D

lol now its 3165(maybe the first was a bad run)

Edited by pruimmann

Guest tmirage
Looking good everyone? The 2X is finally feeling like a properly-baked (no pun intended) device for me now I think...

P

Will flash the corresponding RIL tonight but flashed the image already and made a backup. But it is looking good at this moment.

Guest AleFranz
Looking good everyone? The 2X is finally feeling like a properly-baked (no pun intended) device for me now I think...

P

When you prebake, do you mind to also share a link to download the silent camcorder modded apk... :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit: I suppose cifs module is not present... what about tun?

Edited by AleFranz

When you prebake, do you mind to also share a link to download the silent camcorder modded apk... :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit: I suppose cifs module is not present... what about tun?

Not until we get the new kernel source...

P

seems the car home is auto included..

No, there are 2 optional items, LG Car Home and Google Car Home. I just double checked the kitchen and it IS set up correctly for those items.

P

Guest goatee

Fair enough - I'll try RC2 first then :)

I was on CM7 RC1 for a few days now but I am coming back to Fr19. I think Fr19 works better and it is much more stable.

Guest Macheath

Yeah, I can confirm there is no longer an install lag!

But the g-sensor is now 5° off the right value (in every app). Where can I calibrate that (not every app has calibration)?

Guest Jay_Snake

Is it just me, or is Angry Birds not working with RC2?

All three variants force close on me :)

Edited by Jay_Snake

Paul: seems you missed my last message.

how hard would it be to add proper bluetooth HID support? (keyboard/mouse)

with the phone's HDMI-out capabilities this could be very useful.

and: could you perhaps in a future update of mcr add an option in the kitchen to lower the 15% battery warning to 5%?

this is quite a premature warning, especially for people with an extended battery who can still last an entire day with that much power left. (15% of an extended battery would be about the same amount of power remaining as a stock battery on 45%)

Both useful features... the battery warning should be pretty simple, not sure what's involved in the HID support.

P

Guest MeX_DK
Both useful features... the battery warning should be pretty simple, not sure what's involved in the HID support.

P

Kitchen DID NOT save my defaults :)

Guest Jay_Snake
Is it just me, or is Angry Birds not working with RC2?

All three variants force close on me :)

I reinstalled FR19RC2 and now they are working fine. Guess something got f*cked up during first installation

Guest AnonymousPengiun
Settings crash when I try to select Android keyboard settings in Language & keyboard settings.

Just baked rom.

same