28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest maini85

I'm generally suffering on classic ORD and there are one or two ROMs out there that i really would like to test. BUT since running RC1/2 I am the first time so really happy how everything just works fine on that phone that i couldn't bring myself to flash another Rom yet...!

Thanks a lot for your effort Paul!

Edited by maini85

Guest federicoc

Thanks Paul (& LG !) this ROM rocks!

Now I'm waiting for (all related to kernel source availability):

- CIFS module

- OC/UV

I have a question related to the Camera Mod on XDA:

Is it still usable with this ROM? Anyone?

Thx

F.

P.S.: I totally agree with your idea of adding GO apps in the kitchen, I'm using it and I do not have any additional concern using it respect to any other android app.

Edited by federicoc

Guest Diskbox

Hi

I'm currently on FR RC1 and want all the goodies of RC2 and the new baseband. Is this the correct efficient way to update:

1. Backup
  2. Install 622 baseband
  3. back-to-ext3
  4. wipe everything using CWM
  5. flash fr19rc2

Just checking as it's the first time I'll have updated from one FR release to another. :)

Diskbox

Guest goatee

If you're on FR19 RC1 then no need to go back to ext3 as it already is :). So, all you need to do, is backup, flash the new baseband, flash the new ROM, and you're done

Hi

I'm currently on FR RC1 and want all the goodies of RC2 and the new baseband. Is this the correct efficient way to update:

1. Backup
  2. Install 622 baseband
  3. back-to-ext3
  5. flash fr19rc2
Just checking as it's the first time I'll have updated from one FR release to another. :rolleyes:

Diskbox

Guest Froderikus
Hi

1. Backup
  2. Install 622 baseband
  3. back-to-ext3
  5. flash fr19rc2
Just checking as it's the first time I'll have updated from one FR release to another. :)

Diskbox

Hello,

if FR RC1 means FR19 RC1, your are allready on ext3.

So you can leave step 3 out. The rest seems OK. I did it that way -with no problem.

By the way, BIG THANKS to PAUL. Works really good.

I love it.

regards,

Frank

Thanks Paul (& LG !) this ROM rocks!

Now I'm waiting for (all related to kernel source availability):

- CIFS module

- OC/UV

I have a question related to the Camera Mod on XDA:

Is it still usable with this ROM? Anyone?

Thx

F.

P.S.: I totally agree with your idea of adding GO apps in the kitchen, I'm using it and I do not have any additional concern using it respect to any other android app.

Camera was slightly updated in 0622, but I imagine the existing mod will work fine.

P

Guest jon.m.knight

First impressions are this is a very decent ROM (paired with 622BB) , coming from an fr18b2 it seems so much snappier; unsure whether it's due to the ROM itself or the fact it's the first time I've done a full wipe in a while..

I too encountered the gingerbread theme / missing clock in systemtray 'bug' - would be good to see a kitchen enhancement whereby mutually exclusive settings are taken into account (i.e - select a GB theme and it displays options relevant to that only; disabling the froyo options).

Can confirm that the issue with SPB3D failing to launch on startup seems to be resolved - although Paul's study seemed to indicate it was an issue with SPBShell itself?

The version of Titanium that comes as part of the kitchen - is this not the MoDaCo complimentary 'pro' version for plus users? I was prompted to upgrade to pro.. not that it bothers me as I dropped my licensekey text file in anyway; just something I noticed..

Guest soundsk

Hmm... Not sure about 720p mkv's... are they supposed to work with system player? It says unsupported file type. Mobo Player plays it but a bit laggy... Did i do something wrong?

Cheers!

Guest Peterfdevries
Hallo, sorry 4 question, but when will prebake be ready?

You said something about this morning.

THX :)

Amen on that brother :rolleyes:

Paul, are you interested in the Dutch version of the update LG made (I'm not sure if it contains anything new)? If so, let me know, than I will rever back to stock, update it and post it somehow.

Can you please tell me, if you want that update, where I can find the needed files on my computer?

Hope I can help...

Guest Clone519

Hmmm can I do the following steps moving from Fr17 BB 502 to Fr19 BB622?

1. Nandroid backup

2. Flash BB

3. Full wipe

4. resore Fr17 Nandroid backup

5. Flash Fr19 MCK

Or do I have to backup all my apps and settings via Titanium and restore manually with a full wipe?

Guest Jay_Snake
Amen on that brother :)

Paul, are you interested in the Dutch version of the update LG made (I'm not sure if it contains anything new)? If so, let me know, than I will rever back to stock, update it and post it somehow.

Can you please tell me, if you want that update, where I can find the needed files on my computer?

Hope I can help...

Dutch version is the same rom of 622 which is already implemented in FR19

Guest Einsteinno1

Awesome ROM

only waiting for 2 things

1. OC/UV Kernel so we can play a little bit

2. The Clock at the rop right corner is black when not choosing any Theme and activating no Battery Popup

except that, AWESOME

Awesome ROM

only waiting for 2 things

1. OC/UV Kernel so we can play a little bit

2. The Clock at the rop right corner is black when not choosing any Theme and activating no Battery Popup

except that, AWESOME

You selected the wrong 'no battery popup' option then.

P