28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cosmicvibes

Many thanks Paul, this looks awesome. I've been holding off flashing from stock as I don't want to do it too often, looks like with have a stable release for now that will keep me going. So time to take the plunge I think.

Anyone have any thoughts on how many of the LG apps I can remove? II don't find them any better than the stock apps I had on my old phone. Apart from the caveats mentioned on the online kitchen listing, has anyone found any problems with leaving pretty much all of them out?

Guest fredmode01

Thanks for your time and efforts Paul !

Question about battery, guys.. should we wipe battery data and fix permissions after installing this Rom, before rebooting the phone ? I guess so, but better ask than not..

Guest jon.m.knight
Many thanks Paul, this looks awesome. I've been holding off flashing from stock as I don't want to do it too often, looks like with have a stable release for now that will keep me going. So time to take the plunge I think.

Anyone have any thoughts on how many of the LG apps I can remove? II don't find them any better than the stock apps I had on my old phone. Apart from the caveats mentioned on the online kitchen listing, has anyone found any problems with leaving pretty much all of them out?

I've taken all LG apps out and replaced with stock [bar their screenshot app]. No issues here.

Guest el liberator

Hello

Thank you, great job

I am currently in beta 3 FR19.

FR19 to install the final, I can do an update or I have to do a typical installation?

Guest baztardo
Hello

Thank you, great job

I am currently in beta 3 FR19.

FR19 to install the final, I can do an update or I have to do a typical installation?

just install it with cwm without a wipe.

Guest manthoR

Hello thx for the rom !

But the first boot seems extraordinary long no ?

Or is it crashed. I wait with the LG logo since 15 minutes now :)

Still waiting ? or do I need to reflash it ?

Guest chong01
Paul, is it possible to add an option to disable auto media scanning in the kitchen?

That should be possible I imagine... is it really necessary tho?

P

To me, it slowed down the phone for long periods while scanning on Fr18b2 (eg. while deleting even a single file in Astro file manager). But I just flashed Fr19, so will see how well that works here. :)

Guest baztardo

Hi Paul, is there any chance to remove the transparency of the notification bar in the kitchen? That would be nice!

thx for all that nice stuff you do for our phones! :)

Guest davey4444
Hello thx for the rom !

But the first boot seems extraordinary long no ?

Or is it crashed. I wait with the LG logo since 15 minutes now :)

Still waiting ? or do I need to reflash it ?

It should be much much faster than that. Did you convert to ext3 as that can cause those symptoms.

Guest manthoR
It should be much much faster than that. Did you convert to ext3 as that can cause those symptoms.

Well... miss the 3 lines of this EXT3 restore... :'(

And can't reboot on recovery :'( crash before

Guest baztardo

I would flash my device with nvflash like this: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...062-15-03-2011/

than install cwm and flash the new FR19. With a full wipe.

You´ll lose all your data and apps.

I´m not a pro but for me it worked like this.

Edited by baztardo

Guest jon.m.knight

Not too sure what you mean - you can get into recovery by holding down the power button & volume down key at the same time when you turn your phone on. It takes some time before recovery kicks in, so keep holding down those buttons :)

Revert to ext3 using the flashable zip (you'll probably have to put your SD card into a card reader to get the zip on seeing as you can't boot into a ROM)

Do a full wipe (just to be safe)

Flash FR19

e: if that fails then yeah, NVflash the stock ROM back, reroot and start from scratch; pain in the ass but may be your only option?

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest n3ro_p990

hi zusammen,

die neue 19er version startet leider nicht bei mir... das gerät friert nach dem start ein. also beim ladebalken :rolleyes:

zum test habe ich sogar schon ein full wipe gemacht und mir ein neues rom erstellt.

die beta 18 und die 17er laufen super!

jemand ne idee?

greetz

n3ro

the same in english :)

hi,

if i install the new fr19 the device doesnt boot.. it freeze..

the fr17 and fr18 works fine for me...

a full wipe and a new doenloaded rom make no difference.

has somebody an idea?

greetz

n3ro

Edited by n3ro_p990

Guest Rhysd2

had the same issue. updated the baseband file. restored my nandroided fr17 all was fine. installed fr19 phone is borked. just freezes on the lg screen with the blue load bar. wiped the phone and reflashed it. same problem.

Guest baztardo
hi zusammen,

die neue 19er version startet leider nicht bei mir... das gerät friert nach dem start ein. also beim ladebalken :rolleyes:

zum test habe ich sogar schon ein full wipe gemacht und mir ein neues rom erstellt.

die beta 18 und die 17er laufen super!

jemand ne idee?

greetz

n3ro

the same in english :)

hi,

if i install the new fr19 the device doesnt boot.. it freeze..

the fr17 and fr18 works fine for me...

a full wipe and a new doenloaded rom make no difference.

has somebody an idea?

greetz

n3ro

hier ein paar infos: read this: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...r-back-to-ext3/

und

and

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...35-21-20110622/

beides ist wichtig für fr19

both is important for fr19

Edited by baztardo