28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest aaww
Sorry if what i am going to ask is already answered but it isn't easy to read 220 pages..Today i flashed the baseband 622 and then i flashed the fr19..Firstly i tried the quadrant test right after i installed the rom and i took only 2700 points while i was expecting to get something like 3000 (i am with V10a firmware if this is a critical factor)..Then my other problem is that i have purchased the SPB 3D launcher and i don't like the google launcher,so i want to get rid of it but i can't uninstall it from the setting menu.Have you any idea of how i can delete it?

The low score is because you didn't use the SQL patch If you use the SQL patch you will get high score but it can cause data loss problems in your device.

To manage system applications use Titanium backup to remove them or freez them (make them go away but keep them backed up)

cheers

Guest aaww

I am testing Fr19 now. getting loads of force closes on LG Facebook and twitter app. Did cache wipe and still getting same results.

Also got one force close on angrybirds and Zombiebooth

Any ideas ?

Worse case i can keep using the Native facebook/twitter apps rather then LG's.

Guest pitywoman

wonder why i cant login using ms exchange?

email add as my email add.

user name as my username

password as password

how about domain field and server address field? how to fill in?

Guest Trym Hansen
wonder why i cant login using ms exchange?

email add as my email add.

user name as my username

password as password

how about domain field and server address field? how to fill in?

"Domain" can usually be left blank, the important field is the "Server address". You need to ask your exchange administrator for the correct address. (If you're impatient, try "mail." before the @ in your email address, as that's the most usual setup. In other words, if your e-mail is "[email protected]", try "mail.server.com". If that's not it, there's no point in trying to guess, call your admin and ask for the information.)

::Trym

Guest fifi139
I am testing Fr19 now. getting loads of force closes on LG Facebook and twitter app. Did cache wipe and still getting same results.

Any ideas ?

looks like u need to reinstall fr19 again. I just installed it and everything was smooth. It took me 2 hours including restoring all my apps and data and checking whether it's working or not. I notice, however, when there's problem in writing the system files, CWM doesn't give error report (correct me if i'm wrong). And becase of this, the phone becomes very unstable (force close).

I also notice a few apps that's experiencing FC, by uninstalling and installing them again, everything becomes smooth. Now my phone is much more stable. I'm not going to flash again. I'll use this ROM to wait for LG's fix/gingerbread.

Guest pitywoman
"Domain" can usually be left blank, the important field is the "Server address". You need to ask your exchange administrator for the correct address. (If you're impatient, try "mail." before the @ in your email address, as that's the most usual setup. In other words, if your e-mail is "[email protected]", try "mail.server.com". If that's not it, there's no point in trying to guess, call your admin and ask for the information.)

how about hotmail?

Guest Trym Hansen

Any ideas ?

Sounds like you're using a defective version of CWM, which there has been a lot of lately. (Defective wipe/format.)

Make sure you're using a functioning version, for instance version 4.0.0.2 or 3.2.0.1

Guest nikos92

So without SQL patch all of get something near 2700 in quadrant..and i want to delete completely the google launcher.Are you sure that the free version of titanium backup can do this job?

edit: @aaww Thank's man..worked like charm!!!!

Edited by nikos92

Guest aaww
So without SQL patch all of get something near 2700 in quadrant..and i want to delete completely the google launcher.Are you sure that the free version of titanium backup can do this job?

You are welcome

Guest aaww
Sounds like you're using a defective version of CWM, which there has been a lot of lately. (Defective wipe/format.)

Make sure you're using a functioning version, for instance version 4.0.0.2 or 3.2.0.1

I am using Pauls and it never let me down before.

Guest sangriaman

Just had a crash. It's been a long time since one of this.

Was using GPS and tune in radio. Received a call. After i hang up, the phone went dead.

Had to pull the battery.

FR19 BB622. First day ou use. :)

sangriaman

Guest Squide

if you do delete the google launcher, next time when you do a wipe via the phone setting would lead to a hang up on start with no launcher.

then you need to flash a ROM with the launcher again in order to get the phone work :)

Guest Squide
Just had a crash. It's been a long time since one of this.

Was using GPS and tune in radio. Received a call. After i hang up, the phone went dead.

Had to pull the battery.

FR19 BB622. First day ou use. :)

sangriaman

the baseband is not bug free I guess..

I did have similar battery pull situation.. while I was listening music via bluetooth and surfing web at the same time.

It happened since 0602 baseband..

mean while you could try to clear the data of every app that you think of it may related, and keep trying to see if any help.

try to find out is there any pattern would lead to the hangup and how can you reproduce the hangup...

Guest ciarpame

In Italy we are expecting a bugfix stock rom to be released in these days, a supposedly fix for the well known optimus 2x issues. The fix will is named v10c but I suppose is different from the one named like and already available and months ago.

Do someone know if FR19 is based on a leaked kernel containing the same fixes? I was unable to understand it by myself looking at the previous messages and to the changelog.

I just would like to flash a definitive solution to freezes, hangs, reboot and not to have to reflash a new patched release the next week.

Thanks for your help...

Guest wizard83
In Italy we are expecting a bugfix stock rom to be released in these days, a supposedly fix for the well known optimus 2x issues. The fix will is named v10c but I suppose is different from the one named like and already available and months ago.

Do someone know if FR19 is based on a leaked kernel containing the same fixes? I was unable to understand it by myself looking at the previous messages and to the changelog.

I just would like to flash a definitive solution to freezes, hangs, reboot and not to have to reflash a new patched release the next week.

Thanks for your help...

Yes, in the changelog Paul wrotes

Jun 29 Fr19 RC 2

Rebased with ALL changes from 0622 ROM

So it's based on the update that only some lucky guys downloaded. I'm downloading the prebake just now, hope it solves all freeze/reboot problems!

Guest imperticus

Has anyone managed to run a different kernel (EXT4) on this? or is there part of the ROM that won't allow that?

I tried converting to EXT4, and running a EXT4 based kernel.. doesn't work

Guest gin0v4

sry to annoy u paul but a friend of mine (he does not wants to use custom roms o0) loves your performance fix for stock roms and he asked me to ask u if the update for 622 is comin soon ^^

Guest nikos92
if you do delete the google launcher, next time when you do a wipe via the phone setting would lead to a hang up on start with no launcher.

then you need to flash a ROM with the launcher again in order to get the phone work :)

But why?I deleted the google launcher (kept backup) and then i installed the spb shell 3d launcher...So i now have 2 launchers,the original LG launcher and the spb.Do you think that i still have a problem or it's ok if it is needed to do a full wipe..?

Guys do you think that the fr19 or the bb 622 has a little more battery consumption than stock or it's my idea because since yesterday that i flashed the fr19 i haven't let the phone fom my hands?

Guest Trym Hansen
But why?I deleted the google launcher (kept backup) and then i installed the spb shell 3d launcher...So i now have 2 launchers,the original LG launcher and the spb.Do you think that i still have a problem or it's ok if it is needed to do a full wipe..?

A wipe deletes all information in the data-partition. The data-partition contains data for all your system programs *and* your user-installed programs and data. In other words, SPB would be deleted by a wipe as well. If there is no launcher present, you'll get into trouble. (However, as you say you've kept the LG Launcher, then you should be fine.)

There are ways around this, Titanium backup can "convert" a user app to a system app. (Move it from the data partition to the system partition.) This does not always work reliably though.

The smartest thing to do is to freeze the app instead of deleting it, that way it's still there after a wipe.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest fifi139

I need help. Just realized that after flashing MCD fr19 yesterday, I can't install any apps to SD. All apps that use SD have the same error message "Couldn't install to USB or SD". Even the apps that i only need updating show this message.

Please help.

thanks.

Guest iSlash75

in the rom the FR19, when you do a backup with CWM, after when you want to restore with CWM's work anymore, I try after allowing the Baseband0622, and after his crash was on the lg logo

Edited by iSlash75

Guest aaww

I am on Fr19 since yesterday. just did a full wipe and all is good now.

There seems to be a problem with the Angrybirds unlock app. it crashes.

Other than that all is good for me, very smooth and I also noticed a huge change with RAM usage.

The system is more efficient in releasing unused ram, also I have around 190-200 mb free as of the initial boot :)

I am using allot of apps that boot with the device such as the adfree and LBE guard (I don't use antivirus).

I also using the Launcher Pro Plus with 6 home screens and 3 docks, as well as 5 widgets (LG weather,LG calendar,facebook,flashlight,CPU/battery usage).

I am very happy, but will finally relax when I will have an os that can take advantage of the 2 cores :rolleyes: but for now I am happy.

Paul you are the Man !

Guest aaww
I need help. Just realized that after flashing MCD fr19 yesterday, I can't install any apps to SD. All apps that use SD have the same error message "Couldn't install to USB or SD". Even the apps that i only need updating show this message.

Please help.

thanks.

did you do a full wipe after flashing ?

You also might want to check the file system on your SD card and internal SD.

Guest fifi139
did you do a full wipe after flashing ?

You also might want to check the file system on your SD card and internal SD.

yes i wiped data/factory reset and cache. I came from fr18b2. So i changed ext4 to ext3 using r1-backtoext3_2x-unsigned. How do i check file system on SD card?