28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

I suggest reverting to your backup and trying again...

P

Paul it seems to me like the best solution is simply wipe and install the latest rom.

otherwise there are problems.

I was doing that each release and the issues I experienced where minimal.

Guest ezangrando
Now that the basic functionality is in place, here is my LG2X MCR wishlist - I know that some items are easier to implement than others :D

- Bring back the reboot option in the power off menu (I've missed that since I sold my Desire!)

And the reboot in recovery option too B)

Guest djmcnz
Fr7 is now online! B)

P

Changelog

5 Apr Fr7

• PERFORMANCE AUDIT CHANGES
  • /data/data permissions now checked on install

PAUUUUUL!

This phone runs like helllllll!!!

It feels like a quadcore, compared to Fr6 ;)

Thaaaaanks :D

Holy %*#@ yes.

Full wipe + Fr7 and it's a joke how fast this thing is. I've restored all my apps, not a single fc and can't replicate any stutter/lag whatsoever even with NFS and ABirds hogging all my ram.

Thanks Paul, I'll be re-subscribing when mine is up for sure.

Guest eric1241

Thanks for your hardwork! but can you please make the incoming / outgoing screen more better like Stock rom?? The LG one is very ugly!

Thank you very much

Guest djmcnz
weird my result with quadrant went down with from 2700 to 2500 with fr7, but still the phone seems faster

They're not really benchmark improvements. They're more app related. Try the 1400 kernel... 3485... lol, phones a bit hot.

Edited by djmcnz

Guest jackmu95

Hello everyone!

Everytime I have installed the Rom the Phone wont boot correctly. It boots until the MoDaCo Animation and the from the beginning. Than so one and one.

What´s my mistake. Please help ;-)

Guest sebsal

I still can't download anything from the Market :D

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Date/time is correct, tried clearing Market data. Google talk want connect to the server so that fix is out too

Guest djmcnz

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Date/time is correct, tried clearing Market data. Google talk want connect to the server so that fix is out too

Talk is your problem, it must connect for market to work. Are your settings all correct?

Guest wuthton

Same here I'm afraid. It is blistering quick though clearly Paul completely pwned LG.

Guest velle

Big thanks to you Paul, it works like a charm here, and blistering fast :D My first android, been a apple boy for some years, but quite happy that I made the swap B)

Guest TsunKit

*Cries*

I can't install the rom onto my phone. I really don't see what the problem is either, I have installed the Clockwork Recovery, put the ROM in _ExternalSD, but when I select apply update from sdcard it says no such file or directory.

I tried just leaving the ROM on the sdcard but that doesn't work either.

I've also tried 'install zip from sdcard' then apply but to no avail :D

I thought this would be easy since I've done this for my Hero and a Wildfire before but I can't do this >.<

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Formel-LMS

Paul,

I wanna say thank you very much.

Without you, I have thrown this silly thing away. It don't want to work for me.

So you came around the corner and release the fr7 Version. And what shall I say? It's already another phone. Now it flys, before it was crap!

Thanks Paul!!!

LG have to give you some money. I think without this, many users give their LG Phone back!

P.S.: I've made a full wipe and started from scratch. Updating has not worked for me.

Guest Meychi

My Fr7 install was not a huge success at first over Fr4. I still experienced some random stuttering and bugs here and there so i decided to try out the "stockish" kernel from Fr4 with Fr7.

Now my X2 is super smooth without any apparent bugs! I'll keep testing and post my detailed findings later here.

Edited by Meychi

Guest djmcnz
*Cries*

I can't install the rom onto my phone. I really don't see what the problem is either, I have installed the Clockwork Recovery, put the ROM in _ExternalSD, but when I select apply update from sdcard it says no such file or directory.

I tried just leaving the ROM on the sdcard but that doesn't work either.

I've also tried 'install zip from sdcard' then apply but to no avail :D

I thought this would be easy since I've done this for my Hero and a Wildfire before but I can't do this >.<

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

File must be in /sdcard/_ExternalSD/ and this will appear as /sdcard/ in recovery.

In recovery:

install zip from sdcard

choose zip from sdcard

If it says "E:Can't mount /sdcard":

Power off

Boot to recovery (VOL_DWN+PRW until buttons light up)

Try again

Repeat as necessary.

BTW, how did you boot to recovery when you got this msg, if that's the msg you got?

Edited by djmcnz

Hi Paul.

I baked the new rom and it works very good and fast as a daemon !

I do have an issue, i can access the keyboard settings.

Here is what i am doing step by step.

When I go to the settings menu and chose Language & keyboard then Gingerbread keyboard or Android keyboard i get an error.

"Sorry!"

"The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again.

Is it file system perditions problem ?

What should i do ?

thanks upfront.

File must be in /sdcard/_ExternalSD/ and this will appear as /sdcard/ in recovery.

In recovery:

install zip from sdcard

choose zip from sdcard

If it says "E:Can't mount /sdcard":

Power off

Boot to recovery (VOL_DWN+PRW until buttons light up)

Try again

Repeat as necessary.

BTW, how did you boot to recovery when you got this msg, if that's the msg you got?

See if the sd card is addressable via PC if not, Try and format your SD card (Make sure you have it backed upor atleast your backup rom on other device) and try again.