28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest velle
Hi Paul.

I baked the new rom and it works very good and fast as a daemon !

I do have an issue, i can access the keyboard settings.

Here is what i am doing step by step.

When I go to the settings menu and chose Language & keyboard then Gingerbread keyboard or Android keyboard i get an error.

"Sorry!"

"The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again.

Is it file system perditions problem ?

What should i do ?

thanks upfront.

Got that problem to, but had it on stuck firmware aswell, so i think it's something with the gingerbread keyboard. To get into gingerbread settings, open a program where you use the keyboard, when the gingerbread keyboard pops up, click on the botton second from bottom right (the botton besides key "?123"), that should open the options.

Edited by velle

Guest sebsal
Talk is your problem, it must connect for market to work. Are your settings all correct?

I think my settings are correct. I can connect to the Internet. I can connect to the Market it just wont start the downloads. Email works, everything else works brilliantly just not Market downloads

Got that problem to, but had it on stuck firmware aswell, so i think it's something with the gingerbread keyboard. To get into gingerbread settings, open a program where you use the keyboard, when the gingerbread keyboard pops up, click on the botton second from bottom right (the botton besides key "?123"), that should open the options.

Thanks that works of course.

i think the issue is strange since i did not have it before like you did. i guess i will try to digg and see what i can find...

I messed up a bit with this Bake that i did.

Ill bake again now and update if there are any visible issues.

Some complained about the market before.

Well i had an issue with it as well but i simply wiped out the cash and the phone and installed the zip from the SD and now it works just fine.

Guest amacrobie
I think my settings are correct. I can connect to the Internet. I can connect to the Market it just wont start the downloads. Email works, everything else works brilliantly just not Market downloads

Had EXACTLY same problem, did factory reset and manually set time - for some reason was convinced it was May ! Problem gone away, but most likely due to incorrect date imo as I'd done a reset from clockwork too, without success.

Guest TsunKit
File must be in /sdcard/_ExternalSD/ and this will appear as /sdcard/ in recovery.

In recovery:

install zip from sdcard

choose zip from sdcard

If it says "E:Can't mount /sdcard":

Power off

Boot to recovery (VOL_DWN+PRW until buttons light up)

Try again

Repeat as necessary.

BTW, how did you boot to recovery when you got this msg, if that's the msg you got?

I switched off my phone, then held volume down and power simultaneously.

I've checked to ensure that the zip is in /sdcard/_ExternalSD but it doesn't come up as an option when I go to choose zip from sdcard.

DCIM/, clockworkmod/ come up as an option however.

Guest hermanndj

i can't write Fr7 over Fr4...i do wipe chache anf format rest and try to install fr7 form sd card..i buy LG 2X Reboot from Market too but ..nothing...i install Fr7 but at the reboot nothing change...in settings Fr4 again..HELP MEEEE

Guest Gilg@mesh

I did FULL WIPE and flashed my own FR7 but can't find Flash Player in Market now.. Paul any ideas? time and date is correct, other have same problem. thanks

Edited by Gilg@mesh

Guest sebsal
Had EXACTLY same problem, did factory reset and manually set time - for some reason was convinced it was May ! Problem gone away, but most likely due to incorrect date imo as I'd done a reset from clockwork too, without success.

That was exactly it! It's was saying 5th may and for some reason my brain didn't register.

My last gripe with the phone now is it switches itself off every time I charge it and needs the battery removed in order to reboot. I think I might just have a faulty phone

Guest Schmew
That was exactly it! It's was saying 5th may and for some reason my brain didn't register.

My last gripe with the phone now is it switches itself off every time I charge it and needs the battery removed in order to reboot. I think I might just have a faulty phone

This is happening with me too, but only since ive updated with the Fr7, after a full wipe it gone back to normal.

I did FULL WIPE and flashed my own FR7 but can't find Flash Player in Market now.. Paul any ideas? time and date is correct, other have same problem. thanks

Just baked another Fr7 and checked the market. found 10.2 installed it and it works just fine.

I did cache wipe and System wipe and used the wizard to set up time and date to Update from network.

All is working well but i have to backe again since i have 2 music players and 2 galleries now :D must pay closer attention when i bake.

Guest djmcnz
HELP ME PLEASE

i can't overwrite ANY custom mod over the Fr4 anf i do everything correctly!!!1

In recovery choose:

mounts and storage

mount /system

format /system

Then install the rom.

If this doesn't work you'll have to restore from nandroid, your phone won't boot.

Guest djmcnz
I switched off my phone, then held volume down and power simultaneously.

I've checked to ensure that the zip is in /sdcard/_ExternalSD but it doesn't come up as an option when I go to choose zip from sdcard.

DCIM/, clockworkmod/ come up as an option however.

Format sd card in pc, try again.

Guest Formel-LMS

Paul

I don't think, that LG spend you some money.

So I did and git the MoDaCo Adfree. Thats because of your hard work. Thanks!

Guest beejizzle

Ive installed the fr6 from custom kitchen with full wipe and my market shows content but stays at starting download. I tried update to fr7 but still the same. I think it may have to do with gtalk not able to sign in. It just says it will try later. Any ideas?

Guest hermanndj
In recovery choose:

mounts and storage

mount /system

format /system

Then install the rom.

If this doesn't work you'll have to restore from nandroid, your phone won't boot.

phone wan't boot but i can't backup from nandroid...how can i do

Guest djmcnz
phone wan't boot but i can't backup from nandroid...how can i do

You need to explain yourself more carefully so we understand what you mean.

Use the key combination and boot into recovery, reflash the rom after following the steps above.

Guest tmirage

I keep having device lockups when using the browser and they happen very frequently. I already did a wipe and a cache clear and reinstalled fr7 afterwards but the lockups keep happening in thebrowser. Anyone else still having this issue or is it just me?

Edited by tmirage

Guest TsunKit
Format sd card in pc, try again.

cheers for all the help mate, I've finally got it working.

sd card was damaged and formatting it solved.

feel like I should buy you a beer :D

Guest sebsal
Ive installed the fr6 from custom kitchen with full wipe and my market shows content but stays at starting download. I tried update to fr7 but still the same. I think it may have to do with gtalk not able to sign in. It just says it will try later. Any ideas?

Check your date isn't set to May like mine was

Guest GroovyGrovesy

@hermanndj & TsunKit

Can I ask how you are moving the files to your external SD card?

Is it via a Windows pc or direct onto the Phone?

Are you going into the 5.5GB Internal SD card and then into the "_ExternalSD" folder instead of to the Other Removable Device shown in My Computer?

Groovy

Guest Gilg@mesh
Please do not exclude PCSync atm - there is an issue I need to fix there.

P

You mean LG's PCSync? what kind of issue is it? :D