28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest b3ndech0
Dumb question I'm sure but what does the "FR" in the version number stand for? Is this ROM still technically in Beta?

maybe could be final release.........

Guest Henrikmand
Thanks, quick question, do I rename the kitchen bake to update.zip and then place it on the external sd card in the root or do I place it on the internal?

No need to rename. Copy to root on ext. SD card, and "Choose zip" in clockwork. There you choose the new ROM, and run the update.

Guest SonniBoy86

Is it possible to get rid of the music player in the pulldown menu, when you haven't installed the LG music player?

EDIT: Found a system dump, extracted the music .apk, installed it, and was then able to remove it from the pull down menu.

Edited by SonniBoy86

Guest Betabox
No need to rename. Copy to root on ext. SD card, and "Choose zip" in clockwork. There you choose the new ROM, and run the update.

But will that reformat the partitions and therefore applications?

Guest moonie17
But will that reformat the partitions and therefore applications?

Well your applications should stay intact unless you do a wipe, not too sure on the partitions but i would have thought they would stay the same.

Guest Betabox
Well your applications should stay intact unless you do a wipe, not too sure on the partitions but i would have thought they would stay the same.

cheers moonie, did an upgrade worked fine, I think the only thing it does is an overwrite on system settings etc.

Guest jpbl1976

Has anyone flashed the Circular Battery Mod over FR10 then flashed FR11 (stock theme)? Mine now has a black time font against a black background.

Guest Pikette

Hey Paul, thank you for your work ! The FR11 release works perfect but I found a little translation error : I have my phone in French and in the font settings where the "Cancel" or "Annuler" button should be, it is written "odustani" which is Croatian for cancel...

Guest ralli1300
Has anyone flashed the Circular Battery Mod over FR10 then flashed FR11 (stock theme)? Mine now has a black time font against a black background.

Yes, works fine.

Guest Pikette

Here's the screenshot :

951ffa4fccda5769ab9141afe84ea.png

I didn't look while I was in the stock ROM so I don't know if I already had this problem.

Edited by Pikette

Guest Korumera

Ok i'm back to FR8, I dont know whats wrong but i'm getting alot of reboots with FR11. I did a wipe and a cache wipe but still reboots. Only thing i can think off is that Juice Defender is caucing problems. But for now i'm back to FR8 my phone was off for 2 hours before i noticed it.

Guest 1nf3rn0

Guys i ve got a problem.

I have just downloaded FR11, checked md5 but every time i try to flash from cw

i get:

Can't open path_to_fr11_update

(bad)

Installation aborted.

What can i do?

Guest pearpear

I am using v10A stock rom before, I find that the language "Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)" is missing in the language settings, it only has "Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)", therefore the browser and google search load the Taiwan sites instead of Hong Kong sites.

Is it possible to include "Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)" in the language settings too?

Guest MaliciousKen
My data connection gets disconencted frequently and will not reconnect automatically. However, the data arrows on the status bar are still flashing.

When this happens, I cannot receive any calls or sms. I simply lose the basic phone functionality and unknowingly became uncontactable.

I will need to restart the phone to get every thing back to normal. It is rather frustrating as I have to keep checking on my phone half-hourly.

The only way to avoid this is to use 2g mode only. I rely a lot on my HSPA data connection and would appreciate if anyone can provide some insights to the problem.

I am on MCR Fr 10, and baseband 1035.21_20110315

Hi Paul, would you be able to address this problem?

I am using v10A stock rom before, I find that the language "Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)" is missing in the language settings, it only has "Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)", therefore the browser and google search load the Taiwan sites instead of Hong Kong sites.

Is it possible to include "Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)" in the language settings too?

Quite possibly... in the interim install 'MoreLocales' from the Market to select the one you want! :)

Hi Paul, would you be able to address this problem?

Probably not, because I cannot replicate it...

P

Guest eric1241

Im sure pauls rom will block ads ! Cos when i use stock whatever i use dolphin or gun bros i can see the ads show, but when i use paul‘s rom ,it just show a loading icon! can someone help me??

Edited by eric1241

Guest Aricci

I have baked my own rom b4. The FR10.

now i want to update to FR11. Do i need to delete and wipe evereything than install fr11(from kitchen) or can i just update without losing my apps ?

if yes, what are the steps to do that exactly?

ty very much

Edited by Aricci