28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AlexandrKiev
Isnt it possible that the 2 programs just have a different way of calculating a end result? That would explain the huge differences in numbers.

I don't know how it can be but after those results i will make downgrade in my O2x to Fr4 and check again

By the way, AnTutu results on Fr4 and Fr8,9,10,11 was made on same programm with out any updates

Edited by AlexandrKiev

Guest djmcnz
Paul could you explain why on stock firmware AnTutu Benchmark shows aroud 3900 points when in Fr11 maximum 3300 with OC to 1.4 GHz? In Quadrant Standart ~2700 on standart V10b firmware

Stock FW

Your database I/O result is very low, should be above 200. Perhaps that's dragging things down?

Either way, I think benchmarking should be in another thread because it's only of interest to a small group of people.

A 'Benchmark War!' thread with speed-daemon tips might be a good idea.

Guest AlexandrKiev
First FR12 screenshot (French fonts app fix). :)

P

frenchfixfr12.png

Paul, could you explain differents between Fr4 results or stock ROM and Fr11 in Antutu and SmartBench?

Whats new in Fr12 axcept France lang fix?)

Guest djmcnz
First FR12 screenshot (French fonts app fix). :)

P

Not sure anybody uses those fonts... I encourage you to include my version as an option in your kitchen.

Although I'll be updating it today to include the new Nokia and WP7 fonts.

Edit: if you let me know what needs to be done for the "French Fix" I'll include that in mine as well.

Edited by djmcnz

Guest AlexandrKiev
Your database I/O result is very low, should be above 200. Perhaps that's dragging things down?

Either way, I think benchmarking should be in another thread because it's only of interest to a small group of people.

A 'Benchmark War!' thread with speed-daemon tips might be a good idea.

This results from new O2x

Now in my O2x with Fr11 Database IO results 210 points but other results ...

post-862578-1302690835_thumb.png

Do these results to illustrate the performance of work?

With each new version of ROM, write about the more rapid the phone, but in reality, things are not so rosy as it seems.

I want to find out the reason for Paul, because he always brings results Quadrant Advanced

Edited by AlexandrKiev

Not sure anybody uses those fonts... I encourage you to include my version as an option in your kitchen.

Although I'll be updating it today to include the new Nokia and WP7 fonts.

Edit: if you let me know what needs to be done for the "French Fix" I'll include that in mine as well.

Cool, nice app.

I just fixed the incorrect translation in the french strings.xml.

P

Guest djmcnz
This results from new O2x

Now in my O2x with Fr11 Database IO results 210 points but other results ...

post-862578-1302690835_thumb.png

Do these results to illustrate the performance of work?

With each new version of ROM, write about the more rapid the phone, but in reality, things are not so rosy as it seems.

I want to find out the reason for Paul, because he always brings results Quadrant Advanced

New thread?

My results in the same order on stock Fr11 and MCR no overclock kernel are:

443, 873, 501, 288, 318, 235, 12.5, 15.3, 3105

With a fully loaded phone, background sync on, no apps killed. So, yes your results should be higher.

So, how about you start a benchmarking thread and we continue over there?

Guest Korumera
New thread?

With a fully loaded phone, background sync on, no apps killed. So, yes your results should be higher.

ok as long as there isnt a thread i'll post it here, but stock FR11 with MCR i think 3105 is kinda low. I'm getting 3854 on the first run with FR8 and on a second run 4032 (not overclocked or anything)

Edited by Korumera

Guest speedme
ok as long as there isnt a thread i'll post it here, but stock FR11 with MCR i think 3105 is kinda low. I'm getting 3854 on the first run with FR8 and on a second run 4032 (not overclocked or anything)

Is your Quadrant score also higher then in FR8 than in FR11 ?

I'm running FR10 now and my Quandrant score is about 2700-2800, which I think should be a lot more (3100+ at least)

Guest speedme
New thread?

My score in Antutu are :

553, 1101, 990, 337, 310, 235, 86, 164, 3776

with FR10, no apps killed, background sync on (every 30 mins) and Class2 SD card.

Pretty good results, I think....right ?

So why does Quadrant then show a depressing result of 2700-2800 ?

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen
I have a similar problem as I just reported over on XDA. When playing audio books through the audible player I often unplugged the headset to stop playback. Three out of four times this causes the phone to reboot, and two out of the four times I ended up in the same state as you describe. Everything FCs, and the only option seems to be to restore from a previous backup.

It just happened again while being idle. Suddenly the phone gave the boot sound (which should be removed in my kitchen version of fr11). When I looked at that it had rebooted, and all apps were busy FCing. After half a minute more it started giving an alarm sound which wouldn't stop until I shut the phone down. For some reason something completely crazy is happening, causing the phone to try to revert lots of settings, or at least loosing lots of its data. I have only had this happen with FR11.

This is making the phone seriously unusable :)

Edit: I booted the phone and pulled the log from it to attach to this message. Maybe someone can make some sense of it. From what I understand of the log, everything is going horribly wrong. Perhaps it has something to do with the sqlite optimisation? If the phone suddenly reboots and the database is in an inconsistent state...

log.txt

Edited by Frank Sem-Jacobsen

Guest Trym Hansen

Wish for FR12: Fix an LG localizaton boo-boo.

I figured out why I couldn't get Norwegian localization to work properly. LG has, in it's wisdom, used a deprecated language string for norwegian: "no".

As you may or may not know, Norway has two languages, "Book language" and "New Norwegian", designated by the letters "nb" and "nn". "no" should not be used, and indeed isn't anymore in any modern linux-distribution... except for LG's.

Using "Custom Locale" I can set the language to "nb", which is great, suddenly all of the apps I thought were untranslated now show up (mostly) in Norwegian. However, all of the LG-stuff then shows up in English!

Vice versa: Set the string back to "no", and only the LG-components are translated.

I suppose this can easily be "hacked" by copying the "no" to "nb", so that both variants will work.

Better is to change the root of the problem in LG's code, I don't know how complex that would be, I don't really know how the localization stuff in Android works.

::Trym

Guest DeejUK
Delete SNS, then you get rid of Facebook, Twitter and Myspace for LG

Thanks, unfortunately the "uninstall" button is grayed out... Did I miss a step somewhere in the process? Guessing I don't have sufficient permissions to uninstall stuff?

Guest djmcnz
It just happened again while being idle. Suddenly the phone gave the boot sound (which should be removed in my kitchen version of fr11). When I looked at that it had rebooted, and all apps were busy FCing. After half a minute more it started giving an alarm sound which wouldn't stop until I shut the phone down. For some reason something completely crazy is happening, causing the phone to try to revert lots of settings, or at least loosing lots of its data. I have only had this happen with FR11.

This is making the phone seriously unusable :)

Edit: I booted the phone and pulled the log from it to attach to this message. Maybe someone can make some sense of it. From what I understand of the log, everything is going horribly wrong. Perhaps it has something to do with the sqlite optimisation? If the phone suddenly reboots and the database is in an inconsistent state...

Wow, that did implode.

Yes, try reverting the SQLite patch...

W/Database( 1691): Reached MAX size for compiled-sql statement cache for database /data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases/external-75021a00.db; i.e., NO space for this sql statement in cache: UPDATE images SET bucket_id=?, orientation=?, title=?, mime_type=?, date_modified=?, longitude=?, _size=?, latitude=?, datetaken=?, _data=?, bucket_display_name=? WHERE _id = 173. Please change your sql statements to use '?' for bindargs, instead of using actual value

^^^ those aren't so good...

Guest djmcnz
Thanks, unfortunately the "uninstall" button is grayed out... Did I miss a step somewhere in the process? Guessing I don't have sufficient permissions to uninstall stuff?

No, because it's on a read only partition it can't be uninstalled that way.

What root tools do you have? Ti Backup or Root Explorer? You can do it with one of those or via adb.

adb shell stop

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/SNS.apk

adb remount

adb shell start

Wish for FR12: Fix an LG localizaton boo-boo.

I figured out why I couldn't get Norwegian localization to work properly. LG has, in it's wisdom, used a deprecated language string for norwegian: "no".

As you may or may not know, Norway has two languages, "Book language" and "New Norwegian", designated by the letters "nb" and "nn". "no" should not be used, and indeed isn't anymore in any modern linux-distribution... except for LG's.

Using "Custom Locale" I can set the language to "nb", which is great, suddenly all of the apps I thought were untranslated now show up (mostly) in Norwegian. However, all of the LG-stuff then shows up in English!

Vice versa: Set the string back to "no", and only the LG-components are translated.

I suppose this can easily be "hacked" by copying the "no" to "nb", so that both variants will work.

Better is to change the root of the problem in LG's code, I don't know how complex that would be, I don't really know how the localization stuff in Android works.

::Trym

Wow, that is a nuisance. Probably fixable, yeah, i'll look into it.

P

Guest Foetsie
Wow, that is a nuisance. Probably fixable, yeah, i'll look into it.

P

Cool, this something i noticed too, 75% of the icons are in English, 25% in Dutch :)

Guest djmcnz
Cool, this something i noticed too, 75% of the icons are in English, 25% in Dutch :)

Yep, and I'd hate to speak Portuguese... some of their translations are in Korean! Not even English. :)

It seems to me that LG ran out of time...

Edited by djmcnz