28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Gilg@mesh
Wow, that is a nuisance. Probably fixable, yeah, i'll look into it.

P

Paul, with Swedish language there is a small problem, when entering Applications in settings and then Running services, when pressing a program with English language you get Stop/Cancel, but with Swedish you get "Avbryt/Avbryt" (in English Cancel/Cancel) could you change that for FR12 to Stoppa/Avbryt (Stop/Cancel)

thanks

Guest AltoXn
Paul, with Swedish language there is a small problem, when entering Applications in settings and then Running services, when pressing a program with English language you get Stop/Cancel, but with Swedish you get "Avbryt/Avbryt" (in English Cancel/Cancel) could you change that for FR12 to Stoppa/Avbryt (Stop/Cancel)

thanks

+1

lol i've noticed this too, LG must have used google translate or something XD

Guest DeejUK
No, because it's on a read only partition it can't be uninstalled that way.

What root tools do you have? Ti Backup or Root Explorer? You can do it with one of those or via adb.

adb shell stop

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/SNS.apk

adb remount

adb shell start

Thanks for your help! I don't have any root tools installed, I followed the ClockworkMod install procedure and then installed the ROM at the beginning of this thread, and that's it :)

Mods, I realise I'm off topic - move these posts at will :)

Guest Jay_Snake
Changelog
11 Apr Fr11
Updates to reduce duration of 'app install / uninstall lag'

Hi Paul,

Just wanted to let you know. Since the fix in the quote the screen for installing/uninstalling apps is always in English. No biggy, I know my English, but maybe you can look into it. With FR10 it was always in Dutch

New version online!

The changelog might be small but the actual changes are pretty big (a full merge of a new update).

Enjoy - prebake online soon! :)

P

Changelog

13 Apr Fr12

• Rebased on 1301920892 release including updated RIL (20110405 baseband recommended)
  • All fixes / tweaks to date merged into latest release
  • Removed adfree hosts file (accidentally included) - use AdFree app from the Market if you'd like this functionality
  • French language Fonts app fix
  • Fixed crash on Gingerbread Keyboard settings

Guest gensplejs
Why does it have to be removed? Is it a political thing ?

Will it be easy enough to add it back in, in fr12

[sarcasm]

Oh! I dont know!.... Why not include a pirated version of LG 2X Touch Key Brightness and LG 2X Recovery Boot in fr 12 while he is at it?

[/sarcasm]

Well some devs make money directly off the market and some make money by having adds in the apps. I dont get why ppl have such a big problems with adds. YOU GOT THE FRIGGING SOFTWARE FREE!

Guest gensplejs
New version online!

The changelog might be small but the actual changes are pretty big (a full merge of a new update).

P

Changelog

13 Apr Fr12

• Rebased on 1301920892 release including updated RIL (20110405 baseband recommended)
  • Removed adfree hosts file (accidentally included) - use AdFree app from the Market if you'd like this functionality

NICE.... ill bake a bit later....

any idea what changed from baseband Baseband 1035.21_20110315 to 1035.21_20110405

Edited by gensplejs

Guest mhome

Hi guys,

I have probably done a stupid thing :) I have installed the latest MoDaCo Custom ROM (from this topic) and after a day or so I started to see the famed lockups. I thought maybe the rom is responsible so I wanted to revert back to stock system. I did nandroid restore (I backuped up before MoDaCo) and the LG wouldn't boot, it just displays the LG logo with the colored bar below. I also tried the wipe option but to no avail.

What to do now? I'm thinking that maybe this has something to do with ext4 vs stock expecting ext3 ?

Thanks for any input, I'm basically now with a bricked phone :) (which is even worse than the lockups :).

M.

Guest gensplejs
Nah, no changelog, had good reports thus far tho!

P

Really annoying that we cant flash baseband from recovery like on my good old hero.... :-(

well... gona have to install that lg tool again :-/

Guest gensplejs
You need to revert back to EXT3 then restore your Nandroid (the EXT3 revert package is posted in this forum).

P

Or use the trusty old nvflash if all else fails :-)

Guest stuartrace
New version online!

P

Changelog

13 Apr Fr12

Now putting my oven glove on to remove my ROM from the oven, time to install!

Interestingly, while on FR11 I didn't have any black screen freezes (over 2 days), however it did do a restart on its own about 2 hours ago (which I hadn't seen it do before). Here's to testing FR12!

Guest mfyeung818

I have downloaded the ROM Fr11 and try to update my LG 2x, after the installation my 2x cannot reboot as normanl. It keep on restart the devide between the LG logo. What can I do?

I flashed yesterday FR11: since then I experienced 2 freezes of the phone (I had to remove battery) and 3 restarts, while I had not problems with original firmware :)

Guest mhome
You need to revert back to EXT3 then restore your Nandroid (the EXT3 revert package is posted in this forum).

P

Ok, so with ext3 I managed to get back online. Thanks!

However (I don't know if it's related to the lockups problem) I started having issues with touchscreen. For example I am unable to type "w" on the horizontal keyboard :) I will return this phone and I want to know how can I revert the clocmock recovery, so the device would be in original state.

Thank you, M.

Ok, so with ext3 I managed to get back online. Thanks!

However (I don't know if it's related to the lockups problem) I started having issues with touchscreen. For example I am unable to type "w" on the horizontal keyboard :) I will return this phone and I want to know how can I revert the clocmock recovery, so the device would be in original state.

Thank you, M.

U can flash stock recovery, search for the link to download it :)

Guest Pikette
First FR12 screenshot (French fonts app fix). :)

P

I installed the FR12 ROM after a full wipe, everything works flawlessly , thank you ! BUT I still have the translation error in my fonts app.... :)

Guest c.joenie

Hey Paul,

do I have to upgrade to the new baseband before I can apply FR12? Or can I just download FR12 and will that update me to the new baseband automatically?

Grz,

JJ