28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Wovchik

Paul did you read this? it still the same issue with FR12

Paul could you please Check the Tethering since FR4 is still the same problem here:

My LG x2 is connected to the Computer over the USB

If i use the Mobile network an share it to the Computer over the USB it works fine, but if i use the WLAN conection and share this to the Computer over the USB its extremly slow (GSM is even faster)

I tryed now FR11 with out WIPE (from FR10) and with Wipe but its still the same.

Guest winzhangout

My phone random boot with FR12 too, and quits some game all the time just getting back to home and then have to resume game and play 30 sec again and soo on? Does new baseband have something to do with this or FR12?

Guest Rhetorical

Hello,

I have run into a heap of trouble.

Getting Clockwork to run on my phone took about 3 hours as there was a missing UDB driver on my system as the link provided everywhere does not work. However that issue I solved.

Next problem:

I uploaded the custom rom to the _SDcard/ folder but Clockwork was unable to see it in that folder. I browsed all menus that made sense and could not find it (Yes, incl. browse SD etc). I than reuploaded the custom rom to both folder indicated in the guide again and to the other internal SD card, in this folder I also had a Clockwork folder etc. After uploading it to those and finally seeing it I was able to install it but the installation process was not very smooth however it indicated that the install completed, now that I am trying to boot up my phone it cycles between the LG logo, LG + status bar screen, LG + MoDaCo screen and does not go past this. I've left my phone on for about 30 minutes and I did not get past it.

Restoring the back does work however on reboot the system does not go past the LG + status bar screen and stays there (I left it on for more than 1 hour).

Some help/tips would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: Well I know you said in your post that a full wipe is required but I was assuming that the installation of the custom rom would be doing this. A few moments ago I manually did this and the boot continued to the homescreen so my issue is solved!

Edited by Rhetorical

Guest BrumBrum74
Hmm..anyone using gingerbread keyboard?

I've noticed that between the % and 8 key is &amp instead the symbol & key.

No big deal though, just a bit odd to see a string doesn't fit into the square :)

Have the same problem. A bit annoying. :)

Guest len.asdf

Just updated to v12, but my camera seems to be much worse. The image is of terrible quality, i will upload a image in a few minutes, just have to switch classes quick -.-

Guest Qwertymon

update with my problems, I seem to of fixt it, I tried about 10 times on win7 using the normal update/install option each time the machine would flat refuse, after multiple nvflashes, and even a winxp install later, I rocked linux as a base for the setup and it worked, I can only assume that chrome was doing something different as firefox is the only real install different (as in I can get cwm on the device in any os).

when I reflash again tonight with vanilla im gonna use a different browser in windows.

Guest len.asdf
Just updated to v12, but my camera seems to be much worse. The image is of terrible quality, i will upload a image in a few minutes, just have to switch classes quick -.-

Fixed! The problem was that the protector screen was incredible dirty! :)

Was a very happy user of FR11, ran perfectly smooth. Since i've upgraded the baseband to the newest version with fr12 it seems laggier. Flashed baseband, manually wiped the phone/cache/dalvik, installed fr12 and recovered only user apps with Titanium. It seems laggier, slower and less responsive. All settings are identical.

(edited typo)

Edited by wapz

Guest BrumBrum74

Getting a few errors like this now:

The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Happened last now when trying to download a mms on stock messaging program. LG one not installed.

Can't seem to download or send mms. Settings are ok.

Clean install of Fr12 and full wipe before installing.

Baseband updated as well.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest ritdaw

For some reason the time is out by one hour with the default "British Summer Time". For example the set time field shows 12:16 but the clock in the top right shows 11:16. Weird :s

Guest Korumera

Hmmm ok i have feeling apps like juice defender or green power makes the phone reboot when they do some stuff to the phone (turning stuff on and off). I removed the apps (didnt had them installed both at once tho). And now the reboots are gone as far as i know.

Not sure if this is a new issue or what, but basically i have to use the English keyboard layout in windows to get the corresponding characters on the gingerbread keyboard.

It's only the special characters though.

Guest Clone519

Hmmm what if i didnt flash the 20110405 baseband? Are there any possible side effects? I need to know cause I might not wanna be flashing the baseband xD

Guest Trym Hansen

To ALL of you who suffer spantaneous REBOOTS.

Try to cook a ROM without the Car Home and F-secure applications. I had reboots and hard-locks on the stock ROM, but haven't had a single one with the baked ones, and I've always excluded the two mentioned apps. If you *do* have reboots and do not have them installed, please respond, we need to get to the bottom of this.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest d3rb3rt
To ALL of you who suffer spantaneous REBOOTS.

Try to cook a ROM without the Car Home and F-secure applications. I had reboots and hard-locks on the stock ROM, but haven't had a single one with the baked ones, and I've always excluded the two mentioned apps. If you *do* have reboots and do not have them installed, please respond, we need to get to the bottom of this.

::Trym

Do you mean the LG Car Home only or also the stock Car Home app?

Do you mean the LG Car Home only or also the stock Car Home app?

Car home and F-secure are both problematic. i just got rid of them.

EDIT:

No more reboots !

Edited by aaww

Guest d3rb3rt
Car home and F-secure are both problematic. i just got rid of them.

this i understood. but the kitchen offers a stock car home and a lg car home.

so my question is, which one are you talking about, or are both of them a problem?