28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen
I am currently running FR12 with the newest baseband. I can quite consistently trigger a reboot when listening to an audio book using the audible player by pulling out the headset. Usually this should just cause the player to stop, but three out of four times this causes an instant reboot. I guess matters are slightly complicated by tasker which sets the phone into aeroplane mode when inserting the headphones, and revert back to normal mode when pulling the headphones out.

To try to figure out what the problem is in the hope that it might shed light on the general rebooting issue, I did "adb logcat" before pulling out the headphones to see if I could capture what happens. I have attached to look to this post. It would be great if any of the great minds in this forum could take a look and see if you can spot anything.

Edit:

Wrong: Relating this to a previous post I made, since reverting the sqlite changes in my latest ROM the phone no longer goes into an inconsistent state when these reboots happen.

I just completed the reboots after the crash, and the phone is again in an inconsistent state with everything FCing. This is with the revert sqlite option in the kitchen ticked off. Frustrating.

A quick search seems to indicate that it is that he Bluetooth driver that might be the problem. This might mean that it is the switching between aeroplane mode and not that causes it. However, I do not have this problem if I wake the device before pulling up the headset. Therefore, switching manually in and out of aeroplane mode does not have this effect either.

Guest mattfigaro
How many recent pages of the thread did you read before going to the trouble of taking that shot, uploading it and posting? :)

lol

OK, i guess I ought to be more thorough.

I have done nothing but read, but I guess I am not taking in as much as I ought to

:)

Guest shoulim

Hi Paul,

Great work. Now with the new ROM and FR12 my phone is great. Just some updates on small issues:

1. Phone still hangs a bit during apps install

2. Cell standby and Phone Idle still a bit high: around 30%

3. Sometimes I get black screen when receiving a phone call (then after a few sec. I get the screen with the button to answer)

4. Still some random reboots, but much less than FR11.

Other than that the phone is great thanks to you.

Cheers

Edited by shoulim

Guest nold-i-spolen

After trying both Fr12 and try to bake my own, I can't get Market to work.

Internet connection works fine, but when i try to download and install an app it just says "Starting Download" forever

You write "If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!".......what data APN?

Any suggestions?

Edited by nold-i-spolen

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen
After trying both Fr12 and try to bake my own, I can't get Market to work.

Internet connection works fine, but when i try to download and install an app it just says "Starting Download" forever

Any suggestions?

Check date..?

Guest Aduck79
+1 to this. I had Green Power installed, which worked fine with FR10. Installed FR11 and had random reboots. Reverted to FR10, all was fine. Updated to FR12, random reboots. I have now frozen Green Power on FR12 and have yet to experience any random reboots.

Sometimes i would find that it didn't reboot, but instead I would notice the phone getting hot. When i tried to view the screen, i couldn't as the phone had become totally unresponsive. I had to battery pull and reboot.

Otherwise, excellent ROM and excellent work Paul. Thanks for all your efforts. Hope this goes some way to helping you solve this issue.

+1

Also having random reboots after FR12 and new radio. I'm using Juice Defender. Will disable and see if that is somehow causing it.

Guest Riemen
Yeah, that's not quite right.

Backup

Wipe

Flash

Boot

Is the typical order.

If you wipe (data) after flashing you will stuff up some roms.

I didn't know this. Always did it the other way and had no problems so far.

+1 to this. I had Green Power installed, which worked fine with FR10. Installed FR11 and had random reboots. Reverted to FR10, all was fine. Updated to FR12, random reboots. I have now frozen Green Power on FR12 and have yet to experience any random reboots.

Sometimes i would find that it didn't reboot, but instead I would notice the phone getting hot. When i tried to view the screen, i couldn't as the phone had become totally unresponsive. I had to battery pull and reboot.

Otherwise, excellent ROM and excellent work Paul. Thanks for all your efforts. Hope this goes some way to helping you solve this issue.

same here i just reverted back to Fr10

Guest ghale

Hello, I've just flashed the Fr12, but I forgot to check the "disable 'Battery Full' Popup" option.

There is a way to not reflash my phone and to disable the popup, please???

Guest Korumera
same here i just reverted back to Fr10

Yes juice defender and / or green power doesnt work with FR11 and FR12. I havent had a reboot allday since i removed the apps. Problem is i'm not really sure what's wrong it doesnt give an error or anything. Altho i'm glad to see i'm not the only one that's having the problem.

Guest PhilNelwyn

@Paul

Hello, thanks for the great work.

Someone reported a lag while dragging menus (when you stop dragging, keeping your finger on the screen, and drag again), it seems to be caused by the scroll bar, as it pops in or fades out.

Would it be possible to have the scroll bar in menus always on (or always off) ?

Btw, it occurs on stock too.

Guest nold-i-spolen
Check date..?

Ups, i red it as data......sorry, feels like a noob.......Thanks, now it works.

And going back to my backup, just had to convert it back to ext3

Edited by nold-i-spolen

Guest jaseli

hi Paul,

i have just flashed the fr12 and new baseband with no error message but encountered some problems,

1. force close during initial phone setup, though i can finish it up afterwards using the menu

2. phone went dead after sleep for a while (pressing the power button) have to pull battery out to restart, this happened 2 times in just 8 hours

3. cannot disable alarm (using LG clock/alarm only), cannot power off, have to pull battery out.

4. reboot and frozen in the LG and Modaco logo, have to pull battery

thanks for your hard work, i really like the fact your roms as they solve the random reboot and freezing issues with original LG.

look forward to your gingerbread brew~~~

cheers

Guest zippyioa

Just flashed a custom rom from the kitchen onto the 2x that arrived today - thank god for your efforts Paul, your ROM is SO much better than stock....

A few initial things I have spotted that would be nice:

1) No way to delete unwanted APNs (please advise me if I am missing something!)

2) No option to boot into recovery/reboot when hitting power button

Guest alvari

Hi,

I haven't had any reboot/FC issues with fr12 (with juice defender running), also I haven't got the lag in adding widgets no more (which came in fr11 for me)

BUT

This morning I woke up with the lock screen having two sets of date and carrier name written on it. What I mean is, that the lock screen was all normal except that under the current date, there was yesterdays date with grey text color, and under my carriers name (Saunalahti) there was the text "No network" etc with grey text.

I'm using the google lock screen instead of stock LG lock screen.

Rebooting cleared the problem, but I just thought I'd mention this. Lets see if this happens again tomorrow morning. :)

Guest Sharcy

So I made some wrong choices apparently and I now have the black clock on black bar issue. Any way to correct that without baking a new ROM and doing a complete reinstall?

So I made some wrong choices apparently and I now have the black clock on black bar issue. Any way to correct that without baking a new ROM and doing a complete reinstall?

nop.

checkout the thread this issue was solved before many times.

Guest Sharcy
nop.

checkout the thread this issue was solved before many times.

Yeah, I know what I did wrong, but I don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling the whole thing just to make the clock appear :-). If there's no other way I'll wait for the ROM that will bring Gingerbread probably.

Guest gin0v4

[0quote name=Sharcy' date='Apr 15 2011, 06:44' post='1669563]

Edited by gin0v4

Guest stuartrace
Hi

Got my new LG Optimus 2x today. Got it rooted, installed your clockworkmod app (as i it gave me error messages with the "install-clockworkmod-windows.bat")

But now i got a problem after installing your ROM.

By using your app i got in recovery mode, installed the newest MoDaCa ROM. But after installing i restarted, and now it just boot-loop with the MoDaCo-LG screen and LG screen.

If I pull the battery out and turn it on using the 'volume-down' methode it says "S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading..." - and it doesnt seem to get further...

Anything i could do/try here??

Thx in advance!!

If you want to return to ClockworkMod's recovery mode, when you switch on while holding the volume-down button, keep holding it down until you see the small Android text appear on the screen (like 5 seconds or so maybe) - I found that if you release it too early it goes into that S/W Upgrade screen

Hi... I just godt my phone back from the workshop, where the speaker was fixed.

Now, I just installed newest rom from kitchen, but I have a problem now :)

When I try to install a app from android marked, it just says "downloading" and never gets any further. I tried rebooting, but no luck yet.

What to do?

Guest poi2005
Hi... I just godt my phone back from the workshop, where the speaker was fixed.

Now, I just installed newest rom from kitchen, but I have a problem now :)

When I try to install a app from android marked, it just says "downloading" and never gets any further. I tried rebooting, but no luck yet.

What to do?

Please check ur date is it set correctly?