28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sorensiim

I'm getting tons of reboots on FR12 as well, no Juice Defender, no fsecure, car home or anything. But I do have a 16gb card installed...

Just moved all apps from the sd card to the internal memory, let's see if it helps.

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest MasterElwood
I'm getting tons of reboots on FR12 as well, no Juice Defender, no fsecure, car home or anything. But I do have a 16gb card installed...

Just moved all apps from the sd card to the internal memory, let's see if it helps.

I have also reboots on my FR12 Vanilla - no juice defender.

But i have the reboots only when i make/pickup calls. i have "total recall" running. maybe that?

Guest nugge

Something very ODD happend to my O2x last night.

Had about 60% battery left so I didn't plug it in. When i got up it had turned off so i plugged in the charger.

When i booted up all my Launcher configurations were gone and I was introduced to the One-Time setup.

My reaction at this point was WTF. All my installed apps were there thou so it hadn't wiped it completely.

Havent had any funky or dangerous apps installed. Same apps ive used for months/years on my N1 without anything like this.

Some of my apps kept crashing, like dropbox / smart keyboard / phone app and so on.

Just did a wipe and flashed FR12.

Just wondering if anyone have had anything similar happen.

Odd stuff is Odd

Guest emdeed

I have also reboot since i have applied FR12, no juice defender, never had a reboot before.

I 'm experiencing inaccurate battery indicator, even with the phone completly reboot with no power source at all.

For expemple : after a night of charge, i'm unplugging & starting the phone and i see 92% on the first boot. After 1H and some web browsing, i got 96% ...

Guest Involver

I tend to agree with Trym, I just had the phone running all night WITHOUT external SD card and WITH JuiceDefender, no reboot. Just plugged in the SD and it rebooten within half an hour! Doing the same test again, removed the SD and see what happens and also trying different settings for BT and WiFi. I suggest everybody who are having problems to do the same and post there findings.

Guest Involver
Yes but please don't report them in this thread.

Not Rom related so please move discussion to appropriate thread... :)

... yes, you're absolutely right :)

Guest Sorensiim
... yes, you're absolutely right :)

Good point, but it seems that for many of us these reboots didn't happen before FR12, myself included.

I'm now running a bake from romkitchen.org, but using Pauls Kernel, will try to move a few apps to the sd card and see what happens.

Guest Involver
Good point, but it seems that for many of us these reboots didn't happen before FR12, myself included.

I'm now running a bake from romkitchen.org, but using Pauls Kernel, will try to move a few apps to the sd card and see what happens.

There's allready another thread on the reboots else where in the forum, seems like it is not FR12 only. I have been using my phone the whole day without SD card, no reboots whatsover. Let's see what happens when I put the SD card back in...

Guest MrMastodon
Do you have the App Juice Defender ??

EDIT: i see in your screenshot that you have Juice Defender.... :) :) :P So sorry for that question :)

Yes, as you point out, I use Juice defender, but after I got rid og Car Home, the problems magically disappaired...

With magically disappaired I mean that the phone has not rebooted, and the lockscreen bug has not appeared yet...

Coincidence? I think not...

So maybe Juice Defender is not guilty?

I vote for the SD-theory...

Guest Mark95

Hello,

first i would like to say sorry for my englisch, but i am from Czech and just 16 years old :)

Yesterday i bought LG optimus 2x and it was my fisrt smartphone with android (i had omnia II with WM 6.5) When i saw that there are many problems with software i installed this new ROM :) And i have a little bit problem. At first, in the instructions is written, that i have to do wipe. But i thought, that wipe=all files and data gone, i came to recovery mode and select wipe/factory reset, wipe Chache, Wipe davlink and then i istalled new ROM is that right ? Cause all my photos stay in the phone...

And now, the biggist problem, After install new rom i have got a problem with GPS, in the maps i finally fix it and it works now, but the main problem is in the standart widget for wether from samsung, i cant find my location and i cant even download the wetter if i set the location manualy...please help...i really dont know what to do :)

P.S. I have read, there can be problem with datum, but i check it and it´s ok...

Guest djmcnz
Hello,

first i would like to say sorry for my englisch, but i am from Czech and just 16 years old :)

Yesterday i bought LG optimus 2x and it was my fisrt smartphone with android (i had omnia II with WM 6.5) When i saw that there are many problems with software i installed this new ROM :) And i have a little bit problem. At first, in the instructions is written, that i have to do wipe. But i thought, that wipe=all files and data gone, i came to recovery mode and select wipe/factory reset, wipe Chache, Wipe davlink and then i istalled new ROM is that right ? Cause all my photos stay in the phone...

And now, the biggist problem, After install new rom i have got a problem with GPS, in the maps i finally fix it and it works now, but the main problem is in the standart widget for wether from samsung, i cant find my location and i cant even download the wetter if i set the location manualy...please help...i really dont know what to do ;)

P.S. I have read, there can be problem with datum, but i check it and it´s ok...

You did this correctly. Wipe will not take away your photos... :)

For GPS, make sure:

Settings | Wireless & networks | Mobile netowrk settings | Access Point Names | < ... > | APN type = default,supl,mms

If you can not change APN search on this forum for instructions.

Good luck! :P

Guest conceptics
A suggestion - check to make sure your provider "APN type" is set to:

default,supl,mms

And ensure you have the stock Mms.apk installed on /system.

Thanks for the advice. The default MMS settings lacked this entry, so I added it and tried. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference. :)

Guest stuartrace
Thx man! It worked... Guess I just panic'd and wasnt patient enough :(

No worries! :) The only reason I've seen that screen was because I wasn't patient enough either first time round :)

To all you out there that have battery problems after burning a new rom.

Use the BatterCalibration App to repair the situation. the battery on the X2 doesn't run out that fast. the Information from the battery is misread.

After using this app i can tell that there is a huge difference.

I found it through Paul's featured apps application.

Have a nice week everybody !

Guest MrMastodon
To all you out there that have battery problems after burning a new rom.

Use the BatterCalibration App to repair the situation. the battery on the X2 doesn't run out that fast. the Information from the battery is misread.

After using this app i can tell that there is a huge difference.

I found it through Paul's featured apps application.

Have a nice week everybody !

I have searched for it in "Paul's featured apps" and can't find it, but in market, i can find several apps with similar names...

Did you spell the name correctly?

Guest planeth

Once again, Paul, you're the best :)

Running FR12 on my o2x... I don't have any reboot issues... I'm using juicedefender.

Rom is usually just running smooth... Only thing I can think of right now, is sometimes I get a little bit of lag, when installing apps.... Less than I did with previous versions of MCR, though.

I do have 1 question about the baseband... I did not flash any baseband manually... I have only upgraded from stock to several versions of MCR (now FR12) Should I flash baseband manually? What will the benefits be? And last, but not least, can someone provide me with a direct link to the correct baseband?

Thanks a bunch.

Guest Squide

when connecting to wifi.

com.android.setting force close.

although the wifi can be use, but everytime when I cinnect to a new Access Point.

the same force close will be pop up

when connecting to wifi.

com.android.setting force close.

although the wifi can be use, but everytime when I cinnect to a new Access Point.

the same force close will be pop up

just tested it on my phone and there is no issue like that. i had a forced close of quadrant on the first boot. but after rebooting the issue never came back.

Guest Squide
just tested it on my phone and there is no issue like that. i had a forced close of quadrant on the first boot. but after rebooting the issue never came back.

I found that the problem will only happen when I choose chinese as my OS's language.

When I change to english, there will have no force close.

what can I do to fix that?

post-645894-1303137345_thumb.png

I found that the problem will only happen when I choose chinese as my OS's language.

When I change to english, there will have no force close.

what can I do to fix that?

I am not a developer so you will have to wait for Paul to come back next week. ill do some research if i will find a solution i will let you know.

Guest Involver

... well... probably not the SD after all... My phone just did another reboot while the SD was still lying there on the table... back to testing BT again... Damn this is getting annoying...