28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MrMastodon

That's it for me, reboot x n in the last couple of days, also after I went back til FR11. I never had any of this before I updated baseband.. So now I will downdate my baseband and run FR11, the last, for me at least, stable combo.

Anybody running FR12 with "old" baseband? Any problems?

Edit: Broken english

Edit2: I'm giving FR12 with old baseband (1503) a chance to redeem my suspicions against the new baseband...

Edit3: FR12 no good, FR11 no good. Still reeboot...

Only thing left now is freezing JuceDefender to see if that helps... Hrmf!

Edited by MrMastodon

Guest MrMastodon

OK, according to the Danish LG-support some devices has this rebooting-problem, and they have found what's causing it...

Translated quote from LG:

- "LG is aware that certain Optimus 2X users occasionally find that the product may freeze or turn off randomly. The Nordic market has been one of the first to sell Optimus 2X, and we have sold a considerable number of units. Return rates are low and within the error margin, and it is only a limited number of customers who have experienced the situation. LG nevertheless regrets much the inconvenience this has caused.

We have found the cause of the problem and has developed a software update to remedy this. The update is currently being sent out in cooperation with our distributors. The timing of when the update will be available depends on the individual distributors.

LG strives to provide specimens of highest quality and are working hard to ensure that users have a continuous and good smartphone experience. We apologize again for the inconvenience. "

Source (in danish, use Google translate)

Edited by MrMastodon

Guest maedox
That's it for me, reboot x n in the last couple of days, also after I went back til FR11. I never had any of this before I updated baseband.. So now I will downdate my baseband and run FR11, the last, for me at least, stable combo.

Edit2: I'm giving FR12 with old baseband (1503) a chance to redeem my suspicions against the new baseband...

Did you try it without an SD card?

I am on Fr12 and old baseband. dont have any issues with it.

If you tell me where you have seen broken English and so on i can check and let you know how it is for me.

Seems like the Honeycomb will be released for Nvidia Tegra 2 tablets.

I hope it will be ported to the LG as well since 3.0 can really handle Dual core CPU.

Guest Involver

After a weekend full of reboots and testing, sunday I reflashed FR12 (not with the latest baseband but 1035.21_20110223) and tested a clean installation. No apps added besides those Google apps in the kitchen, not the LG apps. No problemo! With SD card, WiFi, BT on/off and everything is still OK. Not sure if it's something with the additional apps, I have Car Home installed, not F-Secure and also not JD this time. Tomorrow I'll be installing JD again, from the market not Ti Backup... Fingers crossed...

Guest MasterElwood

I have the reboot problem with FR12 (vanilla) and "call recorder - total recall" https://market.android.com/details?id=com.k...e=order_history (records phonecalls - works great).

with that app: Reboots when starting phonecalls.

without the app: NO REBOOTS AT ALL!

This is sad, because recording calls was my main reason to root in the first place.

Looks like a "juce defender" problem. Any idea?

Thanx in A.

Edited by MasterElwood

After a weekend full of reboots and testing, sunday I reflashed FR12 (not with the latest baseband but 1035.21_20110223) and tested a clean installation. No apps added besides those Google apps in the kitchen, not the LG apps. No problemo! With SD card, WiFi, BT on/off and everything is still OK. Not sure if it's something with the additional apps, I have Car Home installed, not F-Secure and also not JD this time. Tomorrow I'll be installing JD again, from the market not Ti Backup... Fingers crossed...

I have the Fr12, now new baseband.

From my experience if i install Car Home or F-secure all goes to hell.

when they are out of the system it is very stable, doesn't matter what else you install (JD,Ti Backups and so on...)

Hope it will go well for you.

Edited by aaww

For some strange reason i couldn't make LG email app to work. i baked another rom with Google email and all is good now.

I have a different provider for My IMAP and SMTP.

Guest Involver
I have the Fr12, now new baseband.

From my experience if i install Car Home or F-secure all goes to hell.

when they are out of the system it is very stable, doesn't matter what else you install (JD,Ti Backups and so on...)

Hope it will go well for you.

Well... actually there's two process, one called 'car home' and the other is called 'carkit' (which is running). Do you know if these are part of the same app? Well... I just removed them both and will now re-install JD... but up until today no problems at all...

Guest smokie700

Hello all, Im not sure if I'm doing this correctly but Im trying to flash this ROM with Clockwork mod the phone gets stuck in a constant reboot loop after I select the reboot option. It never gets past the ModaCo start screen then it goes to the LG boot screen. Im kinda new and Im able to revert back to stock but I would like to sort out why the phone is doing this.

Edited by smokie700

Guest GINTAS111

Hello,im using my 1month no reboots or freezes everything perfect used fr5,fr10 and now fr12 from first days i unninstall google maps,car and fsecure.Battery perfect too.Using copilot navigator SD cart from first day no problems at all.So probably one or all 3 programs crashing something im not dev just read about all this problems its my idea only.

Edited by GINTAS111

Guest Involver
Well... actually there's two process, one called 'car home' and the other is called 'carkit' (which is running). Do you know if these are part of the same app? Well... I just removed them both and will now re-install JD... but up until today no problems at all...

For sure - JuiceDefender, installed it after almost a week without reboots, within half a day I've had two reboots... I'm going to address this issue to the dev...

Guest MrMastodon

aaww: It was _my_ english that was broken... :-)

It seems that there is a couple of apps that triggers reeboot, and there is no need to have more than one of them running to trigger it.

In my case, after FR3-11 without reeboot, FR12 with JuiceDefender triggers reeboot... With JD frozen solid, so far 2 days without reeboot...

The big question is: What does theese apps have in common, that triggers this slightly annoying problem?

And... How soon will Paul get the update from LG, so that we can get rid of this problem once and for all? :-)

Guest djmcnz
aaww: It was _my_ english that was broken... :-)

It seems that there is a couple of apps that triggers reeboot, and there is no need to have more than one of them running to trigger it.

In my case, after FR3-11 without reeboot, FR12 with JuiceDefender triggers reeboot... With JD frozen solid, so far 2 days without reeboot...

The big question is: What does theese apps have in common, that triggers this slightly annoying problem?

And... How soon will Paul get the update from LG, so that we can get rid of this problem once and for all? :-)

These apps are not the cause of the reboot, although they may trigger it.

Guest raze19

Hi Everyone.

I'm very new to android and been using this Rom for about a day. I must say this is very snappy compared to the stock rom. Anyway, I noticed that my screen doesnt lit up when I receive an SMS. Anyone encoutered this problem?

I'm also not satisfied with my battery life, I can literally see my battery going down a few minutes after a full charge. I cooked my own rom via online kitchen and probably messed up somewhere. Can you guys point out the top battery draining apps from LG? I havnt installed alot after flashing this rom. only stuff I added ws facebook and operamini. I also included F-Secure - could that be the culprit?

Guest maedox
Hi Everyone.

I'm very new to android and been using this Rom for about a day. I must say this is very snappy compared to the stock rom. Anyway, I noticed that my screen doesnt lit up when I receive an SMS. Anyone encoutered this problem?

I'm also not satisfied with my battery life, I can literally see my battery going down a few minutes after a full charge. I cooked my own rom via online kitchen and probably messed up somewhere. Can you guys point out the top battery draining apps from LG? I havnt installed alot after flashing this rom. only stuff I added ws facebook and operamini. I also included F-Secure - could that be the culprit?

The battery meter will drop a few points quickly from 100 %. Don't worry about it as it usually holds up pretty good overall, which is what counts. At least mine does; It goes quickly down to 90-something, and then slows down. I believe it's just the battery meter code that is a bit weird.

Guest raze19
The battery meter will drop a few points quickly from 100 %. Don't worry about it as it usually holds up pretty good overall, which is what counts. At least mine does; It goes quickly down to 90-something, and then slows down. I believe it's just the battery meter code that is a bit weird.

Thanks for the quickreply mate. I tried cooking another rom a few hours ago. I think my battery is a little better now. However, my screen still doesnt lit up when I receive a SMS.

Guest johnnydj

Not sure if anyone noticed, but after installing FR12 we have OpenGL ES-CM 1.1 instead of version 2.0 which should be normally.

I noticed because the Samurai2 Vengeance game isn't starting anymore so I opened Quadrant and in the system information I see I have OpenGL 1.1 :)

Can this be updated somehow manually?

Guest johnnydj
Not sure if anyone noticed, but after installing FR12 we have OpenGL ES-CM 1.1 instead of version 2.0 which should be normally.

I noticed because the Samurai2 Vengeance game isn't starting anymore so I opened Quadrant and in the system information I see I have OpenGL 1.1 :)

I fixed it by Instally Eternity Project's kernel

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1029799

It still shows me OpenGL 1.1 but now the Tegra2 games are working fine.

Samurai2 Vengeance running smooth, no problems at all with any Nvidia games from Tegra app store.

Guest johnnydj
Samurai2 Vengeance running smooth, no problems at all with any Nvidia games from Tegra app store.

I had to install Eternity Project's kernel.

No clue why.

btw I think that Quadrant doesn't read the OpenGL version correctly or doesn't support 2.0

Nenamark1 recognizes it being OpenGL 2.0

:)

Edit: I saw that the gesture to move the cursor in a text box isn't working even tho it's in the settings and enabled.

The cursor should move up/down/left/right depending on where you tap the phone.

Anyone else can confirm this?

Edited by johnnydj

Guest johnnydj
Very-very-very big consumption of O2X: 4% per hour at sleep-mode, when Wifi, 3G, GPS off and software off.

not on mine.

I'm also using Optimus 2X unbranded and consumes ~4-5% in 8 hours of standby with everything OFF

But I'm using Bloatware Freezer to freeze Car Home, F-secure and the Weather&Clock widget.