28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest johnnydj

I'm still using FR12 because I don't see the FR13 download link yet.

I have a very strange problem I found today with the WI-FI on my O2X

I found out that the WI-FI that I have in my house works fine on my phone, fast and everything. (has WPA2 password)

However, I went out to some restaurant last night and they had WI-FI there, so I wanted to check some e-mails.

Their WI-FI is not passworded, it's open.

My phone connected very fast, but I couldn't access any webpage with it.

My widgets didn't update also.

The WI-FI is working because I connected and browsed some webpages with my GF's Desire HD which is runnin CM7.

I don't understand why the WI-FI in my house works, and other WI-FI's don't.

I found another unprotected WI-FI around and it's the same. Connects fine, but cannot access anything.

I deleted the contents of my hosts file too but that shouldn't have anything to do to it.

Had only 127.0.0.1 localhost in it.

Guest Smi3l

Trying for the first time to put a custom ROM on my LG 2X and already having a big problem. I installed the ROM with ClockworkMod and rebooted the phone. Now I see the LG logo and the MoDaCo logo but it keeps restarting my phone. First the LG logo and the waiting bar after that the LG logo and the MoDaCo logo, on and on. :mellow:

Can anyone help me, I can't use my phone anymore.

SOLVED, thank you d-droid

Edited by Smi3l

Guest d-droid
Trying for the first time to put a custom ROM on my LG 2X and already having a big problem. I installed the ROM with ClockworkMod and rebooted the phone. Now I see the LG logo and the MoDaCo logo but it keeps restarting my phone. First the LG logo and the waiting bar after that the LG logo and the MoDaCo logo, on and on. :mellow:

Try rebooting into recovery again and reflash the ROM. Make sure you wipe everything before flashing.

Guest d-droid
I'm still using FR12 because I don't see the FR13 download link yet.

I have a very strange problem I found today with the WI-FI on my O2X

I found out that the WI-FI that I have in my house works fine on my phone, fast and everything. (has WPA2 password)

However, I went out to some restaurant last night and they had WI-FI there, so I wanted to check some e-mails.

Their WI-FI is not passworded, it's open.

My phone connected very fast, but I couldn't access any webpage with it.

My widgets didn't update also.

The WI-FI is working because I connected and browsed some webpages with my GF's Desire HD which is runnin CM7.

I don't understand why the WI-FI in my house works, and other WI-FI's don't.

I found another unprotected WI-FI around and it's the same. Connects fine, but cannot access anything.

I deleted the contents of my hosts file too but that shouldn't have anything to do to it.

Had only 127.0.0.1 localhost in it.

Som open WiFi networks require you to open your browser and accept some terms before they let you out on the net. I have found that this redirection to this "special page" does not always work with Android nor with my Mac. It works fine when on Windows though, perhaps that could have been the problem. To find out if it is the open WiFi that is the problem you could always try to set your own network to open for a test.

Guest johnnydj
Som open WiFi networks require you to open your browser and accept some terms before they let you out on the net. I have found that this redirection to this "special page" does not always work with Android nor with my Mac. It works fine when on Windows though, perhaps that could have been the problem. To find out if it is the open WiFi that is the problem you could always try to set your own network to open for a test.

those agreements and stuff are only for hotspots tho.

with the desire HD it works without doing anything perfectly.

just connected and it worked.

with my optimus I connect and instantly gives me no connection, even tho my signal is excellent.

no clue what to do about it.

EDIT: tried setting my router to OPEN and it still works.

Edited by johnnydj

Guest johnnydj

do not forget to holed vol + power buttons until the ANDROID word appears on your screen.

otherwise you will also end up in a boot loop, and yeah also try to wipe everything and reboot

Guest pego 71

reset in recovery: Wipe data/factory + install zip from sdcard+choose zip from sdcard+ install your rom ... NO nandroid backup.

Manual reinstall app

MAJOR UPDATE! :mellow:

P

Changelog

28 Apr Fr14

• Initial v10d / 1303220460 merge
  • Modified boot image config (performance improvements)
  • Modified EXT4 partition options (performance improvements)
  • Modified mount config (performance improvements)
  • Updated Gingerbread Keyboard
  • MCK-cm-r1 (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) - now with merges from the CyanogenMod kernel for the 2X
  • Initial test support for Korean devices with Home button

Paul, i can't understand why you don't upload the newest FR! I'm blocked at the FR12! :o

I wasn't happy with Fr13, hence I decided to wait for Fr14 before updating the prebake. Now Fr14 is out, the prebake will be updated soon. All good things etc. :D

someone tried already? :mellow: do I have to wipe (fr12 now)?

Non wipe.

P

Guest pfueldner
I wasn't happy with Fr13, hence I decided to wait for Fr14 before updating the prebake. Now Fr14 is out, the prebake will be updated soon. All good things etc. :mellow:

Non wipe.

P

Is the font color for the clock display in the notification bar fixed? I'm referring to the black-on-black issue for the clock in the Gingerbread theme.

Thanks!

Is the font color for the clock display in the notification bar fixed? ...

yes

But how can I switch off vibra of the four sensor-keys?

Why is the date set to the 28th of march?

Edited by MaJz

Guest d3rb3rt

funny. as far as i can tell the haptic feedback for the softkeys got much stronger (actually too strong) after updating to fr14 ... did anybody else notice this, too?

Edited by d3rb3rt

Guest alncool

"Wow can't wait to update to this version.

Just a little question, from recovery should i use "update" or "install zip" ?

I'm actually running FR12 and would like to not wipe everything... :mellow:

funny. as far as i can tell the haptic feedback for the softkeys got much stronger (actually too strong) after updating to fr14 ... did anybody else notice this, too?
yes me - but I don't like it and want to change it/switch it off :mellow:

You are right. i feel a big difference actually.

I just made it half an hour ago and already forgot what I pressed :o

I guess it was "install zip from sd" ... hope so

Is the font color for the clock display in the notification bar fixed? I'm referring to the black-on-black issue for the clock in the Gingerbread theme.

Thanks!

This was only ever an issue if you selected conflicting options.

yes

But how can I switch off vibra of the four sensor-keys?

Why is the date set to the 28th of march?

You can't turn off the vibrate. Which date?

You're right, i'll revert it in the next build.

'install zip'.

P

Guest Trym Hansen

Confirmed - haptic feedback is way out of control. if you installed "Spare parts" you can turn it off from there.

::Trym

This was only ever an issue if you selected conflicting options.
You can't turn off the vibrate. Which date?
You're right, i'll revert it in the next build.
'install zip'.

P
Edited by Guest

Guest gensplejs

BAKING BAKING BAKING BAKING.... Aaaaand rebaking cuz i selected some wrong stuff.... Really need a kitchen update that remembers settings :-)