28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest maedox
where is the download link of FR13 or 14?? :mellow:

Please sign up for Adfree and stop whining.

Paul, this Fr14 update is the best ever! A lot of the lag seems to be gone. I have only been running it for a few minutes, but so far so good. I've recently been using "Settings > Apps > Manage" as a good indication. It would take for-freaking-ever to even be able to click an item and have it open the app details. Now it was a few seconds and the icons and everything was loaded. Thank you very much for your hard work! :o

Edit: Oh, by the way, my date got set to March 28 too.

Edited by maedox

Uploading a vibration-reduced boot image to the kitchen. You'll be able to either re-bake or flash manually if you're comfortable dd'ing the boot.img to /dev/block/mmcblk0p5.

P

Guest Rusty!
Uploading a vibration-reduced boot image to the kitchen. You'll be able to either re-bake or flash manually if you're comfortable dd'ing the boot.img to /dev/block/mmcblk0p5.

P

Worth sticking it in an update zip for anyone that isn't too comfortable with dd?

Guest gensplejs

P

Aaaaaand rebaking.... Must eat brains.... erm remember selections for kitchen that is....

Guest Trym Hansen

Major fail for fr14 for me. Cannot activate usb-storage. It unmounts the cards (on the phone), but they never get connected, the circle never stops spinning. When the screen times out, you go back to the green "activate usb-storage" screen. Clicking it then achieves nothing.

Just my setup, or anyone else?

Oh, and windows (W7x64) crashes when i reboot the phone. (lgusbx64.sys or something similar.)

::Trym

Guest gensplejs
Major fail for fr14 for me. Cannot activate usb-storage. It unmounts the cards (on the phone), but they never get connected, the circle never stops spinning. When the screen times out, you go back to the green "activate usb-storage" screen. Clicking it then achieves nothing.

Just my setup, or anyone else?

Oh, and windows (W7x64) crashes when i reboot the phone. (lgusbx64.sys or something similar.)

Excatly same problem here... Seems android unmounts the sd cards but windows cant see them.... Also getting BSOD from LG driver when rebooting the phone while connected to USB....

ARGH!

Guest gensplejs
I can replicate that problem with USB storage. Investigating. These are teething problems due to moving to CM kernel.

P

Ok... Probably a good idea not to post prebake before it is fixed... Or you might end up in a whine tornado :-)

Guest gensplejs
I can replicate that problem with USB storage. Investigating. These are teething problems due to moving to CM kernel.

P

Did you move compleetly to the CM kernel or just merge a few changes?

Did you move compleetly to the CM kernel or just merge a few changes?

I rebased on the CM kernel and made some tweaks to make it play nice with stock. I clearly missed one. :mellow:

P

Guest b3ndech0
My cursor is jumping arround random now while typing.... somebody else recognizing this?

Ok Problem didnt appear with the androidkeyboard, but systemsettings process crashes while try to edit androidkeyboard settings....

Guest Trym Hansen

Maybe the wrong time to mention this, but after having mucked about with FR14 a bit, then trying to start Stupid Zombies, it refused to start. (Displayed the splash screen, then back to desktop/homescreen.) Tried several times. Uninstalled, reinstalled, didn't help. Had to reboot to make it run.

This may have something to do with memory management, looks like SZ is asking for some memory and the phone answers "nope, you can't have it."

I've had similar problems with all FR editions and the market. (Time and date 100% correct.) I've downloaded apps, and they do download correctly, but they don't install until the 3rd or 4th attempt. For the same reason I believe, memory not available "right now."

I don't know which, if any, memory tweaks have been made, but I think memory management needs to be looked at.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest gensplejs
Maybe the wrong time to mention this, but aftir having mucked about with FR14 a bit, then trying to start Stupid Zombies, it refused to start. (Displayed the splash screen, then back to desktop/homescreen.) Tried several times. Uninstalled, reinstalled, didn't help. Had to reboot to make it run.

This may have something to do with memory management, looks like SZ is asking for some memory and the phone answers "nope, you can't have it."

I've had similar problems with all FR editions and the market. (Time and date 100% correct.) I've downloaded apps, and they do download correcty, but they don't install until the 3rd or 4th attempt. For the same reason I believe, memory not available "right now."

I don't which, if any, memory tweaks have been made, but I think memory management needs to be looked at.

I had problems with market once or twice... often after restoring a shitload of apps using TB.

I just cleared market data with TB and it works flawlessly again.

Guest Trym Hansen
I had problems with market once or twice... often after restoring a shitload of apps using TB.

I just cleared market data with TB and it works flawlessly again.

If the market data was corrupt or invalid, you'd expect the app to never install, not suddenly succeed after you tell it that you really mean it. Looks to me like stuff is being cached in RAM and not flushed correctly. I.e. you have to wait until cached stuff has been written to storage. Or in the case of SZ, not being moved at all, just occupying space permanently.

Of course, this never happens right away, but after having used the phone for awhile.

The market part may be a moot point, new kernel-base and all, but there is/was a problem starting large apps after having used the phone a bit on FR14. Back on stock for the moment, will test more when usb-fix arrives.

I rebased on the CM kernel and made some tweaks to make it play nice with stock. I clearly missed one. :mellow:

P

Just curious... Are we waiting for a fix for the "USB Storage thing" in FR14, or is it fixed in the kitchen already? :S

Thanks in advance!

Guest samsamhk
you need to be ad free member to see the kitchen

Thank you,but i already signed up free member,i use mobile phone

see the website,and really thank your reply,thx