28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Working on a fix now... short on time atm so not sure it'll be up today, sorry...

P

No rush... Just wanted to be sure whether i should update or not. Waiting for your fix then :mellow:

Guest b3ndech0

Just reflashed the rom and still got the keyboard issue... can somebody test to change androidkeyboard settings? Android settings process.keeps crashing for me while trying ...

Guest CopEater
Thank you,but i already signed up free member,i use mobile phone

see the website,and really thank your reply,thx

u should be sign up as ADFREE MEMBER and not free member :mellow:

If you don't use the USB mount functionality, I'd strongly recommend ugprading to Fr14 now and reflashing when the fix is up! :mellow:

P

Hmmm... I'll give it a try then :o

Edited by Guest

Guest d3rb3rt

hmm, maybe a stupid question: how will i get any further updates on my sdcard with fr14?

obviously, i can't mount usb while the device is booted.

adb push doesn't work: 'adb remount' tells me 'no device found' while the device is booted, in recovery, adb tells me 'unknown error'.

mounting usb through clockworkMod doesn't work either ....

any advice?

Edited by d3rb3rt

hmm, maybe a stupid question: how will i get any further updates on my sdcard with fr14?

adb push doesn't work: 'adb remount' tells me 'no device found' while the device is booted, in recovery, adb tells me 'unknown error'.

mounting usb through clockworkMod doesn't work either ....

any advice?

Either take it out of your device and put it in your PC, or 'adb push' the file to /sdcard/ while in recovery.

Uploading fix now.

P

Guest Trym Hansen

mounting usb through clockworlRecovery doesn't work either ....

any advice?

Any number of ways, the most obvious being removing the card from the phone and sticking it in a card reader attached to a computer.

You can alternatively install apps which let you transfer files via Wi-Fi, right off the top of my mind "Android Manager Wi-Fi" lets you do this.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest d3rb3rt
Either take it out of your device and put it in your PC, or 'adb push' the file to /sdcard/ while in recovery.

Uploading fix now.

P

since Fr14, i somehow cant connect via adb, also when in recovery. it gives me an 'unknown error' (what i'm trying is going to recovery, then 'adb remount').

Guest BigBlue007

Got the USB mass storage issue as well. PC (Win7 x64) BSODs with a STOP 0x0000007E error, referencing to lgandbus64.sys driver.

Since the performance gain in FR14 is really remarkable, I will keep it (no immediate need for using USB mass storage right now), but I do of course hope that there will be a fix shortly. :mellow:

BTW, Paul, since you need to fix this anyway, do you think you could also implement the removal of that crappy LG OTA updater thing which is of no use in your image anyway? I just checked and saw that /system/app/OmaDmclient.apk is still present.

Also, the gps.conf file is still missing. Would have been nice to see it in FR14.

Of course, we can implement both things easily on our own as well. Just a suggestion. :o

BTW, Paul, since you need to fix this anyway, do you think you could also implement the removal of that crappy LG OTA updater thing which is of no use in your image anyway? I just checked and saw that /system/app/OmaDmclient.apk is still present.

Ah yes, i'll do that before I do the prebakes.

Also, the gps.conf file is still missing. Would have been nice to see it in FR14.

Likewise, which gps.conf works best?

P

ok, one last stupid question: what does dd'able stand for?

Via 'dd'. It's one of those 'if you don't know, you probably don't want to do it.'

It's dangerous for the inexperienced.

P

Guest d3rb3rt
Via 'dd'. It's one of those 'if you don't know, you probably don't want to do it.'

It's dangerous for the inexperienced.

P

there's always a first time ... a hint would be enough (googling 'dd' is pretty useless, most results are about mammaries)

Guest davey4444

Sorry to butt in but Paul - can you check on my status for becoming ad-free having bought the superetrader package? I'd love to bake some ROMs but am stuck on a basic membership.

Thanks in advance.

Just reflashed the rom and still got the keyboard issue... can somebody test to change androidkeyboard settings? Android settings process.keeps crashing for me while trying ...

Had the same issue as well. I did cache wipe and it seems very stable now.

Guest BigBlue007
Likewise, which gps.conf works best?

NTP_SERVER=pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

BTW, is the "vibration fix" you uploaded 1 or 2 pages ago already in the kitchen, or do I have to flash this separately. Baked a new image 5 minutes ago from now.

Guest pfueldner

How to copy the latest FR14 with the USB connection fix to your SD card if you don't have a Micro SD Card adapter to use with your PC? Use Dropbox! Install the Dropbox app on your phone, bake the ROM, download it to your computer. Then copy it into your Dropbox folder and wait till it's fully synchronized with the cloud. Then open the Dropbox app on your phone, find the folder where you placed the ROM and download it to the phone (over WLAN, obviously). Use a file explorer to copy it from the Dropbox folder location to your SD card.

This should do the trick!