28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest norbee007

I just flashed this ROM hoping to achive never before seen speed and points in quadrant. My stock rom made around 2500 points but after I flashed I got 2700. Did I do soething wrong? Bcs I thought I would get around 3000 as I read before ...

I rebooted and run a few benchmarks again and now it's at 3200 so I'm happy. :mellow: Sorry for the distubance but I'm quite new to Android!

Edited by norbee007

Guest sauliux
Ahmm... nope. It simply means "downloadable". :mellow:

Heh, ok , I agree...

But anyway, that's not what Paul nor I meant by "dd" :o

Via 'dd'. It's one of those 'if you don't know, you probably don't want to do it.'

It's dangerous for the inexperienced.

P

Guest maedox
I just flashed this ROM hoping to achive never before seen speed and points in quadrant. My stock rom made around 2500 points but after I flashed I got 2700. Did I do soething wrong? Bcs I thought I would get around 3000 as I read before ...

I rebooted and run a few benchmarks again and now it's at 3200 so I'm happy. :mellow: Sorry for the distubance but I'm quite new to Android!

3200 is very nice! :o

A note on performance tweaks though; They won't always give you higher benchmark scores, but improves the overall user experience. This is especially the case in the O2X where LG has done a terrible job and Paul is doing fantastic work on fixing it. We need better drivers and perhaps Gingerbread to get better scores at this point I believe, but I wouldn't be surprised if Paul's got some nice tricks he hasn't used yet. :D

Edited by maedox

Guest Marco_CH

if the battery indicator does not update, is it dangerous to charge it over night? does the battery now get overcharged and killed? i mean how should the device know when its full??

if the battery indicator does not update, is it dangerous to charge it over night? does the battery now get overcharged and killed? i mean how should the device know when its full??

I am going back to Fr12 since it was the best yet. the battery indicator is different(but the same) every time I restart the device, it shows 79% or 91%. each restart the numbers change and play around randomly, also quadrant results are below 3000

Guest mauaus
I am going back to Fr12 since it was the best yet. the battery indicator is different(but the same) every time I restart the device, it shows 79% or 91%. each restart the numbers change and play around randomly, also quadrant results are below 3000

Paul is testing the fix right now, this build feels infinitely smoother than fr12 for me at least so thats better than any useless quadrant result.

Guest mauaus
The file needs to be inside a zip file along with the Edify update-binary and update-script files that tell the recovery what to do.

ooook then ahahha no idea what to do :mellow: