28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gensplejs

I have some odd behavior when rebooting into recovery from FR14. about 50% of the time the phone just shuts off.

When i turn it back on it boots into recovery. I never had this bug before.

It happens when using yur reboot app to reboot or rom manager.

Guest mauaus
I have some odd behavior when rebooting into recovery from FR14. about 50% of the time the phone just shuts off.

When i turn it back on it boots into recovery. I never had this bug before.

It happens when using yur reboot app to reboot or rom manager.

I got the same thing too.

Guest gaeng4665

quick question, i got my lg today... so not very familiar with the behavior of the ext4 conversion on an update flash... So every time i install an frxx over my previous one, clearing only dalvic-cache and cache my internal sd will be erased??

thx for the quick reply

Guest Squide
quick question, i got my lg today... so not very familiar with the behavior of the ext4 conversion on an update flash... So every time i install an frxx over my previous one, clearing only dalvic-cache and cache my internal sd will be erased??

thx for the quick reply

do a nandroid backup

then flash directly if you have already got Fr4 or later

Guest gaeng4665
do a nandroid backup

then flash directly if you have already got Fr4 or later

thx for the reply, but that was not my question.

It is stated in the op that if you flash an frxx build it will erase your internal sd for the ext4 conversion. But if i already have flashed an frxx build and my internal sd already is in ext4 format, will it still erase the data on the internal sd??

Guest NeoID

My top wishlist:

* Would it be hard to switch the Bluetooth stack with a stock one? I have a hard time connection anything else then a headset. :mellow:

* Not sure why, but on some apps that uses the camera, like the WordPress app or a barcode scanner app I struggle with my cam (driver?).

In the WordPress app for example, I only can record video on the lowest resolution for ten seconds while I can record 720p with no limit on my Desire HD.

Guest Rusty!
thx for the reply, but that was not my question.

It is stated in the op that if you flash an frxx build it will erase your internal sd for the ext4 conversion. But if i already have flashed an frxx build and my internal sd already is in ext4 format, will it still erase the data on the internal sd??

It won't touch the internal SD card, that's FAT for use in Windows.

Guest cvitur1

Hi Paul-

I noticed in the change notes for fr14, you mentioned support for Korean devices with the Home button. Does that mean the home button and capacitive buttons on Korean O2Xs (SU660) should work? Do I need to do anything special to enable this support or just install the rom via CWM? Thanks!!

Guest poi2005

Hi Paul,

Fr14 has excluded chinese language(traditional), will you put it back in the next update?

Or is there any file I can DD or flash it?

Thanks.

Guest 719rock
Hi Paul,

Fr14 has excluded chinese language(traditional), will you put it back in the next update?

Or is there any file I can DD or flash it?

Thanks.

yah~i want language(traditional)...... english not will.....

bro plz~~~

Guest Marco_CH

FR14 froze when I tried to open android.modaco.com on the stock browser. trying to shut it off the device began constantly to vibrate. had to remove battery.

never had such a shutdown with any previous FR versions. seems unstable. had to downgrade.

Guest mauaus
FR14 froze when I tried to open android.modaco.com on the stock browser. trying to shut it off the device began constantly to vibrate. had to remove battery.

never had such a shutdown with any previous FR versions. seems unstable. had to downgrade.

That happened to me with stock and dolphin browser...

Guest abwyatt

Anyone know how i can bake in the LG Phone Dialer? I use video calls often so I need this functionality.

I have baked fr12 to fr14, all of which I have unselected the Google Dialer and Contacts. I assume that by doing this, the LG Dialer gets baked in.

However that does not seem to be the case. Launching the dialer brings up the Google dialer. I have to hit End call in order to see the LG Dialer which appears briefly. If I am quick, and hit the Video Call button that is on the LG Dialer before it disappears, I can make a video call.

Something is not right. Hope someone can help.

Guest Aduck79
Anyone know how i can bake in the LG Phone Dialer? I use video calls often so I need this functionality.

I have baked fr12 to fr14, all of which I have unselected the Google Dialer and Contacts. I assume that by doing this, the LG Dialer gets baked in.

However that does not seem to be the case. Launching the dialer brings up the Google dialer. I have to hit End call in order to see the LG Dialer which appears briefly. If I am quick, and hit the Video Call button that is on the LG Dialer before it disappears, I can make a video call.

Something is not right. Hope someone can help.

You should select "PC Sync + On Screen Phone + MITS"

Guest abwyatt
You should select "PC Sync + On Screen Phone + MITS"

I have had that selected. Any other thoughts?

It seems that the LG Dialer is there in the ROM but the Call/Dialer shortcuts are bringing up the Google Dialer which does not have the Video Call button. The LG Dialer appears to be behind the Google Dialer and I see it when I hit the end call button on the Google Dialer. The LG Dialer is functional if I quickly hit the Video Call button as I described previously.

Guest alvari
I have had that selected. Any other thoughts?

It seems that the LG Dialer is there in the ROM but the Call/Dialer shortcuts are bringing up the Google Dialer which does not have the Video Call button. The LG Dialer appears to be behind the Google Dialer and I see it when I hit the end call button on the Google Dialer. The LG Dialer is functional if I quickly hit the Video Call button as I described previously.

What about when you open the dialer, go to contacts, long press a contact and there select "Video call contact"?

Guest conceptics

Upgraded to FR14 yesterday:

- battery stuck at 100%

- USB connection not working properly - even crashed (freezed) my PC!

Downgraded back to FR12 and then, after reading the forum a bit, decided to upgrade again yesterday before midnight after reading that the battery issue should be resolved. Upgraded, then played around it a while and then decided to plug it into the charger overnight.

- Sleep of death occured. Had to take out the battery this morning. Lucky I didn't sleep in. Could this be related to the option "disable full battery popup"? (first time I baked it with this option) :S

- sent/received SMS/MMS texts are not sorted properly, start from top again?!

As far as I can tell, the obvious 'bugs' I had with most previous versions are still present:

- can't send MMS via my provider sunrise (Switzerland) despite correct APN entries (see previous post from me on this issue)

- Internet connection problems using 3G (H and E work fine)

- sending SMS annoyance with 3G enabled (need to resend a couple of times until it finally goes out)

Guest Java Huan

Exactly what i experienced 1hr before........ :mellow: