28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ghale

I have the same issue after update!

My battery is at 100% from yesterday evening!

Paul, have you enabled the 1.21 Gigawatts mode, maybe? :mellow:

Upgraded to FR14 yesterday:

- battery stuck at 100%

- Sleep of death occured.

Guest sibbor
- Sleep of death occured. Had to take out the battery this morning. Lucky I didn't sleep in. Could this be related to the option "disable full battery popup"? (first time I baked it with this option) :S

- sent/received SMS/MMS texts are not sorted properly, start from top again?!

- can't send MMS via my provider sunrise (Switzerland) despite correct APN entries (see previous post from me on this issue)

- Internet connection problems using 3G (H and E work fine)

- sending SMS annoyance with 3G enabled (need to resend a couple of times until it finally goes out)

Sleep of death happent to me yesterday night. After a phone call was ended and the device was laying for 5 mins on the table, in sleep mode, I couldn't fire it up again. The LED:s was lightning up though. It might be the application Optimus 2X Notifications though. I'm gonna remove it.

Regarding the SMS issue - check your date.

As far as I can tell, the obvious 'bugs' I had with most previous versions are still present:

Actually think I've noticed the other stuff too. Had huge problems getting an MMS sent a couple of days before, even though on earlier FR I had no issues whatsoever.

Sometimes now I also have problems using data from my provider, even though the APN:s are correctly configured. Switching to WiFi mostly fixes it, as long as it's repsonding - SOMETIMES the WiFi just doesn't...

Guest abwyatt
What about when you open the dialer, go to contacts, long press a contact and there select "Video call contact"?

hahaha :o .. egg on face! Once again the problem is created in the users head.

Have come from HTC Sense (Touch HD) and this is my first Android. LG's implementation of the video call dialing is very different to HTC, and guess my brain is still stuck in HTC mode :mellow:

Thanks for the help guys!

Guest djmcnz

Thought I should chime in...

After three weeks of bliss on Fr10 I upgraded to Fr14 last night... I'd been avoiding the hassle of a baseband update.

* Stock browser locked up on MoDaCo pretty much as soon as I booted

* Sleep of death last night while charging, no screen, LED or ADB access this morning = battery pull

I'm running identical kitchen options as I was in Fr10 and with Fr10 I never had a single unexplainable instability so it's a pity to regress.

Stock LG Theme+No Battery Popup+Stock Lockscreen+Mostly LG Apps - I baked after the battery fix went in.

I will stick with Fr14 for at least today (because I have a baseband downgrade dance to do to go back to Fr10) and keep an eye on this thread.

Edited by djmcnz

with FR14 my contacts don't sync with gmail!

I had the same issue aswell I reverted back to Fr12 since it was the most stable for me. Hope paul can fix it.

Hey,

no problems (as well no syncprob) using FR14, very nice. The only thing was that batterystatus seemed not to decrease (always @ 100%), but after new calibrating the problem was solved :o

Thanks a lot and keep that really nice work on :mellow:

Edited by N0r0

Guest RotoTrol_P990

Updated to FR14:

- Touchscreen seems to be more reactive than it used to be in FR13;

- Faster boot of the device;

- Improved overall smoothness and speed;

- Wi-Fi tethering doesn't work anymore;

- Battery level was erroneously shown as 87% upon first reboot, even if battery voltage was showing 4160 mV. Battery level is now increasing even with charger disconnected, I wonder if the phone will eventually manage to keep up with the previous calibration;

- 3G connection sometimes fails when Wi-Fi is set to shut down at screen power off and the phone comes back from sleep: switching airplane mode on and off seems to fix it.

By the way: yesterday - for the first time since I own this phone - I got a black screen of death while still on FR13. From what I've been told, my phone was still registered to the network as apparently one could call me and hear the tone but my phone simply stayed shut. Removing the battery fixed the problem (but I missed some calls :mellow: )

Heya (refering to my last post, two ones above),

unfortunately there still exist the batterey problem (tried to use 'Battery Callibration'-application) but it goes up to battery charge of 100% within 4-5 minutes and goes down in a similar fast way. Any idea? (read of CWMbug?)

I think it's not a batterydrainage prob but a wrong charge of battery - measering

Thanks a lot (anyway a nice rom :mellow:)

Edited by N0r0

Heya (refering to my last post, two ones above),

unfortunately there still exist the batterey problem (tried to use 'Battery Callibration'-application) but it goes up to battery charge of 100% within 4-5 minutes and goes down in a similar fast way. Any idea? (read of CWMbug?)

I think it's not a batterydrainage prob but a wrong charge of battery - measering

Thanks a lot (anyway a nice rom :mellow:)

It's. A well known issue. Paul is investigating.

Guest Hooolm

Three issues related to Wi-Fi.

I've always felt that my phones use less power on Wi-Fi than 3G/H, so I'm trying to set my Wi-Fi to never sleep.

Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > (menu) > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never.

So far, so good, but I have to save the setting, which is usually done by pressing (menu) > Save

Issue 1: Unfortunately, when pressing the menu button, I get a haptic feedback buzz, but nothing else, and my sleep policy > Never setting isnt' preserved.

Issue 1.1: In the same Advanced submenu, I'd expect to find a setting for Regulatory domain. Where'd that go?

Furthermore, I have a Wi-Fi network at home, one at work and another at a third location. I've been connected to them all, saved passwords, and they all work fine, when I'm connected.

Issue 2: When I get to either place in the morning or evening, I have to turn the o2x's Wi-Fi off and on again, otherwise it just stays on 3G. If I manually access the Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings, my network is listed as Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK. I can click it and connect, but nothing happens on its own.

I'm on Fr13. It's been the same on 10, 11 and 12.

Full wipe before flash.

Only user apps restored via Titanium.

All and any constructive input appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by Hooolm

Guest johnnydj
Just had a reboot on my phone with Fr14. Was not touching the phone when it rebooted.

thanks, that will help us solve all the problems now :mellow:

I flashed the Fr14 again today after a revert to Fr12 last night.

Seems like the MCK-cm-r1 simply doesn't want to play along :mellow:

Hope it can be fixed, the general feeling is that the device works faster and smother but the battery indicator simply wont move and each reboot shows a different number, also there seemed to be an issue with simply web browsing, the device just freezes randomly and getting stuck.

And as i am writing this post it just died(Completely frozen), Its battery pull time.

Edited by aaww

Guest BrumBrum74
thanks, that will help us solve all the problems now :D

Well not easy to say why the reboot came since I didn't do anything. :mellow:

Will keep an eye on the phone to see if it happens again. :o

Hmmm if I do not flash the recommended baseband for the FR12 rom. Will it have any bugs or defects for the FR14 rom?

NOP

Baseband effects Radio (Bluetooth,WIFI,Calls...)

Guest Aricci

I installer fr14... i seems better and faster. But i think there is a issue: my battery status is freezing or sumting. The percentage doesnt change. Only if i reboot i see original status of the battery but it freeze again after reboot. (I;m talking about batterstatus in statusbar)

Also a question about baseband:

when i check for updates on my phone it finds one. It must be the baseband update. i download it but after ompleting the download i get a error. I think its because ive insalled a custom rom.

Where can i find the dutch baseband and how to install it"? do i really need a update,is it important?

Guest vork_droid

Fr14 works nice for me. No weird behaviour or high battery drain. Added this as a Custom Ingredient (20 MB more ram by djmcnz + some own tweaks + su660 bootanimation). One fix don't want to apply via init.d script directly (maybe it is executed to early). If you enter:

su

cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

in a terminal emulator and deadline isn't slected enter

echo deadline > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/fifo_batch

Not necessary but tweaked deadline is working nice for me.

Edit: selecting deadline should work now (not tested but I think I found the issue)

Edited by vork_droid

Guest abwyatt
Fr14 is screaming fast in benchmarks... Had 3766 points in smartbench!

Haven't benchmarked it but yes, agree FR14 is a screamer! The phone does seem to run hotter although I do not have any objective measures. Hotter usually means more power consumption, so wondering about impact on battery cycle.

I had some random lock-ups initially so did a wipe first before re-installing. That seems to have fixed the lockups.

The only bug I have noticed so far has been the WiFi (and USB) tethering problem that was reported by others earlier. Neither is working for me.

Guest b3ndech0
Haven't benchmarked it but yes, agree FR14 is a screamer! The phone does seem to run hotter although I do not have any objective measures. Hotter usually means more power consumption, so wondering about impact on battery cycle.

I had some random lock-ups initially so did a wipe first before re-installing. That seems to have fixed the lockups.

The only bug I have noticed so far has been the WiFi (and USB) tethering problem that was reported by others earlier. Neither is working for me.

battery seems to hold longer for me. Device is now running about 7.5 hours and i still got 78% left. Used it normal (3 calls, 15-20mins gameing, 10-20 mins surfing!) :mellow: