28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djmcnz

Guys this should not become a general discussion or benchmark thread (again). Really, unless it's specifically related to this ROM and hasn't been posted before it's not helpful.

Neither are posts that say I can't do this or that without supporting analysis and evidence...

Edited by djmcnz

Guest gensplejs
Think i'm going to revert to MCK r9 and just pull in the relevant CM kernel parts (since MCK r9 was rather good!)

P

Well... then im sticking with the FR14 i have now till CM7 comes out.

For me this is the best rom yet. Only bug i have is the wifi tether wont turn on. But i never use that so i dont really care at all :-)

Guest CyberBob78

I´ve flashed from FR12 Vanilla to FR14 now. Everything works fine, battery and usb-mounting too. I could only reproduce the wifi-tether issue but that doesn´t matter to me at the moment.

Guest sibbor
Have just reverted to R13. R14 was very quick, particularly during app startup, but seemed to suffer from issues resuming from hibernation and randomly losing cellular service (not just data). Also had it spontaneously start playing music while asleep, completely randomly!

Will look forward to an R15 (Pauls time permitting); am happy with R13 as a daily drive but the performance improvements made thus far would be welcome :mellow:

Those issues too. Had to pull the battery twice. ADB didn't even reach my phone. Regarding the phone playing sound randomly: I noticed that my device started playing an AMR file that I've recorded with the provided Sound Recorder when I recieved a notification. Couldn't get it to stop in any simple way. Also my images seems to dissapear from my gallery and the device doesn't find my custom ringtones and notification sounds. So I think there's some kind of media issue.

I like FR14 otherwise. It's fast, real fast. Perhaps benchmarking scores is down a bit (get a lot of 2750-2800 Quadrant Scores; sometimes ~3000), but hey, it feels butter smooth now instead.

Guest mauaus
Those issues too. Had to pull the battery twice. ADB didn't even reach my phone. Regarding the phone playing sound randomly: I noticed that my device started playing an AMR file that I've recorded with the provided Sound Recorder when I recieved a notification. Couldn't get it to stop in any simple way. Also my images seems to dissapear from my gallery and the device doesn't find my custom ringtones and notification sounds. So I think there's some kind of media issue.

I like FR14 otherwise. It's fast, real fast. Perhaps benchmarking scores is down a bit (get a lot of 2750-2800 Quadrant Scores; sometimes ~3000), but hey, it feels butter smooth now instead.

I love Fr14, im keeping it till paul releases something better and im having some issues like crashes, reboots, not frequent though

Guest djmcnz
...it feels butter smooth now instead...

I understand the sentiment but a Nexus One (and of course the Nexus S) is what I would call "butter smooth" wrt user interface interactions.

I don't know what's going on with this basecode but it is clearly, obviously, demonstrably slower than a Nexus One at 1.13 for UI interactions.

I've tried perhaps 10 O2x's (I work at a telco) and also bench 3000 consistently with this (and obviously MUCH lower with the N1) but I tell you - this is slower, much, much slower at UI stuff than either Nexus, even the 15 month old one.

Everything UI and package manager related it disproportionately slow. Lets not kid ourselves, NOBODY is having an optimum experience. It may be satisfying but it's still miles off target.

Period, forget the subjectivity.

Guest Sigge
I understand the sentiment but a Nexus One (and of course the Nexus S) is what I would call "butter smooth" wrt user interface interactions.

I don't know what's going on with this basecode but it is clearly, obviously, demonstrably slower than a Nexus One at 1.13 for UI interactions.

I've tried perhaps 10 O2x's (I work at a telco) and also bench 3000 consistently with this (and obviously MUCH lower with the N1) but I tell you - this is slower, much, much slower at UI stuff than either Nexus, even the 15 month old one.

Everything UI and package manager related it disproportionately slow. Lets not kid ourselves, NOBODY is having an optimum experience. It may be satisfying but it's still miles off target.

Period, forget the subjectivity.

I completely agree with this. The performance of the x2 is miles behind any similar hardware equiped smartphone on the market. My old htc hd2 with hyperdroid rom yields a much smooter experience.

Guest Squide

Using Fr14, Stock Browser hang up 2 times last night.. (Completely Frozen my phone)

Almost need to pull the battery.. and sometimes android show up the process is not responding.. Terminate or Wait..

Never have such problem when using Fr13

I guess something wrong with the Fr14's new kernel..

Planning to revert to Fr13 :mellow:

Edited by Squide

Guest hkfriends

hi paul

can you also revert to support Chinese language?

cheers :mellow:

Think i'm going to revert to MCK r9 and just pull in the relevant CM kernel parts (since MCK r9 was rather good!)

P

Guest 719rock
hi paul

can you also revert to support Chinese language?

cheers :o

i just paid for MoDaCo Ad Free + Online Kitchens yesterday

update to support Chinese Traditional language plz

Otherwise I can not use the kitchen :mellow:

Guest JKIceman

Hi, i had also some issues with Fr14, it froze on me a couple of times. I have a game called Braketheblocks on it and it crashed the phone frequently, sometimes after a while it unfroze sometimes not. I don't have any other game on my phone so i don't know i it is a general issue. I converted back to Fr13 and the problem is gone.

Guest MrMastodon

Noticed another weird thing with the stock lockscreen, the sliders leave a "shadow", in the sense that when you activate one slider, the other normally disappairs. Now, the other (non-activated) slider disappairs, but leave a shadow in the same way, as I have previously posted, that the charger, date and alarm-time leaves a shadow that gets overwritten by the new information.

Unable to get a screenshot, when I hit home, the sliders pop back to their original position.

Kinda like a CRT screen-burn...

Does the lock-screen keep a log-file for information displayed?

Edit: Got slightly scared for a moment, I forgot I was rewiewing screenshots of the lockscreen, so when I turned the screen on, I couldn't figure out why on earth I had to unlock the device twice, ond the most scary part, why the whole screen moved, when I tried to unlock!

Edited by MrMastodon

Guest johnnydj
Noticed another weird thing with the stock lockscreen, the sliders leave a "shadow", in the sense that when you activate one slider, the other normally disappairs. Now, the other (non-activated) slider disappairs, but leave a shadow in the same way, as I have previously posted, that the charger, date and alarm-time leaves a shadow that gets overwritten by the new information.

Unable to get a screenshot, when I hit home, the sliders pop back to their original position.

Kinda like a CRT screen-burn...

Does the lock-screen keep a log-file for information displayed?

Edit: Got slightly scared for a moment, I forgot I was rewiewing screenshots of the lockscreen, so when I turned the screen on, I couldn't figure out why on earth I had to unlock the device twice, ond the most scary part, why the whole screen moved, when I tried to unlock!

are you using ADW Launcher or something?

sometimes ADW Launcher does stupid things like that and just have to restart ADW Launcher from his settings.

Guest MrMastodon

I use Go Launcher EX, but didn't think the launcher could mess up the lockscreen... Anyhow, will try this the next time it happens!

Guest 719rock
I didn't remove Chinese language... when did it disappear? :mellow:

P

i don't know,Installation is complete the FR14 reboot fisrt

Select Language it disappear for Chinese .......

:o :D :D :D ;) :D :( :( :(

Guest alvari
I use Go Launcher EX, but didn't think the launcher could mess up the lockscreen... Anyhow, will try this the next time it happens!

I've had the same problem with the google launcher and lockscreen. No other launchers installed.

edit: I mean the shadow text problem

Edited by alvari

Guest MrMastodon
I've had the same problem with the google launcher and lockscreen. No other launchers installed.

edit: I mean the shadow text problem

So this is probably _not_ a launcher problem (as I thought...)

But then what?

Guest Elte Hupkes

Reverted back to Fr13, my text problem is gone. However, Fr13 seems to be syncing all the time (the sync item shows in the status bar), and is thus draining the battery. The only way to make it stop is to explicitly tell it not to sync.

support traditional chinese!!!

Paul, is there anyway you can add the option of using the "GT540 contacts app" just because i like the option of adding 'social id' to my contacts manually, so i can use nick names on my contact list and see their facebook updates.

and is there anyway to have facebook for LG without installing twitter at the same time? only because i dont use twitter and probably never will.

thanks!!

Guest MeX_DK
support traditional chinese!!!

Paul, is there anyway you can add the option of using the "GT540 contacts app" just because i like the option of adding 'social id' to my contacts manually, so i can use nick names on my contact list and see their facebook updates.

and is there anyway to have facebook for LG without installing twitter at the same time? only because i dont use twitter and probably never will.

thanks!!

My LG does the first already. I just make the contacts with the names I want, and then link them with their Facebook/Twitter manually and they actually keep the "name" I have given them. So I dont know why you want another contacts app when the LG O2X does what you want already out of the box.

And if you dont like twitter then why not simply uninstall SNS and then install facebook on its own?