28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest eric1241
Thanks! i will try my best....but i havent see new message........anyway thanks!

sorry i miss your words, asop! Sorry

Guest Squide
Could you please tell me how to backup and appear the Tradition Chinese except using MoreLocale2?

go to clockworkmod backup, then flash Fr16 without wipe.

only the system changr, all my app, settings still there.

I don't need to use morelocale2.

Traditional Chinese is included in Stock Rom

Guest audioph1le

Guys try Slick2X-G V4.0, based on 2.3.4 and it's so much faster then fr15. It got also a 64mb ramhack :unsure:

But if u want a stable ROM, keep using fr15.

Guest Paul

Here's something to cheer everyone up on a Monday morning? Still been working away at the Dialer battery drain problem, it's a real nightmare one to diagnose and test but i've been gradually reverse engineering everything that could cause the issue. Anyhow, here's a battery stats screenshot after a 9 hour test... looking promising eh? :unsure:

P

2x9hourtest.png

Guest sanfran
Here's something to cheer everyone up on a Monday morning? Still been working away at the Dialer battery drain problem, it's a real nightmare one to diagnose and test but i've been gradually reverse engineering everything that could cause the issue. Anyhow, here's a battery stats screenshot after a 9 hour test... looking promising eh? :unsure:

P

Oh yes, please release! ;-)

Thanks for the great work!

Robert

Edited by sanfran

Guest Paul

Kitchen updated!

I have also moved to naming Beta releases so kitchen users can keep up with changes. Prebakes will be up when release leaves Beta (as Beta updates are very frequent!)

P

Changelog

16 May Fr16 Beta 1

• Addition 64MB RAM hack (thanks Kiljacken)
  • GPS improvements

Guest aaww

P

2x9hourtest.png

I remember that the weekends are usually your family time. Paul your effort is deeply appreciated !

Is the 64MB tweak will be optional ? (I have read on XDA that some games wont run because of it).

Thank you again Paul.

Guest rootbox00
Kitchen updated!

I have also moved to naming Beta releases so kitchen users can keep up with changes. Prebakes will be up when release leaves Beta (as Beta updates are very frequent!)

P

Changelog

16 May Fr16 Beta 1

• Addition 64MB RAM hack (thanks Kiljacken)
  • GPS improvements

including your Dialer work-around?

Guest maedox

Brilliant Paul! Thank you very much. I haven't seen any particular problem with the Dialer after I installed the first edition of Fr16, but progress is always good. Just make sure we can still make and receive calls. :unsure:

Guest Paul
I remember that the weekends are usually your family time. Paul your effort is deeply appreciated !

Is the 64MB tweak will be optional ? (I have read on XDA that some games wont run because of it).

Thank you again Paul.

Oh really? That's the first i'd heard of any side-effects...

P

Guest federicoc

Hi Paul,

it seems that the 64MB hack screw up the video recording.

I have also a request: could you add the OC/UV kernel interface to your ROM? At least UV is what I really want.

Thanks for your incredible work!

F.

Guest Husum182
64MB ramhack coming for Fr16 today.

Here's something to cheer everyone up on a Monday morning? Still been working away at the Dialer battery drain problem, it's a real nightmare one to diagnose and test but i've been gradually reverse engineering everything that could cause the issue. Anyhow, here's a battery stats screenshot after a 9 hour test... looking promising eh? smile.gif

Wow, that looks great Paul! Cant wait to try it out.

Edit - sorry for double post :unsure:

Thanks for your hard work :)

Edited by Husum182

Guest Paul
Hi Paul,

it seems that the 64MB hack screw up the video recording.

I have also a request: could you add the OC/UV kernel interface to your ROM? At least UV is what I really want.

Thanks for your incredible work!

F.

Video recording seems to be fine here. Is it actually screwed up on yours or is that something you've read?

Not adding OC/UV at this time, but may do so once everything else is done and stable. :unsure:

P

Guest federicoc

No no I'm only referring something that I read on XDA.

I will bake my ROM in few minutes.

Thanks

F.

Edited by federicoc

Guest Paul
No no I'm only referring to something that I read on XDA.

I will bake my ROM in few minutes.

Thanks

F.

I just recorded a video no problem.

P

Guest aaww
Oh really? That's the first i'd heard of any side-effects...

P

I have seen that you have tweeted about the 64mb with the link to XDA there are a few people that are unhappy about this there.

I know it sounds strange since there are no games that require more then 64mb ram yet(from what I know).

My Laptops SSD HD controller just died along side with history and some important files. ill try to use my crappy 1101ha netbook to find the comment on XDA, i remember for sure someone wrote something about a game that wont start.

it could be a noob but still.

Ill post as soon as i find it.

Cheers and thank you so much for everything you do !

Guest mostrapotski

Zooming 8 megapixels photos in the LG gallery make a part of the picture replaced by black square, as if the zoom cannot be processed for the whole image.

Edit: It's the first time i have that issue, may be a side effect of the 64 mb hack?

Edited by mostrapotski

Guest federicoc

Same problem here with Fr16beta1; not only some black square but also if you zoom on different images, following squares are not black but filled with previous images block.

Anyway I can survive with this glitch, 64 more MB seems to have great positive impact on device smoothness.

F.

Guest tmirage
I have seen that you have tweeted about the 64mb with the link to XDA there are a few people that are unhappy about this there.

I know it sounds strange since there are no games that require more then 64mb ram yet(from what I know).

My Laptops SSD HD controller just died along side with history and some important files. ill try to use my crappy 1101ha netbook to find the comment on XDA, i remember for sure someone wrote something about a game that wont start.

it could be a noob but still.

Ill post as soon as i find it.

Cheers and thank you so much for everything you do !

dont you mean this post? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=26

See the answer from the topic starter kiljacken on this page. appears to be the game itself.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...8846&page=4

(If it is this post you mean.)

Guest Paul
Same problem here with Fr16beta1; not only some black square but also if you zoom on different images, following squares are not black but filled with previous images block.

Anyway I can survive with this glitch, 64 more MB seems to have great positive impact on device smoothness.

F.

OK, i'll make the 64MB RAM hack an optional extra in the kitchen I think!

P