28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest BrumBrum74

LG in Norway said bugfix firmware was sent to some internal testing last week and if ok they would release it within 2 weeks.

Guest tanoxxx
Now benching ~3300 on first Quadrant run with forthcoming Fr16 Beta 3. Better than before and most importantly, it now feels even smoother. :)

P

Great New!!!!!! :unsure:

Paul when you release it?

Thanks

Guest Elte Hupkes

I just noticed on Fr16 beta 2 that when I receive a phone call I have to press screen unlock before I can pick up. That's not normal behavior, right?

I kinda regret wiping my battery stats after Fr15 by the way, I used to be able to keep it on for 2 days straight and charge at around 30%, now it gets there in one day.. Hopefully it will get better once it's fully calibrated.

Guest Paul
I just noticed on Fr16 beta 2 that when I receive a phone call I have to press screen unlock before I can pick up. That's not normal behavior, right?

I kinda regret wiping my battery stats after Fr15 by the way, I used to be able to keep it on for 2 days straight and charge at around 30%, now it gets there in one day.. Hopefully it will get better once it's fully calibrated.

Will fix that for Fr16b3.

P

Guest sanfran
If you have the wrong colour clock, you've selected conflicting options.

P

Hi Paul,

I alltimes cook with the same apps, tried now three times but without success.....

Any idea what changed since yesterday?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Guest 75markus

paul, may i ask again, is it possible to reduce ramhack to 32mb to get all galleries working ?

(give GPU 96mb instead of 64mb ??)

is it worth to think about ?

by the way, is LG Gallery really harware accelerated ?

i haven´t tried google gallery in your roms yet, but LG Gallery is really fast, i want to keep it :unsure:

Edited by 75markus

Guest Paul
Paul,

Any chance that you will release the "battery" patch for the stock rom when you have confirmed it works?

It's possible, i'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

P

Guest Trym Hansen

Rumour-mill news:

LG has supposedly issued an update today which intends to fix lockups and reboots. Anybody get it yet?

AND

Paul has tweeted that he has found another significant screw-up in the LG-code, and that is O2x now feels as fast as his GSII.

Let the speculations begin...

:Trym

Guest Paul

Kitchen updated, including aforementioned performance tweak. Should feel blazin' fast now. :unsure:

P

Changelog

16 May Fr16 Beta 3

• A new change that should give a noticeable improvement in performance!
  • Reverted some changes to Phone app behaviour
  • Updated Adobe Flash to 10.3
  • Minor kitchen tweak (moved some test apps into the test app / hidden menu item)

Guest wc326
Rumour-mill news:

LG has supposedly issued an update today which intends to fix lockups and reboots. Anybody get it yet?

AND

Paul has tweeted that he has found another significant screw-up in the LG-code, and that is O2x now feels as fast as his GSII.

Let the speculations begin...

:Trym

where is the link for paul's tweeter??? :unsure:

Guest stuartrace

Hey Paul, very minor thing (and I'm not sure if it's just my laptop doing it or not), but I think the 'revert SQLFix patch to stock' is ticked as default I think, which I was glad I noticed to untick, is that as you'd desire? I guess it might be because of adding that extra option for the 64mb cache that the default ticks have been moved over one? Now downloading, looking forward to flashing :unsure:

Guest wc326
Excellent, my 2X pretty much feels as fast as my GSII now. :-D

From Paul's tweeters :) :unsure: why not faster than GSII yet!!!

can i ask if you are using 64 MB ram Hack with your New rf16 beta 3 that has achieved the speed as fast as SGS2?

Edited by wc326

Guest Paul
Hey Paul, very minor thing (and I'm not sure if it's just my laptop doing it or not), but I think the 'revert SQLFix patch to stock' is ticked as default I think, which I was glad I noticed to untick, is that as you'd desire? I guess it might be because of adding that extra option for the 64mb cache that the default ticks have been moved over one? Now downloading, looking forward to flashing :unsure:

That's deliberate. Since we've had 1 SQL corruption, it makes sense I think!

P

Guest tanoxxx

Great Paullllll!!

Thansk!!

I dowloading it :unsure:

Only one speed question before downloading beta3

what do you recommend, Revert SQLite Library to Stock or install SQLite Library'speed tweak?

sorry for the question, i hope you answer, i wait it, and after i download the super beta 3 :)

Thanks

Guest Paul
Great Paullllll!!

Thansk!!

I dowloading it :unsure:

Only one speed question before downloading beta3

what do you recommend, Revert SQLite Library to Stock or install SQLite Library'speed tweak?

sorry for the question, i hope you answer, i wait it, and after i download the super beta 3 :)

Thanks

I have used it with no issue, but there is a risk to your data on unexpected power loss. If you use it, avoid pulling the battery at random. :P

P

Guest tanoxxx

Ok, really thansk for the reply, i dont use it, maybe can be better don't use it :unsure:

Again thanks for your work!:)

Edited by tanoxxx

Guest Nolsen

Paul, what "settings" have you chosen in the kitchen ? I mean what have you chosen to get it running as smotth as you got it ?

And btw thx for all your hard work, even with new toys :unsure:

Edited by Nolsen

Guest wc326
Revert SQLite Library to Stock

When cooking a rom, should i click on this or unclick for better performance?

Edited by wc326

Guest andy weiss

thx paul, you are amazing.

its already 1am here, i can't sleep waiting for my download to be finished, can't hardly wait to flash :unsure:

Guest Paul
Paul, what "settings" have you chosen in the kitchen ? I mean what have you chosen to get it running as smotth as you got it ?

And btw thx for all your hard work, even with new toys :unsure:

For testing purposes i'm basically using all the default options.

P

Guest Paul
When cooking a rom, should i click on this or unclick for better performance?

For performance, uncheck. For safety, check. :unsure:

P