28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest viperDono
There are instructions in the first post in the thread that is linked to.

I would like to point out that because of i themed the Phone.apk, Mms.apk and Contacts.apk based on the fr16 which means that if Paul have made some changed in the dialer for battery improvement you will lost these fixes by overwriting these apps. My suggestion, in case you are on the beta3 ROM, is to delete those apks from the theme package before to instal it from CWM.

Sorry about the OT.

Edited by viperDono

Guest aaww
Interesting....I just tried supernatural.s06e20.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi and it's working great. Maybe the old "naughty" avi I tried was faulty :)

You Should try out the VideoLan app or as it is called VLC Direct (I have the pro), it can play everything :unsure:

cheers

Guest gin0v4
Actually that is my theme i am an active member on another blog and i posted my work even there. "LeoMar75" my nickname.

looks nice and works fine on fr12 too :unsure:

Guest SpikeNansid
Kitchen updated, including aforementioned performance tweak. Should feel blazin' fast now. :unsure:

P

Changelog

16 May Fr16 Beta 3

• A new change that should give a noticeable improvement in performance!
  • Reverted some changes to Phone app behaviour
  • Updated Adobe Flash to 10.3
  • Minor kitchen tweak (moved some test apps into the test app / hidden menu item)

I'm just wondering, since updating to baseband 405 and accompanied RIL after last update, would I have to install the RIL again after every update or is it the same one included in the kitchen? Have read different opinions about these matters I believe at xda..

Spike

Guest ezangrando

Hello, the numeric pad when you are calling doesn't work anymore on stock google dialer, now i can't navigate through menus when i'm calling a callcenter... :unsure:

Guest SpikeNansid
Hello, the numeric pad when you are calling doesn't work anymore on stock google dialer, now i can't navigate through menus when i'm calling a callcenter... :unsure:

Works here using Dialer One from market.

Spike

Guest ezangrando
Works here using Dialer One from market.

Spike

yeah i know but i don't like dialer one, the stock dialer has worked 'till fr15 so it should be fixable

Guest MeX_DK
You Should try out the VideoLan app or as it is called VLC Direct (I have the pro), it can play everything :unsure:

cheers

Sorry for OT, but doesnt that app only allow streaming or can it play videofiles stored on the phone as well?

Guest djmcnz
I wonder if video issues are related to Flash upgrade? All OK here... try rebaking without Flash selected (and install manually from the Market?)

P

Will try and report back. I actually think this problem crept in before this release.

Otherwise this is the first time I can say my phone feels as quick as it really should.

Much kudos and thanks to you Paul.

Guest Sigge

After further testing and building a nice stock rom. This is absolutely the fastest my phone had ever been and it has certainly made this deviceva whole lot cooler. IMHO LG should pay you a gazillion billion for fixing thier phone. Had this phone been released in this state, it would have so much more...

Edited by Sigge

Guest Pikette
now, after a reboot it works again. :unsure: hmm my mistake?

I have exactly the same problem : first recording after reboot works and then every other attempt fails... Also when I use the LED to record, it often doesn't turn off when I exit the camera program. I baked my ROM with the 64MB kernel and sql optimization... Otherwise no problem, very fast ROM :)

EDIT : it may be a problem with the 64MB kernel : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=136 it seems to be a known issue...

Edited by Pikette

Guest Squide
what will happen if i have every thing unclicked in rom kitchen??

will that make my system even faster?

at least you need a launcher and keyboard

Guest ritdaw

This rom is now so smooth! This is how LG should have released it. I decided to come back after dabbling with cm7 because I couldn't deal with the daily lockups any longer.

Thanks for your hard work Paul, I know you are loving the SGS II so its much appreciated!

Edited by ritdaw

Guest Sigge

Hmm. My phone went "dead" today, in my pocket. I had to pull the battery to get it going again. This is with a stock build and the fast database, plus 64mb kernel. Think ill switch back to stable when i get home.

Guest wapz
This rom is now so smooth! This is how LG should have released it. I decided to come back after dabbling with cm7 because I couldn't deal with the daily lockups any longer.

Thanks for your hard work Paul, I know you are loving the SGS II so its much appreciated!

+1

I cooked it very, very vanilla with only lg calculator and fm radio and none of the google apps+flash+virus included. It feels amazingly fast now. Battery usage is also the same so far under heavy usage, wondering now if idle it will improve. I will report back later.

Edited by wapz

Guest federicoc
I have exactly the same problem : first recording after reboot works and then every other attempt fails... Also when I use the LED to record, it often doesn't turn off when I exit the camera program. I baked my ROM with the 64MB kernel and sql optimization... Otherwise no problem, very fast ROM :unsure:

EDIT : it may be a problem with the 64MB kernel : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=136 it seems to be a known issue...

Strange, mine is working without problems.

Guest Paul

Uploading Fr16 Beta 4 now.

This incorporates by battery fix - there is still some Partial Wake usage by Dialler, but my phone lost less than 10% in 9 hours overnight with push Gmail running on mobile data. :unsure:

P

Guest djmcnz
Uploading Fr16 Beta 4 now.

This incorporates by battery fix - there is still some Partial Wake usage by Dialler, but my phone lost less than 10% in 9 hours overnight with push Gmail running on mobile data. :unsure:

P

Can you tell us which files were changed for this fix over b3 so those that wish can just push them ourselves? After a full wipe and reconfigure last night I'm keen to avoid that effort again.

Tks :)