Steve's Next project

Guest mba07

Guest mba07

Given Streakdroid 1.9 is pretty much perfect (certainly in my case) just wondering what's steve's next project will be.

Any news on honeycomb maybe?

No pressure just wondering whats next for the great dell streak saviour :-)

Guest alert_bri
Given Streakdroid 1.9 is pretty much perfect (certainly in my case) just wondering what's steve's next project will be.

Any news on honeycomb maybe?

No pressure just wondering whats next for the great dell streak saviour :-)

My guess, 1.9.1.

Cheers

Brian

Guest popetodd

Perhaps he could skip a release just for fun and go straight to 1.9.2?

I am sure it would result in a flurry of "What happened top 1.9.1? Was it better?" postings we could all have a good laugh about. :D

Guest extrememonkey

What I really want is a new "MAGIC" release that will somehow fix the crack in my Gorilla glass that my 8 month old daughter has just done by bitting it with her newly developed front teeth........ :D :D :( ;) B)

Guest mba07
What I really want is a new "MAGIC" release that will somehow fix the crack in my Gorilla glass that my 8 month old daughter has just done by bitting it with her newly developed front teeth........ :D :D :( ;) B)

Nightmare.

What i was getting it is that what else can be added to the existing build to make it better?

Its quicker than dell's builds hands down.

Yes its not gingerbread but that does not really give you much more.

I would hope a jump to honeycomb if the driver issue can be sorted.

Any idea's peeps?

Guest dacho

No way haha it's so fragile i dropped mine from about 15-20cm height and lcd broke. Love the phone but i hope it was more sturdy. Dell replaced it but refurbished phone is in terrible shape wirh scratches and everything. I might call them back to send me another one.

Guest ear0wax
No way haha it's so fragile i dropped mine from about 15-20cm height and lcd broke. Love the phone but i hope it was more sturdy. Dell replaced it but refurbished phone is in terrible shape wirh scratches and everything. I might call them back to send me another one.

So glad I decided to get a case for the first time in my life. I got the otterbox Defender, did your streak have a case when it fell?

Guest LinusR
there is a reason that 1.9.0 is called "the final frontier" :D

Hoping so as well... but as google is delaying the honeycomb source code the chances for honeycomb are not so good

(correct me if got that wrong)

Guest carlosjcar

If he does anything beyond 1.9 cool.

I am very grateful of his work my streak would had definitely been worthless without the enhancements provided Master Steven.

He has done what dell was unable to do.

THEY ARE EVEN SCARED TO RELEASE DRIVERS SOURCE BECAUSE STEVE WOULD THEN BE ABLE TO COMPLETELY PORT JUST ABOUT ANY OTHER ANDROID VERSION TO IT.

THEY WOULD HAVE SOLD MORE UNITS IF ITS PLATFORM WAS REALLY OPEN.

WITHOUT STREAKDROID I WOULD HAVE CHANGED TO ANOTHER DEVICE A LONG TIME AGO.

1000 THANKS sTEVEN.

Guest Stephen Hyde

yea honeycomb is not being released probably for a couple months yet so their MIGHT be a couple more vers, so make some suggestions folks, already have the carrier text removed from status bar courtesy of someone on xda :D

Guest rsfinsrq
yea honeycomb is not being released probably for a couple months yet so their MIGHT be a couple more vers, so make some suggestions folks, already have the carrier text removed from status bar courtesy of someone on xda :D

I liked the transparent option and the stage video widget doesn't seem to work, but haven't had any issues with 1.9.0. Fast & smooth. Thanks for another fantastic ROM Steve!

Guest LinusR

something to add... i've just seen an ad for the dell streak 7 and i think there was an built in video chat app

and as fring does not support skype this might be intresting. Would this be possible?

Guest Roperband

How about tweaks to the lockscreen/incoming call screens? I've seen Portrait versions of both at times but nothing consistent...would be a great option! B)

Guest payce
... so make some suggestions folks ...

That being said: :D

- Possibility to change from Dell-standard landscape orientation to portrait mode (lock screen, some menus etc.)

- Possibility to change LED behaviour from 345 ROM's behaviour (switch off after 5 secs) to 318 ROM's behaviour (stay on as long as screen on)

- On top of CPU frequency scaling add option to change CPU voltage (probably ACPU vdd?) to provide stable overclocking for freqs > 1,3 GHz

That would be *my very personal* wishlist for any next version (not necessarily gingerbread). Also see this post: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?showto...t&p=1650105.

Would be happy to do any beta testing!

BR!

Edited by payce

Guest lonegungrrly

The only thing that could possibly make your rom better is the option for locked portrait. It is perfect for me otherwise Steve, hats off to ya :D

Guest superutp

I have mentioned it before but here goes again...

am I the only one facing the ' wait for 3 secs before the screen lights up and you can answer an incoming call' problem???

if not, then thats something that cud be fixed..

Guest mancterrier

Had the odd slight lock up here where it goes unresponsive and starts vibrating so Ive had to pull the battery but other than that this is the best rom we've had so far. Almost perfect. Maybe more options to customise the look(fonts/icons etc) at install stage...?

Guest coronet

Do decided against doing a version of gingerbread or even CM7?

Guest krazman

Since you asked...My favorite so far is 1.7.0 with perfmod. Everything but the phone app was stable for me. 1.9.0 with perfmod has a stable phone app but I am having issues with wifi reconnecting when the screen wakes. It connects but the routers are not listed so the signal shows very weak. Never happened to me on 1.7.0. Speed of 1.7.0 and 1.9.0 are giving me similar Quad scores (2500+). I've also had a lot of "screen slowdowns" where the screen is slowly responsive, usually after waking the screen. A reboot corrects this. Didn't see this on 1.7.0 with perfmod. I also recalibrate the screen every night before a nandroid backup

I would like:

1. Stability of 1.7.0 with phone stability of 1.9.0.

2. Option to leave LEDs on when screen is on OR not (as it is now).

3. Fine tuning of the minor issues people are having. I think the speed is great and the many features are wonderful. I would just like to see the little quirks smoothed out.

4. Option to lock screen in portrait.

JUST TO BE CLEAR....I am not trolling, bitching, or complaining. I am very happy with the ROMs Steve has developed. I would just like to see a maintenance build that addresses the little things. I am also not dangling a carrot as in "I'm almost ready to contribute funds for your hard work, if you will just....." I have already contributed.

Thank you again Steve. I do appreciate your work and creativity. I love my Streak because of what you have turned it into!

Guest skryking

sshfs support would be pretty cool.