[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest UTOPY
Hello,

i can't install gaps.

in clockwork recovery i can install it, but when the phone boots up, there are no gaps, no market and no gmail.

I've tried it for 3 times and nothing happend

Hello

I have exactly the same problem and the app2sd does not work.

Someone to help us.

Thank

Guest Sh4d0w940
See all Tom's posts. First time, he asked to not build, but last post about CM7 is dedicated to AntonioPT and I can suppose that they talked about CM7, before it was released here at forum. It's only my thoughts, so i don't want defend anybody.

I didn't see his last post when I wrote the post, but it still doesn't say he changed his mind or anything.

Maybe it's just my own jealousy because I can't develop for the Pulse that much anymore :D

Let's just assume the best then, Tom probably gave Antonio permission through pm or something.

Sh4d0w940

Guest UTOPY
My phone is u8230 and not slow. :D

Hello,

Rom installed and after setting is rather fluid.

The problem was that applications do not install google and app2sd under the terminal emulator is unreachable. A2SD NOT FOUND message.

How did you do your installation? I've never had problems installing other ROM before.

Thank

Guest AntonioPT
WTH, didn't you read Tom's thread?

He explicitly said he didn't wan't people to make a rom like this.

If you wan't to try it you can build the rom from source.

Since Tom made all this possible and he doesn't accept donations, the least you can you is respect his opinion.

But although he said it a few times it might be possible that you didn't see his posts and just read the requests for the rom.

Please remove the rom and wait till it gets approved or untill Tom releases it.

Sh4d0w940

Yes, I did read. And I fully respect Tom's opinion.

But, as you may understand, not many people know how to compile CyanogenMod from source. And while I understand Tom's opinion, and fully respect him and his work, you have to understand that many people from this community have been wanting for a long time to test a Gingerbread ROM. I'm doing a favor to the community, please understand my point of view.

And also, don't forget the CM source and Tom's device config are publicy available on the web. So I'm just taking the already published ROM and compiling it so people can actually use it.

Great news!!!

The only problem keeping me from using it is basically the camera problem, in my case it is very important to have it functional B) Do you have any idea how much time will take to solve it?

Congrats to you all :D

Tom has said that the HTC Hero has a working cam on CM7 and that we can probably use the Hero's driver with some tweaks.

As for the Market/DT A2SD problem, try installing DT A2SD first and then the Gapps.

And for those who suffer from poor performance, make sure you follow my post-installation tips. If you do, the ROM will be very fast.

Guest xupamki
Check the new updated post-installation tips.

Hi Antonio. Do you know why the NDrive doesn't work? Will it work?

I Have a TMN A1.

This rom is working good. I only have a problem with the camera and NDrive not running.

It is fast enough to use without problems

Guest AntonioPT
Hi Antonio. Do you know why the NDrive doesn't work? Will it work?

I Have a TMN A1.

This rom is working good. I only have a problem with the camera and NDrive not running.

It is fast enough to use without problems

I don't know, I also have a TMN a1 but I don't use Ndrive that often. (Google Navigation is better :D)

Maybe NDrive doesn't have Gingerbread support.

Guest xupamki
I don't know, I also have a TMN a1 but I don't use Ndrive that often. (Google Navigation is better :D)

Maybe NDrive doesn't have Gingerbread support.

Yes, but google navigation requires online data B) And I don't have a data plan. I need the offline gps.

Will Have to try another one

Thank you.

Guest AntonioPT
hi

is wipe and format /system same as wipe data?

No, "wipe data" is what's called wiping.

But you have to format /system separately.

Guest AntonioPT
so you need to wipe data AND format /system?

Wipe data is necessary if you were previously using 1.5/2.1/2.2 (99% of the people) and formatting /system is recommended to prevent the /system partition from over-filling.

Guest AntonioPT

It has now ocurred to me that the market/a2sd problem may be because the /system partition is full (remember RomManager.apk on Tom's CM6 ROMs). That's why U8230 users haven't complained about that problem.

I'll upload a zip tomorrow that frees some space on the /system partition so Gapps and DT A2SD can be installed for U8220 users.

Guest peelie
It has now ocurred to me that the market/a2sd problem may be because the /system partition is full (remember RomManager.apk on Tom's CM6 ROMs). That's why U8230 users haven't complained about that problem.

I'll upload a zip tomorrow that frees some space on the /system partition so Gapps and DT A2SD can be installed for U8220 users.

yep looks like it can't seem to get dt A2SD to install, i have a U8220

cheers!

Guest pk0102

Thanks for your great effort! I have flashed to my U8220 and everything is fine except the camera. a2sd is not work for the first time. but you may type "a2sd reinstall" from the terminal to reinstall the a2sd. after reboot, type "a2sd cachesd" and reboot again. everything will be fine then.

Gapps cannot be install properly but can download from market.

Antonio, would you please adding Chinese support for the next release? THX

Guest everal

hello,

i have installed the cyanogen mod 7 unofficial to my

tmobile pulse 2.1 official german os

the new cyanogen mod is not booting...

i can only see the "android" logo on bootscreen...nothing happens anymore (small fonts, no big...)

what i have done:

1. install clockwork 2.5.0.7

2. make a nandroid backup

3. make a wipe (wipe data / factory reset + wipe cache partition)

4. flash the cyanogen mod v7 / install A2SD / Install Google Appz ---> no boot only android logo

next i have thougth that the additional packages are responsible for no boot...

5. go back to recovery - make a wipe (point 3)

6. flash back only cyanogen mod v7

7. same only bootlogo "android" is displayed on screen...

nothing happens...waiting for 20 minutes....

Restore my Nandroid-Backup...

question:

is this version not compatible with "android 2.1 official german" ???

Thanks for help...

Edited by everal

Guest primo007

You should put in the first post which official rom is required (because of the partition sizes) to avoid the "where are my gapps" and "a2sd not working" posts.

Guest AntonioPT
Thanks for your great effort! I have flashed to my U8220 and everything is fine except the camera. a2sd is not work for the first time. but you may type "a2sd reinstall" from the terminal to reinstall the a2sd. after reboot, type "a2sd cachesd" and reboot again. everything will be fine then.

Gapps cannot be install properly but can download from market.

Antonio, would you please adding Chinese support for the next release? THX

How about a flashable zip that installs Chinese support? That would make everyone happy because, as you may understand, not all of us want chinese input support :D

Guest CarpetDiem
How about a flashable zip that installs Chinese support? That would make everyone happy because, as you may understand, not all of us want chinese input support :D

In fact,after flashing the main rom,a2sd and gapps,there are only 200kb or so left in the system partition, so I had to delect quite a number of apps in the system before installing chinese front.(I use the tre stock rom)

Btw, can anyone give me some tips about how to make use of "profile"?

Regards.

Edited by CarpetDiem

Guest pk0102

The problem is not chinese input. Actually, when i change the language to chinese, all chinese characters cannot show up properly. I tried to copy the chinese font to system/fonts folder, but not success. Please advise.

It is nice if a flashable zip can solve the problem.

Guest CarpetDiem
The problem is not chinese input. Actually, when i change the language to chinese, all chinese characters cannot show up properly. I tried to copy the chinese font to system/fonts folder, but not success. Please advise.

It is nice if a flashable zip can solve the problem.

Change the permission of the front file by rootexplorer