[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest Casterina
I have a problem with the market app.I can't find it anywhere i installed and reinstalled the cm7 and still nothing no market.Can anyone tell me how to get the market app and speed up my system a bit on my t-mobile pulse thanks :)

I have the market app working successfully on my U8220., dont know how it shouldn't be working for you, did you check the latest post which antonio put up - "KANG update".

But too speed up your phone partition your sdcard, 512 ext partition and 64mb SWAP.

Download dtapp2sd, this will move apps to sd and dalvik cache to the sdcard also.

Guest jimmie32

U8220-6 here, 7.0.0 Final works perfectly, restoring all my SMS/Contacts as I'm typing this :)

At 729MHz OC (haven't tried 748 yet), it runs as fast as my 748MHz clocked CM6 unit, so... impressive! Really cool.

(Has anyone ever created a faster OC kernel?)

Market works perfectly, very responsive, and free RAM is even better than CM6. I don't miss the camera at all, its crappy enough not to be missed. Got used to carrying my 14MP Point-and-Shoot now. :(

Some suggestions and notes:

- Vibration motor is... weaker. I don't know how to describe it, my u8220-6 used to be able to shake around everything in my pocket when it vibrated. Now its only slight and barely noticed.

- The Android scribble is kinda boring after it animates... can we get a custom zip to flash if we want the stock CM7 animation?

- Can we get a 2D gallery instead of 3D? It crashes... and it's hell slow. Just saying. :)

Thanks a lot for your work! :huh:

Guest Casterina
Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?gi0g0bp3wxqmazr

It's CM7 final, vanilla, without any customizations of my own.

Jimmy download this one, it also has the offical cyanogenmod7 animation :)

But yeah, i think Antonio didn't have anytime to post the new link of CM7 in the topic post.

I wouldn't recommend you use 748mhz... I kept getting reboots and stuff and i was un able to change it, i learnt the hard way :)

Guest jimmie32

I don't want to flash it all over again now that I've restored all the ~2200 messages here... And I don't like unclean (no wipe) reflashes. Bad bad. Thanks though :)

[i found a CM7 bootanimation.zip on the 'net, will flash it later to see if it works, if it does I'll point the link here]

The new CM7 is already in the first post, it's the final one. :)

Thanks for the tip, but this unit of mine got a pretty 'nice' processor which runs 748MHz (on CM6 before, and now CM7) smoothly. Before I flashed cm7 it held for ~7 days without shutdown (running at 528MHz min/748MHz max, hits the charger when I'm home) so it's not a problem :(

There are slight differences in build quality of our u8220/u8230/u8220-6s, some can go up to 748 without a blink and some are stuck at the 610s. Ambient temperature is also a factor - I always remove the back cover so it dissipates heat, and rub it with alcohol when it hits a high temp (sensor reports 45C or so = hot), so, well maintenance = high performance :huh:

Guest Casterina
I don't want to flash it all over again now that I've restored all the ~2200 messages here... And I don't like unclean (no wipe) reflashes. Bad bad. Thanks though :)

[i found a CM7 bootanimation.zip on the 'net, will flash it later to see if it works, if it does I'll point the link here]

The new CM7 is already in the first post, it's the final one. :)

Thanks for the tip, but this unit of mine got a pretty 'nice' processor which runs 748MHz (on CM6 before, and now CM7) smoothly. Before I flashed cm7 it held for ~7 days without shutdown (running at 528MHz min/748MHz max, hits the charger when I'm home) so it's not a problem :(

There are slight differences in build quality of our u8220/u8230/u8220-6s, some can go up to 748 without a blink and some are stuck at the 610s. Ambient temperature is also a factor - I always remove the back cover so it dissipates heat, and rub it with alcohol when it hits a high temp (sensor reports 45C or so = hot), so, well maintenance = high performance :huh:

Its got the old one, it hasnt been updated look at the date of it (2011-04-02)

Yeahh, haha.. my hands tend to get sweaty when the back gets very hot (A) You shouldnt let the temp go beyond 45C, it tells you at the back of the battery (A)

Guest jimmie32

My hands are sweaty all the time, sadly, and my u8220 gets crazy (this is where a resistive touchscreen comes in handy...) in the touchscreen...haha.. I want a matte screen protector...

/

Strange, just a few hours ago I saw the 2011-04-20 ROM in the first post... must be my memory going wrong or something..

Well, the readings are sometimes inaccurate (either good or bad..), and I don't use the stock battery anyway. Not worried, its always close to me and its not a nuclear reactor, it won't kill me. :)

(I wonder if I'll learn the hard way. If it blows up in my pocket, I'll tell you all.)

Guest Casterina
My hands are sweaty all the time, sadly, and my u8220 gets crazy (this is where a resistive touchscreen comes in handy...) in the touchscreen...haha.. I want a matte screen protector...

/

Strange, just a few hours ago I saw the 2011-04-20 ROM in the first post... must be my memory going wrong or something..

Well, the readings are sometimes inaccurate (either good or bad..), and I don't use the stock battery anyway. Not worried, its always close to me and its not a nuclear reactor, it won't kill me. :)

(I wonder if I'll learn the hard way. If it blows up in my pocket, I'll tell you all.)

LOLLL which battery are you using? Is it better than the stock battery?

In the first boot with this rom i had no problem, but my phone is getting locked in the startup image with black background and the word ANDROID. It happens whenever restart or shut down and turn on the phone, to solve the problem i take the battery and put back again, there for about the third time it start normaly.

I had already flash the rom again... make wipes... restores factory... and nothing seems to solve the problem.

Does anyone have any idea to solve the problem?

I have a U8230 and was using CyanogenMod 6 Plus.

Thanks to AntonioPT for the great work!

Sorry my bad english.

Guest Casterina
In the first boot with this rom i had no problem, but my phone is getting locked in the startup image with black background and the word ANDROID. It happens whenever restart or shut down and turn on the phone, to solve the problem i take the battery and put back again, there for about the third time it start normaly.

I had already flash the rom again... make wipes... restores factory... and nothing seems to solve the problem.

Sorry my bad english.

Did you wipe data/factory reset before you installed CM7 ROM?

Yes i did, i did wipe cache partition to, because of my problem i even did wipe dalvik cache before and after install CM7, I format my sd card partitions with gparted acording with some instructions of twrock that i found in this forum. I try install Gapps and DT A2SD in differente order.

To make sure that i have no problem with my phone, i restore my nandroid backup with CM6 Plus and everything is ok with rom CM6 Plus.

I was really enjoying CM7, in the beginning was a little slow with ADW.Launcher, when i change to GO Launcher and remove ADW.Launcher with Uninstaller for Root app, it was very good. Too bad I have this problem when i restart the phone.

Guest Casterina
Yes i did, i did wipe cache partition to, because of my problem i even did wipe dalvik cache before and after install CM7, I format my sd card partitions with gparted acording with some instructions of twrock that i found in this forum. I try install Gapps and DT A2SD in differente order.

To make sure that i have no problem with my phone, i restore my nandroid backup with CM6 Plus and everything is ok with rom CM6 Plus.

I was really enjoying CM7, in the beginning was a little slow with ADW.Launcher, when i change to GO Launcher and remove ADW.Launcher with Uninstaller for Root app, it was very good. Too bad I have this problem when i restart the phone.

Download launcherpro, go launcher eats too much of the RAM and can slow down your phone...

Did you download the latest version of CM7? Which Antonio released on the 20th April.

Guest jordanclarke69

this is great that someone is happy to develop the pulse. but is there a break down anywhere of what to do after the installation.

for example the first post says to enable OC but i don't know what that even means.... sorry for being simple but i can't find an explanation on this forum for any of the stages after the installation.... any help would be appreciated.

btw i've already installed CM6 using twrocks guide where he explains everything easy for the amatuers... is there any one who can do this for me please??

Download launcherpro, go launcher eats too much of the RAM and can slow down your phone...

Did you download the latest version of CM7? Which Antonio released on the 20th April.

Yes, i was using the last version of CM7, i did not have any other problem, the many problems with market that many people report i didn't have, all works fine for me except my boot problem. It´s very strange this my problema. I think i will try again when there is a new release of this great rom, i hope there will be a new release.

Guest FyodorNinian

Sorry my bad english.

Hi there, I have the exact same problem on mine running the latest version of this ROM. Plus apps from GM won't install. Fine other than that.

Guest jimmie32

@Casterina

Bought one in a electronics center in Beijing, China (woo..these places are huge and have lots of Shanzhai things >.<), it's a 2400mAh 3.7V one. :)

You could try checking out eBay for batteries compatible with HB4F1 (model no. printed on the back of your pulse's battery). Or, just check the size, and the voltage (3.7V idle, 4.2V on charge) and you might find one. As long as the voltage and the poles match.. (and it can fit.), it's great. :)

/offtopic

I've slapped a sense UI theme on my CM7, it looks really great. Search for NTSense if you want to try it out, remember to use the MDPI one. :(

Guest totiadrenalin

I told you guys!

This new dta2sd beta is cosing some problems with booting!

I have the same problems from time to time!

And when I flash the old dta2sd I don't have any problem with booting, and rebooting.

Sometime when the phone stack on the android boot logo I can't even get the logcat via adb.

It constantly says device offline!

when I type adb device in cmd and in linux terminal.

All the same!

Guest jimmie32

Here's the CM7 bootanimation.zip I found. It works on the pulse smoothly, just flash it via recovery :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?badfjgdjjr379bn (cm7_bootanimation.zip). Credits to the respective authors.

I found another bug: If you boot the phone with the USB cable (to the computer) on, and try to open the "USB Storage" in the notification area, it'll pop a window called "Status Bar" and close down immediately, so I can't connect the phone to the computer; unplugging the cable and plugging it back in works perfectly, though. :)

Instead of DT A2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04, should i use DT A2SD 2.7.5.2-1 from CyanogenMod 6 Plus?

In first post, AntonioPT write "Discontinued custom DT A2SD and Gapps, now recommended to use "vanilla" DT A2SD and Gapps.", is this what he means?

Guest twrock
Instead of DT A2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04, should i use DT A2SD 2.7.5.2-1 from CyanogenMod 6 Plus?

In first post, AntonioPT write "Discontinued custom DT A2SD and Gapps, now recommended to use "vanilla" DT A2SD and Gapps.", is this what he means?

For my testing of the 2011/04/20 version of this rom, I used 2.7.5.2. [Edit: that was NOT 2.7.5.2-1; I don't have any idea about "-1".] Seems to work fine.

(Full disclosure: I did modify both the rom and gapps before installation, but nothing that should have affected that.)

Edited by twrock

Guest h3dshot

:'( my a2sd wont work properly. i have tried using the one on the first page of this thread, the beta version, which just says a2sd is not running properly "a2sd check" in terminal, maybe your version is below 2.7.5.2, i have also tried the version from cmplus rom which wont work either :)

help please! i get random force closes without the popup box, i think thats due to low memory?

thanks

Guest Casterina
:'( my a2sd wont work properly. i have tried using the one on the first page of this thread, the beta version, which just says a2sd is not running properly "a2sd check" in terminal, maybe your version is below 2.7.5.2, i have also tried the version from cmplus rom which wont work either :)

help please! i get random force closes without the popup box, i think thats due to low memory?

thanks

Reinstall the ROM, this should fix the issue.

Guest will8578

does anyone know why using the official 2.1 rom and fibblesans rom, the contacts work off the sim card, yet on the cm6 and 7 roms it says there isnt any contacts on the sim card? thanks, or is there something i can download to get them working?

For my testing of the 2011/04/20 version of this rom, I used 2.7.5.2. [Edit: that was NOT 2.7.5.2-1; I don't have any idea about "-1".] Seems to work fine.

(Full disclosure: I did modify both the rom and gapps before installation, but nothing that should have affected that.)

I try with DT A2SD from CM6 plus and now it's working fine :) now i can restart and shutdown my phone, i have no more problems starting the phone :) When i write "-1", it was because it was write in the first post of CM6 Plus.

Thank you everyone for your support.