[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest SuhiJr

i have a problem, my phone rejecting incoming calls, i can call but nobody can call me? Thx

P.S. Sorry for my very bad english. :D

Guest everal
hello,

i have installed the cyanogen mod 7 unofficial to my

tmobile pulse 2.1 official german os

the new cyanogen mod is not booting...

i can only see the "android" logo on bootscreen...nothing happens anymore (small fonts, no big...)

what i have done:

1. install clockwork 2.5.0.7

2. make a nandroid backup

3. make a wipe (wipe data / factory reset + wipe cache partition)

4. flash the cyanogen mod v7 / install A2SD / Install Google Appz ---> no boot only android logo

next i have thougth that the additional packages are responsible for no boot...

5. go back to recovery - make a wipe (point 3)

6. flash back only cyanogen mod v7

7. same only bootlogo "android" is displayed on screen...

nothing happens...waiting for 20 minutes....

Restore my Nandroid-Backup...

question:

is this version not compatible with "android 2.1 official german" ???

Thanks for help...

hey people,

now i have new base rom 2.1 uk flashed and now the flash for cyanogen mod v7 is bootable on my device...

think german base rom 2.1 is not compatible (problem with partition-size)

now i test latest version from today...

thanks for information

Edited by everal

Guest kolaroski
i have a problem, my phone rejecting incoming calls, i can call but nobody can call me? Thx

P.S. Sorry for my very bad english. :D

install first UK 2.1 rom then CyanogenMod 7 I had the same problem with DE 2.1

Guest peelie

fyi

i had to

1. move dalvik cache to SD card (a2sd cachesd)then reboot manually (as for some reason reboot command was not found)

2. run programs from SD Card - a2sd reinstall

however market app still does not appear you have to connect to android market on internet and/or sign in to your google account

edit/

hmm market does not want to download apps? forceclosing when you try to download

Edited by peelie

Guest UTOPY

Antonio thank you for this update, now installs the GAPP and the app2sd but unfortunately the market closes and the app2sd suddenly does not seem to want to run normally.

Which version of the rom should I use UK version June 2010 or February 2011?

I see that I am not alone in this!

Thank you again for your work despite these bugs.

Regards

Guest jimmie32

Yay, update! Thanks a lot! :D

Some comments:

1. Still boots insanely fast, and I just love the bootscreen. Looks really nice even with the low-resolution of the pulse.

2. Chinese support! Yay!

3. Some force-closes of android.phone and android.mms on first boot

4. Seems to run faster even without OC (on ~528MHz). LauncherPro maybe? Yay.

5. Constantly losing phone signal, maybe its my carrier, never noticed on Cm6 though

6. Phone storage, 187MiB free here... wee!

7. Lack of camera is bad, but now that I think of it... the pulse's camera is no good anyway. I'll get used to carrying my dSLR around.

8. 118MiB of free RAM here after a fresh boot. B)

9. Its so beautiful.

Haven't noticed any problems here apart it being a little, little, little slow; but without animations its good enough for daily use. Yay!

Transferring data right now. Thanks Antonio, Tom G, and everyone who took part of this. The pulse is even better now ;)

Guest Muzifei

Nice work 0402 rom, It's really fast.

Two problems have been met and please help me,:

1 The market was forceclosed when you try to download, I've tried many times with/without change the default CM setup, but it happenes all the time.

2 I can not install any third party .apk. When it's promoting "installing" then the screen freeze and force reboot itself. This happens no matter OC or not. BTY I have slect the "unknown source".

Thanks.

Guest UTOPY
Nice work 0402 rom, It's really fast.

Two problems have been met and please help me,:

1 The market was forceclosed when you try to download, I've tried many times with/without change the default CM setup, but it happenes all the time.

2 I can not install any third party .apk. When it's promoting "installing" then the screen freeze and force reboot itself. This happens no matter OC or not. BTY I have slect the "unknown source".

Thanks.

Hello,

I have the same worries

Guest jimmie32

I haven't tried yet, but last time I got this problem I installed the ROM first, booted, installed an APK (any will do), if that works, reboot back into recovery and flash the rest of the zips (gapps, etc.). It worked for me in CM6... not sure here, haven't tried. I can live with a vanilla 2.3.3.

Guest UTOPY
I find that reboot problem is about a2sd. When I fix a2sd problem, I can install any third party .apk now! :D

hello,

How you fixed a2sd?

Thank you

Guest gbayar

The rom is fast enough, but had gapps problem like other people. Also had FC in settings when trying to check volumes and in other settings menu. And of course no camera is big - though hope Antonio will fix it soon. Returned to CM6 and hoping to have CM7 soon. Also I didn't see the application manger in menu in home screen as they were showing in youtubes. Hope you understood my poor english.

Guest UTOPY

Hello,

There is definitely a problem with DT A2SD (2.7.5.2-1) because with version 2.7.5.2 of TWROCK installing applications run smoothly.

But still problem of Market closes but now without messages.

I am looking for a solution if someone has one!

Guest joanorsky

Initially the setup wizard crashes giving me a FC.. then my whole screen went black without any launcher.. :|

I've tried 2 times.. same result. FC crash on setup wizard then no launcher. I have a TMN A1 (U8230).. any comments on this?

Guest ianmack
Hello,

There is definitely a problem with DT A2SD (2.7.5.2-1) because with version 2.7.5.2 of TWROCK installing applications run smoothly.

But still problem of Market closes but now without messages.

I am looking for a solution if someone has one!

Went back to UK 2.1 and then tried again, still reboots as soon as you try and install anything eg gmail, gmaps

Back to previous version for me at the moment :-(

Guest Casterina

I had a similar problem to you guys when i downloaded the CM6 ROM.. Antonio said download a different gapps and it'll work. Try this if you really need your market application, until Antonio finds a solution for the market problem.

Guest jeddy1
fyi

i had to

1. move dalvik cache to SD card (a2sd cachesd)then reboot manually (as for some reason reboot command was not found)

2. run programs from SD Card - a2sd reinstall

however market app still does not appear you have to connect to android market on internet and/or sign in to your google account

edit/

hmm market does not want to download apps? forceclosing when you try to download

i hope this will work.try it once.market_2.3.4.zip

unzip it first!

EDIT: can someone tell if its working ?

Edited by jeddy1

Guest jimmie32

Will try that zip tomorrow.

Also, I reflashed my phone with CM7 again and well, I'm getting the reboots on the market too, and my previous methods no longer work.

I have no DT A2SD installed and all stock, first thing done = install APK, did not work. Didn't even flash gapps.

Can anyone run a debugger through this or something? There must be a reason... what is it?

Guest anarkill

How long will the battery hold? (Going to stay on this ROM. Liked very much. But at 691 Mhz MAX MIN 729 Mhz afraid for 3 hours battery is fully discharged)

Sorry for my bad English.

Edited by anarkill

Guest jeddy1
crashed while trying to install any program from this market =(

then they must fix CM7.i dont think its the problem of the market