Official 2.2 upgrade for Swedish Comviq and TeliaSonera phones

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

WTF! If the partioning was bad before it wasn't hardly as bad as it is now (with TeliaSonera 2.2):

/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M

/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M

The "E" in ZTE must stand for "Evil".

Guest fonix232
WTF! If the partioning was bad before it wasn't hardly as bad as it is now (with TeliaSonera 2.2):

/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M

/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M

The "E" in ZTE must stand for "Evil".

Block 6 is /data right? Or /system?

Guest hecatae
Block 6 is /data right? Or /system?

# cat /proc/mtd

dev: size erasesize name

mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd2: 00180000 00020000 "splash"

mtd3: 00080000 00020000 "misc"

mtd4: 02580000 00020000 "cache"

mtd5: 0dc00000 00020000 "system"

mtd6: 0a280000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd7: 01500000 00020000 "oem"

mtd8: 00180000 00020000 "persist"

data

Guest kallt_kaffe
Trying a repartitioning right now...

Aaaaaahhh.... my phone can breath again:

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 210.2M 12.0K 210.2M 0% /dev
/dev/block/mtdblock5 128.0M 120.6M 7.4M 94% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 254.5M 14.6M 239.9M 6% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock8 1.5M 1.1M 380.0K 75% /persist
tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sqlite_stmt_journals
tmpfs 210.2M 0 210.2M 0% /mnt/asec
/dev/block/mtdblock4 37.5M 1.2M 36.3M 3% /cache[/code]

Guest wookie16081965
Aaaaaahhh.... my phone can breath again:

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs				   210.2M	 12.0K	210.2M   0% /dev

/dev/block/mtdblock5	128.0M	120.6M	  7.4M  94% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6	254.5M	 14.6M	239.9M   6% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock8	  1.5M	  1.1M	380.0K  75% /persist

tmpfs					 4.0M		 0	  4.0M   0% /sqlite_stmt_journals

tmpfs				   210.2M		 0	210.2M   0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mtdblock4	 37.5M	  1.2M	 36.3M   3% /cache

could someone post a step by step guide how to do this with my luck id kill my phone im using rls4 now will i just flash that back on once done this upgrade

Guest kallt_kaffe
could someone post a step by step guide how to do this with my luck id kill my phone im using rls4 now will i just flash that back on once done this upgrade

I will upload it soon, just want to test it a little bit more.

I have a modified sysdy folder with the hacked download.exe and repartitioned appsboot.mbn/partition_zte.mbn. I also replaced both boot.img and recovery.img with the x880 Clockwork and system.img with an empty one. So basicly it will upgrade to Gen2, repartition to 128Mb system and put Clockwork both as boot and recovery.

After that you will have to flash Swedish Spring RLS4 that is the only ROM right now (but I expect that to change soon) that is less than 128Mb and runs on Gen2 phones.

Guest fonix232

Nice work!

Hopefully we can get CM7 running too on it.

Kallt, please, run the extract-files.sh script from the github repo, and try to build CM with those files, let's see if that RIL works! (Also, swap boot.img with your kernel, so it boots).

Guest kallt_kaffe
Nice work!

Hopefully we can get CM7 running too on it.

Kallt, please, run the extract-files.sh script from the github repo, and try to build CM with those files, let's see if that RIL works! (Also, swap boot.img with your kernel, so it boots).

I will when I get time... however CM7 uses a different VMSPLIT so my kernel can't be used without modifications.

Guest wookie16081965
I will upload it soon, just want to test it a little bit more.

I have a modified sysdy folder with the hacked download.exe and repartitioned appsboot.mbn/partition_zte.mbn. I also replaced both boot.img and recovery.img with the x880 Clockwork and system.img with an empty one. So basicly it will upgrade to Gen2, repartition to 128Mb system and put Clockwork both as boot and recovery.

After that you will have to flash Swedish Spring RLS4 that is the only ROM right now (but I expect that to change soon) that is less than 128Mb and runs on Gen2 phones.

Oh thankyou Kallt_Kaffe that would be brilliant thanks for all your work

Guest kallt_kaffe

Ok, ONLY do this if you are aware of the risks involved. Worked on my phone (OLED Orange San Francisco)

• Put a Gen2 ROM on your SD-card (as of writing the only one available is Swedish Spring)
  • Restore a stock ROM or at least a stock recovery image. I used the recovery.img from TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B04: http://www.mediafire.com/?d469m6qvn13ae6c
    NOTE: If are allready on Gen2 you MUST use a Gen2 recovery image.
  • Download this package and put the sysdy folder into c:\windows : http://www.mediafire.com/?kog53g7ikb6lii7
  • Power off phone, remove battery.
  • Run c:\windows\sysdy\download.exe as Administrator (it's the hacked download.exe posted erlier in this thread)
  • When told to, hold down volume-down and connect USB cable.
  • Wait for FTM to appear on screen and for the application to say it is ready.
  • Press Start and it should start flashing...
  • When it get's to 98% or something like that it will start Clockwork recovery on the phone but if you wait another minute or so it will reach 100% and say that it is finished.
  • Here I told clockwork to reboot which means it will run reboot and run boot.img which happens to also be Clockwork so Clockwork will start again.
  • Use Clockwork to install Swedish Spring RLS4b and reboot when finished.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest zabtcent

Hi you guys. I was wondering.. I have a swedish zte from telia. I have installed clockwork and now i am using Swedish Spring RLS4( sweet..hehe). Is it safe to instal stock rom 2.1 for telia/sonera and stock recovery and after that using the official update to 2.2 from official zte site?

Guest whatcolour
Ok, ONLY do this if you are aware of the risks involved. Worked on my phone (OLED Orange San Francisco)
  • Put a Gen2 ROM on your SD-card (as of writing the only one available is Swedish Spring)
  • Restore a stock ROM or at least a stock recovery image. I used the recovery.img from TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B04: http://www.mediafire.com/?d469m6qvn13ae6c
  • Download this package and put the sysdy folder into c:\windows : http://www.mediafire.com/?kog53g7ikb6lii7
  • Run c:\windows\sysdy\download.exe as Administrator (it's the hacked download.exe posted erlier in this thread)
  • When it get's to 98% or something like that it will start Clockwork recovery on the phone but if you wait another minute or so it will reach 100% and say that it is finished.
  • Here I told clockwork to reboot which means it will run reboot and run boot.img which happens to also be Clockwork so Clockwork will start again.

FANTASTIC!!!!

kk, is there anyway for you to provide a 148M system and 2M cache variant so that it will be CM7 compatible?

thanks ever so much for your work!

Guest wookie16081965

rls4b ? sorry didnt look on first page doh

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest hecatae
Hi you guys. I was wondering.. I have a swedish zte from telia. I have installed clockwork and now i am using Swedish Spring RLS4( sweet..hehe). Is it safe to instal stock rom 2.1 for telia/sonera and stock recovery and after that using the official update to 2.2 from official zte site?

you only need the stock recovery image

Guest hecatae
FANTASTIC!!!!

kk, is there anyway for you to provide a 148M system and 2M cache variant so that it will be CM7 compatible?

thanks ever so much for your work!

I have no problems using cm7 with a 128mb system partition, and there is currently no way of booting cm7 on a gen2 libra partition layout

Edited by hecatae

Guest wookie16081965
no, I used the hungarian tpt as it was available

thanks for quick reply ive just downloaded the one Kallt-Kaffe put on his tutorial so can use that thanks again