Official 2.2 upgrade for Swedish Comviq and TeliaSonera phones

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest hecatae
Just one stupid question: When has the battery to be put back into the phone?

I'm very curious about the results concerning the quad band ability, when Sebastian will do the GEN2 mod.

i do that process with the battery always in the phone

Guest hecatae
And does your upload rate change between Gen1 and Gen2 on SS4? Maybe we need to start looking for radio hardware differences (using the dialler code info screen?)?

upload rate on gen1 is max 256kbs, gen2 max of 2.1mbs so far, and download was 3572kbs

yup confirmed, I can go gen1 to gen2 and gen2 to gen1 with no issues.

Can you please give me a guide how you go back to gen1 please, I don't want to brick my phone trying.

Guest gwebb
upload rate on gen1 is max 256kbs, gen2 max of 2.1mbs so far, and download was 3572kbs

Are you using Speedtest? If so what are the pings like?

Guest oh!dougal

Does anyone know if the cell radio signal strength gain is real, or a mere display hack - like the iPhone had?

I presume that the cell data performance gain depends on the network offering that facility, and offering it in your cell. If I have that right, are there any particular networks where this would be either completely irrelevant (because they don't use it) or potentially important (because they offer it everywhere)?

Can people report uplink speeds?

so!

o2 uk - 2.1 mbps

saunalahti finland - 0.35mbps

Am I right in thinking that the network matters - greatly?

It would surely be helpful to identify the network when talking about speeds ...

Guest Daimaah
Am I right in thinking that the network matters - greatly?

It would surely be helpful to identify the network when talking about speeds ...

You are indeed correct, there are areas where HSUPA just isn't supported. Ofc the easiest way to test that (that I can come up with) is trying with an alternative device such as Nokia CS-15 or basically any USB 3G Modem that's capable of HSUPA.

Guest Sebastian404

Rather than messing around with the flashing program... is there anything stopping me just putting the files into the suitably named directory on my flash card and booting the phone holding Vol+ ?

Guest Ralph Martin
Rather than messing around with the flashing program... is there anything stopping me just putting the files into the suitably named directory on my flash card and booting the phone holding Vol+ ?

This question is also relevant to those of us who don't use Windows...

Guest kallt_kaffe

I tried that method on my OSF before the hacked download.exe was available but it got stuck on the first file it loaded and never went on. No error message. Just stuck there forever. Tried with the files from both Comviq and Telia upgrades.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I thought that in page 4 of this thread (posts 74+) it was confirmed by murre79 and hecatae that downgrade works with no side effects, using mrradmir's modified flasher. I plan to flash my GEN1 TFT Blade to GEN2, but I'd like to have the possibility to return to GEN1 in case I need to use the warranty. So please someone confirm if we can go back and forth without problems.

Perhaps murre79 did something more later or was just unlucky becase he was the one who PM:ed me about ending up with IMIE = 0.

Guest Redflake

Followed the instructions and files supplied by kallt_kaffe and worked like a dream. I used win 7. Didn’t use command prompt but right clicked on download.exe and selected run as administrator. Now running swedish spring rls4 on gen2 orange sf oled. :D

Guest DrEzkimo
Followed the instructions and files supplied by kallt_kaffe and worked like a dream. I used win 7. Didn’t use command prompt but right clicked on download.exe and selected run as administrator. Now running swedish spring rls4 on gen2 orange sf oled. :D

notice any difference?

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Hi there.

Another question, maybe the same again. I'm from France with BT provider(bouygues telecom). My Blade is a Gen 1, with Android 2.1.

Can I try to update with this rom (i'm on CM7 actually) ? If I'm right, this will not change my EMEI and I can reverse the upgrade ?

Thanks and sorry for the same question again and again.

Best regards.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest hecatae
Can people report uplink speeds?

so!

o2 uk - 2.1 mbps

saunalahti finland - 0.35mbps

screenshot attached. android commander gave some funky colours

post-19680-1301863486_thumb.png

Edited by hecatae

Maybe a stupid question but does stagefright work on official 2.2 ROM ?

after upgrading to Gen 2

can we flash the official 2.2 update for conviq ?

Or would we have to flash a stock 2.1 rom first if that is possible after upgrading to Gen 2

Edited by Guest

Guest hecatae
after upgrading to Gen 2

can we flash the official 2.2 update for conviq ?

Or would we have to flash a stock 2.1 rom first if that is possible after upgrading to Gen 2

you can flash official comviq by replacing the download.exe

you can flash official comviq by replacing the download.exe

so the official update rom can not be flashed from SD like a custom rom ?

You say the download.exe,would that be the hacked one in this thread ?

I already have the setup in windows c:sysdy

so flash a stock recovery,put the update rom in the sysdy folder

go in to ftm mode,run download.exe.

or have i got that totally wrong,bieng the noob that I am ?

Edited by Guest

I have a Telia ZTE with Android 2.1.

The device does not go into FMT mode but rather I am getting the Clockwork menu.

Hence, I am not able to update to 2.2.

What should I do? please help

Well, after much deliberation I went ahead and followed Kallt_Kaffe's instructions.... After the device initially not being recognised by the PC I ran the "Device Drivers" that were included in the .rar file. Then, still nothing... it refused to go into FTM mode.

I was about to give up after a few attempts and so decided to flash my old ROM back in Clockwork mod... but I forgot to disconnect the cable from the PC. So when I held down Vol and pushed the power on the phone... bingo!! FTM

Ran the Download.exe and held my breath. It seemed to stay stuck on 4/100 for ages then suddenly rushed forward to 98/100 and there was the wonderful sight of CMR.

My gen1 Orange SF is now a lovely gen2 with 128mb system partition and my IMEI number unchanged. That extra 850mhz operating frequency will come in very useful, so a very big THANK YOU to Kallt_Kaffe and everyone else who contributed to figuring this out.

Not sure if its a placebo effect but it does seem that I have more bars on my signal now too.

I just hope there is continued ROM support for gen2 phones from here on in and possibly even a version of Cyanogen that will fit the new layout.

Thanks again everyone.

Guest R0peE

When I did the downgrade I lost my IMEI, this is realy not a safe howto guys... so is there any way to recover it like in Galaxy S? because they can do it via nv_data.bin, is there a ZTE alternative for it?