Official 2.2 upgrade for Swedish Comviq and TeliaSonera phones

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest mrradmir

WARNING: copy and keep Channel1.nvm file from flasher folder in safe place. It will help you to restore imei if it be damaged.

I also disabled imei checking in attached flashers to make restore possible and flashing more safely.

flashers.zip

Edited by mrradmir

Do you mean we should keep channel1.nvm after we have flashed the phone? Is some data written to the file during the flashing procedure?

I hope I didn't flash my phone too soon :-/

Guest mrradmir

Yes. But I think that flashing Gen1 to Gen2 is very safely. I don't know what people did to lost his imei or even get not booting phone. Maybe becouse wasn't any instructions.

I had no problems flashing mine and my IMEI is ok. There was a small problem with getting FTM mode activated and in the end I did it by tapping the power button... suddenly the phone came to life and went straight to FTM screen.

Thanks for the info about the channel1 file.... I was about to delete the Flashing folder!!! Perhaps this will be useful in any Gen2 to Gen1 procedure, should people want to go back and keep the IMEI intact.

Guest hecatae
Yes. But I think that flashing Gen1 to Gen2 is very safely. I don't know what people did to lost his imei or even get not booting phone. Maybe becouse wasn't any instructions.

I agree, there is also no reason to downgrade gen2 to gen1, as you end up with worse network reception

I used Kallt_Kaffe's flashing method so I now have a 128mb system partition. Would it make sense to make this the default procedure so that any future ROM development uses this as a standard. This would mean that everyone who upgrades would end up with the same layout making it simpler all round.

Guest hecatae
I used Kallt_Kaffe's flashing method so I now have a 128mb system partition. Would it make sense to make this the default procedure so that any future ROM development uses this as a standard. This would mean that everyone who upgrades would end up with the same layout making it simpler all round.

yes it would so it's been pinned in the stickies

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-windows-only/

after upgrading to Gen 2

I have no bootloader or ftm if i flash a stock recovery

Is this normal after going to Gen 2 and if so is there a way to get bootloader or ftm back ?

edit: just flashed stock gen 2 recovery from comviq but still no FTM mode available

Edited by Guest

I agree, there is also no reason to downgrade gen2 to gen1, as you end up with worse network reception

I am in my home office - it has always been a complete deadzone for orange - now I see I have three bars and I used the answerphone and made a couple of test calls with no problem. :D

So if the difference is psychological as some have claimed, I'm quite happy with my mind is telling me.

Guest sukkamehu

Why upload/download speeds are same than before in Finland. (D: appr. 3 mbps, U: 0,35 mbps)

I updated from gen1 to gen2 with kallt_kaffe's guide.

Guest jmm82
Why upload/download speeds are same than before in Finland. (D: appr. 3 mbps, U: 0,35 mbps)

I updated from gen1 to gen2 with kallt_kaffe's guide.

i noticed same thing and i´m wonderin it too. HSUPA works here with saunalahti but not on blade. Could that be that different saunalahti_ril files?

I´ve been asking peoples upload speeds, but haven´t got many answers yet.

I´m really interested this cause i use my blade as primary modem of my laptop.

Edited by jmm82

Guest crblues

Ok ... 24 Hours after I've made the upgrade from gen1 to gen2 on my "Sapo A5" :D , what i can confirm is that the reception has improved. No doubt and no placebo effect. The phone goes to sleep normally and when it does, the battery lasts more time than before, this can have something to do with the upgrade from SS rls3 to Rls4b... but it can also have something to do with the better drivers... All in all everything just seems more responsive.. but that could be placebo effect... B)

Very happy at the moment but a dark cloud is lurking... I've not backup my Channel1.nvm file and I've lost it when toying with the flasher... if I need to downgrade from gen 2, will I have problems? the guide hecatae has published needs the file or is it used just in case you get a screwed IMEI?

Let´s hope gen2 is adopted as an default... heheheh ;)

I did a speed test and only got 350kbps down and 116kbps up.... but that is not a surprise as I live in a rural area.

I am definitely getting a stronger signal reported though. Areas of my house that would previously show no signal now show one or two bars.

I did a speed test and only got 350kbps down and 116kbps up.... but that is not a surprise as I live in a rural area.

I am definitely getting a stronger signal reported though. Areas of my house that would previously show no signal now show one or two bars.

What's handy for test purposes is that I have a lego dock that is stuck to my desk, so the phone is the same position as before - in the past (Using the speakerphone), I've been unable to make calls to the answer phone or indeed calls to individual. Tried both and both were very clear.

I wonder what's so different about this radio? :D

Guest Maringer

This is quite tempting for me as I get pretty crummy reception at home with my GEN1 Blade at present. A big improvement in reception would be very useful indeed.

On my previous WinMob phone, using different Radios on ROMs often provided better reception so it is nice to hear that there is a possibility of improving things on the Blade, too.

The only thing stopping me trying out the conversion to GEN2 is that I'm quite invested in using Cyanogenmod and there isn't any native support for CM7 with GEN2 as yet.

Guest hecatae
This is quite tempting for me as I get pretty crummy reception at home with my GEN1 Blade at present. A big improvement in reception would be very useful indeed.

On my previous WinMob phone, using different Radios on ROMs often provided better reception so it is nice to hear that there is a possibility of improving things on the Blade, too.

The only thing stopping me trying out the conversion to GEN2 is that I'm quite invested in using Cyanogenmod and there isn't any native support for CM7 with GEN2 as yet.

cm7 will support gen2 after cm7 is declared stable, so if you want to help with cm7 development at present you have to be on gen1

was hoping to try the official rom but since i cant get FTM no more,and TPT is not option at moment I will have to give it a miss :D

Not sure why,I flashed stock recovery,but then I read in these threads somewhere that on gen 2 you need to flash gen 2 recovery,but still no FTM.

Edited by Guest

zte sweden took Telia 2.2 update back, it will be available tomorrow again.

What i found from Telia´s support forum customers have reported about failed updates.

Also tested it earlier today before i saw those feedbacks and now the Blade is capped. It seems that my whole internet and mms has completely gone. Still dead even with manual apn setup.

Edited by l4de

Guest Rotmann

For the peepz saying that phone signal is better on Gen2 as on Gen1, compare the db number in Settings-Phone Info-About, not the signal bars.

Guest Maringer
For the peepz saying that phone signal is better on Gen2 as on Gen1, compare the db number in Settings-Phone Info-About, not the signal bars.

cgk (in post 240 of this thread) indicates that his reception has improved greatly after upgrading to GEN2. This is with his Blade is attached to the dock on his desk so the phone is in exactly the same position as previously - assuming he hasn't moved his desk! :D

I know that atmospheric conditions have an influence on reception too but, assuming cgk's improved reception continues with changing weather conditions over the next week or so, this ought to be a decent indication of some improvement.

It will be interesting to see how things will pan out. I'm not willing to try it out yet myself as there is no downgrade back to GEN1 available. Otherwise, I might have given it a brief try.

cgk (in post 240 of this thread) indicates that his reception has improved greatly after upgrading to GEN2. This is with his Blade is attached to the dock on his desk so the phone is in exactly the same position as previously - assuming he hasn't moved his desk! B)

I know that atmospheric conditions have an influence on reception too but, assuming cgk's improved reception continues with changing weather conditions over the next week or so, this ought to be a decent indication of some improvement.

It will be interesting to see how things will pan out. I'm not willing to try it out yet myself as there is no downgrade back to GEN1 available. Otherwise, I might have given it a brief try.

Just to add to this - I made all of my calls (42) from my (home made lego) dock yesterday using the speaker phone - in the past, it's dropped about half of those due to reception issues. I didn't drop a single one and the reception was fine. Also made a few walking around and none of the usual dead zones in my home killed the reception.

Having said that, this is completely unscientific and it would be great if someone could do a GEN1 to GEN2 update and note the DB range so we could see if there is a difference or if we are just dreaming it. Maybe Orange turned on a mast by me yesterday! :D

Edited by cgk