[rom] Cyanogen 7 + tablet tweeks

Guest add.thebad

Guest Logseman

I have a question regarding the installation. What is it necessary to wipe? I mean, after wiping caché, Dalvik and user data I keep getting notifications saying the file is "bad", even when I've downloaded it multiple times. Or does it have to do with my ClockworkMod? I'm really at a loss...

Edited by Logseman

Guest Paris2011
You need to google "gapps cm7 download", download the latest version you can find and then install it using clockworkmod.

Thanks for that...got it now

Guest gingercat
I had that problem, but found a couple of reboots seemed to fix it.

Turning wifi off and on again seems to fix it for me (until the next power-up)

Guest dagrim1

The only semi-dealbreaker I have with this one is that bluetooth doesn't work for me (also not after rebooting and all that). Semi because I only use it to transfer files (for which there are workarounds) and using my phone for internet when on vacation or something (and no wifi present)...

The only semi-dealbreaker I have with this one is that bluetooth doesn't work for me (also not after rebooting and all that). Semi because I only use it to transfer files (for which there are workarounds) and using my phone for internet when on vacation or something (and no wifi present)...

I noticed that too, which is shame as I want to be able to use my bluetooth headphones while streaming from iplayer so that I can watch stuff without disturbing the missus. However, it is not often that I do that, so I can live without it for the moment.

Edited by .stu

Guest Sanddancer75

It's a great start. I've been running CM 7 on my phone for a little while & seen the bugs getting ironed out so I've got faith in this. I'll not install it on my lass's tablet yet though.

Guest Tony Williams
Turning wifi off and on again seems to fix it for me (until the next power-up)

Good Rom in terms of speed, looks etc but I also had Wifi problems. Rebooted and it worked, rebooted again and it stopped working after which no amount of rebooting, turning wifi on/off etc could get it working again. Gave up and reverted to my last nandroid backup. Shame as I would have stuck with it otherwise. Definitely a rom to keep an eye on though, especially with nightly builds on the way.

Guest wipeout140

Been doing some more testing with the ROM and two things which I noticed this evening is HDMI now at 60hz (CM7) instead 24hz (Stock / r8) when connected to my Samsung TV and when I loaded Google Maps 5.3 it was able to find my location almost instantly where as on r8 ROM this never worked (Vega only Connected to the home WiFi).

Edit 7/04/2011 9.35am - RC1 is now out

Edited by wipeout140

Guest FrownBreaker
Edit 7/04/2011 9.35am - RC1 is now out

Thanks for the heads up. What playback software do you use? Tried some video 720 avi and mp4 seemed a little jerky. Is there an updated player I should use?

Also anyone got the new Google Music APK working and syching to the clould (I tried in on my San Fran (ZTE Blade) running CM7 and it Fced.

One final thing how to I get the fancy sideways scrolling working like on Mad Murdoch video? It sort of zooms out to a tile and flies off the screen! Must be using the tegra GPU!

I went from no Vega to last 7/4/11 RC1 in 18 hours! 17 hours getting the USB tools working 1 hour (Stock 1.0.9 ->Vega tools-> CWM-> CM7 7/4/1/ RC1)

Smooth will love this with nice video and BTooth

Guest Sanddancer75

It seems smoother unless I'm imagining it? My camera is working now & wifi connected straight away without any problems too which is nice.

Guest wipeout140
It seems smoother unless I'm imagining it? My camera is working now & wifi connected straight away without any problems too which is nice.

I agree does seem smoother also camera not f/c like last time, only thing now, is the Market still has some problems by not showing downloaded applications . But overall its all looking good for the ROM

Guest add.thebad
I agree does seem smoother also camera not f/c like last time, only thing now, is the Market still has some problems by not showing downloaded applications . But overall its all looking good for the ROM

yeah it does look good for this. once the code is merged fot the cm7 stable release and murdock starts on nightlys things will start to get slicker

Guest add.thebad
Anyone got a 3G dongle working on this? I love the rom but at the moment thats a deal killer for me

cant say ive tried it but the kernell does support usb host mode, give it a try and let us know

Guest Panayioti
cant say ive tried it but the kernell does support usb host mode, give it a try and let us know

How do you get into host mode?? Sorry for the dum question.

Thanks

Guest Tony Williams

This Rom runs really well, wifi working perfectly for me now, even connects to my iphone running MyWi - found wifi was dodgy with the bugfixrelease previously. Still has the issue with the market not showing downloads but this is minor. Going to stick with this for now and see how it is in everyday use.

Guest Sanddancer75
How do you get into host mode?? Sorry for the dum question.

Thanks

I don't know if there's an easier way to do it, but if you power your device down, turn it on & as soon as the backlight comes on hold the back button. Keep it held until it's finished booting. That seems to have done the trick for me. Now to test my dongle that wouldn't work for me under R8...

Guest add.thebad

not sure

but i think

To boot into usb host mode hold back while booting (best method iv found is)

1) hold pwr untill screen comes on

2) hold back and release pwr untill device is fully booted

its a kernel this and this is the kernel its built on clicky

Guest windin101
not sure

but i think

its a kernel this and this is the kernel its built on clicky

Nope not working, it goes into host mode OK the dongle is flashing green and blue but unable to scan for networks it throws up an error

I may stick with it anyway am really likening it and with the honeycomb theme for cm7 it looks amassing even the launcher pro widgits get skind nicely

Guest dragon2611
Nope not working, it goes into host mode OK the dongle is flashing green and blue but unable to scan for networks it throws up an error

I may stick with it anyway am really likening it and with the honeycomb theme for cm7 it looks amassing even the launcher pro widgits get skind nicely

Depends or not if you want to spend the money but you could always look at a Mi-FI type device.

Or if your phone supports hotspot that would work as well.

Saves hanging a dongle out the side of the laptop and since both options just look like a wi-fi router as far as the Vega is concerned shouldn't have to worry about any issues with compatibility