[rom] Cyanogen 7 + tablet tweeks

Guest add.thebad

Guest add.thebad
Depends or not if you want to spend the money but you could always look at a Mi-FI type device.

Or if your phone supports hotspot that would work as well.

Saves hanging a dongle out the side of the laptop and since both options just look like a wi-fi router as far as the Vega is concerned shouldn't have to worry about any issues with compatibility

Yup that's what I do. Save another contract too

Guest add.thebad
How does the performance feel when compared to R8?

Thanks.

I think a little slower but its not finished yet. The main thing is the tablet tewaks which make it much more user freindly

Guest FrownBreaker

I've tried video playback using a number of sources HQ MP4 from twit.tv, BBC iPlayer and the quality is not good. It is all blocky and this is not the source the same source plays fine on a PC. Its 720 res and lower.

Even the Youtube and on line stream seems poor.

I do not think its the screen as gradient fills on web sites and photos look great.

Is it that hardware acceleration is not done yet?

Also Swypre beta installed fine and a great keyboard pops up. Typing works but Swyping fails it just beeps at the end of each Swype!

Just tried the audio streaming on double twist via the headphone jack to an AV set-up and it sounds perfect!! No audio problems to report!

Any good video playback programs for Andriod I should try.

I got Adobe Air to install of MP and it seems to work how can I get the BBC iPlayer Air edtion on the Vega?

The Air application is not executable and the I copied the .air file to the Vega but cannot open it?!

I readhere that I can complie an APK from a .AIr file using this command anyone done this, I want a APK unsigned is fine to load the iPlayer Air app onto the vega. Using the air install page on the BBC site on the vega just takes me to the BBC flash site for mobiles, but this is a mobile with big screen and the default qualty setting on the BBC site for mobile is "pants"

adt -target apk -storetype pkcs12 -keystore ../codesign.p12 myApp.apk myApp.air

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSff...cd0cb-7ffb.html

Here is an example of flash on the tegra...

This post says air aps are on the market place... anyone found / used any?

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2010/10...oid-market.html

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest add.thebad
I've tried video playback using a number of sources HQ MP4 from twit.tv, BBC iPlayer and the quality is not good. It is all blocky and this is not the source the same source plays fine on a PC. Its 720 res and lower.

Even the Youtube and on line stream seems poor.

I do not think its the screen as gradient fills on web sites and photos look great.

Is it that hardware acceleration is not done yet?

Also Swypre beta installed fine and a great keyboard pops up. Typing works but Swyping fails it just beeps at the end of each Swype!

I not sure if their is hardware acceleration or not.

the main purpous of this build is to get the tablet tweeks into place

Murdock says that once the tablet tweeks have been merged with the cm source he will build nightlys for the vega and that when we shall see the preformance improvemnents.

so watch this space

Guest FrownBreaker
I not sure if their is hardware acceleration or not.

the main purpous of this build is to get the tablet tweeks into place

Murdock says that once the tablet tweeks have been merged with the cm source he will build nightlys for the vega and that when we shall see the preformance improvemnents.

so watch this space

Thanks my bad!

Guest deadmeat30

sorry to be a new mong, but i have just got my vega, and how do i install this? looks ace. Just updated my ROM to current version, but want to open my vega up. anyone help? :)

Guest FrownBreaker
.....t i have just got my vega, and how do i install this? looks ace. Just updated my ROM to current version, but want to open my vega up. anyone help? :)

Step 1) Vega Tools 2) USB Debug on 3) Click the install Clockwork recovery, check it adds the recovery app if not download from market or copy manually from the vega tools directoy to the SD card and install it with the file explorer

4) Copy the CM7 rom zip to the root of the SD card 5) Run the Vega Recovrery app 6) delete the cache, data, dalvik (under advanced in clockwork) 7) Install the CM7 zip using clockwork 8) Reboot and enjoy.

Guest add.thebad
i downloaded the usbmode apk, thats used in the R8 rom, would that work if installed on cm7????

Not sure the kernel is buzz. Kernel which supports usbhoast so try it

Guest beegee1962
i downloaded the usbmode apk, thats used in the R8 rom, would that work if installed on cm7????

No, the usbmode.apk works with MoDaCo ROM which changes the boot.img between host and slave. In the buzz kernel u change between host and slave by holding the back button after switching on. Not sure about the sequence.

Guest add.thebad

From mad Murdock at xda

Will move this to nightly thread soon. Including a list of things that really bug people. Lag is a big issue,I can und why people move away from this until it is solved. I cannot miss the features here,but on the other hand it does rebooted help if lag grows to severe. Anyways,lots of stuff to fix to make this a better experience. Nightly thread should also feature installation instructions,since many Vega users are not used to nightly handlin Even I am more focused on GUI than on kernel, bumble bee is a great kernel Guy and I am looking to getting thi asap. Morsed by hitting a plastic pipe with my PoV mobii. Excuse typos.

nightly 01 now out

I already tried it but it doesn't seem to be a tablet build as the notification bar has moved to the top and the buttons and associated options have disappeared.

Guest mrlomax1978

Nightly 02 is up now on XDA, fixes the tablet tweaks mistake and includes additional fixes - Working great for me - Cheers Murdock

Guest add.thebad
Nightly 02 is up now on XDA, fixes the tablet tweaks mistake and includes additional fixes - Working great for me - Cheers Murdock

that was quick! thanks for heads up :)

Seems laggier to me and the airplane icon is still visible.

Also Bluetooth and market still don't work. Gonna revert back to the previous non-nightly version.

Guest premieral
Seems laggier to me and the airplane icon is still visible.

Also Bluetooth and market still don't work. Gonna revert back to the previous non-nightly version.

03 up with market fix

Guest kaizer82

Does any one know how to enable usb modem in cyanogenmod..my USB 3G dongle detected by the lastest nightly build as /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1,/dev/ttyUSB2 but when I go to network setting I cant register to my network carrier :) does any one know script to enable 3G service like in Modaco ROM?

could someone please check the leaked honeycomb apks for gallery/camera using this rom? would do it myself but i'm on vacation and don't have my vega with me!

Guest add.thebad
could someone please check the leaked honeycomb apks for gallery/camera using this rom? would do it myself but i'm on vacation and don't have my vega with me!

music app works well and is very nice but none of the others do

So far I'm impressed with this ROM, let's see how it goes....

it is nice i think. gunna be real nice once its finished